Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 2.5 Map made with 2.8 Editor  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
2.5 Map made with 2.8 Editor
« on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 04:55:48 AM »
Here is my litte and weird map for 2.5 made with the 2.8 editor:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64317034/Possessed_25Maps.rar

It's playable online.

PB MD5 Hashes, LEN256 :
Possessed25.aao SZ492103 AT0 LEN256 1F878575D6A72BD6BCC801537DD9EDC4
Possessed25NoFog.aao SZ492079 AT0 LEN256 F4675ED1E0FF2FBACEE9D50F6B1473B9

Theres no Screeshots, but if someone post some for me... lol  8)

This map was made only for tests, do not put it in your game installation, if you wanna see the map, open the file with 2.5 "ArmyOps.exe". if you don't know how, don't try  ::) or ask someone else
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

Re: 2.5 Map made with 2.8 Editor
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 22:12:28 PM »
didn't expect such a tiny map.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 22:13:40 PM »
I was going to threadcrap and say it's another noob map but I looked at it more and you have fog, viewpoints and an objective. Things that most noobs don't bother with.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 23:07:59 PM »
I'll read/watch some AA Editor tuts, because I'm far from editor's full potential. maybe one day I'll come here and release a decent map, maybe... ::)

I made this map copying & renaming the 2.8.5 packages to match with 2.5 packs (UTPT to browse 2.5 files and find the correct package for each resource) and then converted the map with Eliz 2.8.5 converter.

for those who do not know, only packages with "AA2" in its name should be used for a 2.5 map, "AAO" packs won't exist in 2.5.

-----
did you guys asked other mappers to make/try something for 2.5?
what about a map contest lol ?(not now i know..)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 14, 2012, 05:02:16 AM »
I'll read/watch some AA Editor tuts, because I'm far from editor's full potential. maybe one day I'll come here and release a decent map, maybe... ::)

I made this map copying & renaming the 2.8.5 packages to match with 2.5 packs (UTPT to browse 2.5 files and find the correct package for each resource) and then converted the map with Eliz 2.8.5 converter.

for those who do not know, only packages with "AA2" in its name should be used for a 2.5 map, "AAO" packs won't exist in 2.5.

-----
did you guys asked other mappers to make/try something for 2.5?
what about a map contest lol ?(not now i know..)

Nice approach, btw there's some newer material in the AA2 packages too, but if you stick to basic materials you don't really have to worry. That's a small map too so you also have a very small amount of materials being used. If you want a tip, you can use PlayerBlock collisions to shape they way you want something to be walked on/around, e.g. a small object laying on the floor as much as a chair or a table (you can even ease the collision by avoiding chances of getting stuck, or either just making it easier to walk on).

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager