Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Hodgkin  (Read 60405 times)

Offline Ganja

Hodgkin
« on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:14:58 PM »
Hello, my name is Adrien, i am 19 years old and i have been diagnosed with Hodgkin Cancer.

I am not sure why i am writing this right now, maybe i just need some attention, maybe i just need to talk about it or perhaps i just needed u guys to know.

I thought maybe i could explain to you what this actually is, but i am not sure myself. Feel free to check it out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hodgkin%27s_lymphoma
Loads of words i don't understand nor translate ...

Nothing better than the internet when you are feeling lonely, and tonight is one of those nights, so i am going to talk about it a bit, feel free to close this topic and go back to AA anytime ;)

It all started approximately 5 months ago. Every day i felt weaker and exhausted. My first thought went to mononucleosis, as it was the only 'disease' i knew about that made you feel tired. After a visit to my doctor, and a blood-check all he could see was 'a little infection'. He told me to come back in a month to see how it's evolving, which i did.

That's when he took a second blood-check, to compare it to the first one. In the meanwhile i had some symptoms like hot nights, scratching legs and most important of it, a bump next to my shoulder, considered as a lymph (not sure about the translation). The next morning, when i woke up ( next afternoon actually, because I used to sleep over a very long time due to my tiredness) the doctor called me to announce me this 'news'. Never will i forget the intonation of his. He told me "Adrien, your blood has been analyzed and there clearly is something not normal, I give you strong advice to go the the emergencies right now to have (one more) check on you"

I really had no idea what I was going through, but i knew it was not going to be funny. I went to the hospital as he told me, and since then i have had loads and loads of tests, scans, blood-checks etc. Stayed there for two days/nights until the doctor told me i probably had the Hodgkin disease, also called the Lymph-cancer. On that really moment i still wasn't really sure what this was all about. She did not pronounce the word 'cancer' so i had no idea what this Hodgkin disease was. It's only few hours later when i talked with my mother, who apparently had made research about it, that i understood what was going on.

Soon i had a 'port a cath' implanted in my chest. Couldn't find the English word for it, so i will just send you a random picture.
(edit: I clearly still don't understand how to put a link on this forum, ain't working for some reason, go check it out by yourself :) )
Basically it's implanted in people with cancer do they don't have to kill your entire arm every time with the needles, and i think it hurts less.The operation of implanting me that thing is the most horrible memory i have for now. I was supposed to be 'locally-asleep' but i wasn't completely so i never felt something so painful. It's the kind of things that happen only in movies you know haha, it was crazy.

Afterwards scans had to be made to identify the 'grade' of the disease and the location of the infected lymphs. I was told the grade was not the worst, but that I had a huge lymph in the mediastinum, near the lungs. This meant that my treatment had to be hard. There were some meetings with my doctor and parents at the hospital, to explain how this was going to work. I was told, there would be no radiotherapy, as it leaves you with too much drawbacks.

I am currently under a BEACOPP chemotherapy, which is pretty hard. My treatment consists in 6 cycles.
If you are interested i am going to explain you the cycles i go through. Are you interested? Yes? Oh cool, here it come.

One cycles consists in 3 weeks.

- Week 1
I have to go to the hospital on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to receive my chemotherapy there.
On that Monday i need to stay the entire day, but on Tuesday and Wednesday y presence there is only required for a few hours. During that week i feel 'ok'. I'm not in my best mood but i don't really have nausea that week, only tiredness.

- Week 2
I only have to go to the hospital on Monday. This is pretty much a horrible week. During those days, my immune system is at his weakest point. I am like a 'virus-magnet' at that moment. I have to avoid contact with people, and when i go to the hospital i need to ware a mask, because of how inactive my immune system is. Symptoms of that week are exhaustedness, like I have never endure before. I didn't even think it was possible to be so tired. It's like i am paralyzed of my legs, i can barely move from my bed. And sadly another symptom is throat/mouth-ache. I get a lot of painful ulcers in my mouth. There is not really something to do against it, apart from taking mouth-bathes like they call it. During this week I have to inject me with some product that will make my white blood cells increase (the lack of white blood cells is the main reason of my inactive immune-system during that week)

- Week 3
This is my 'holiday-week' :) I don't have to go to the hospital if anything goes right, i can see friends and family again, and i am feeling pretty normal, so that's maybe the week where I don't spend my entire days on AA ;)

And then the cycle ends, and a now one begins. Now i am at my 4th cycle, 2nd week (which will nearly end, finally)

You have maybe read it on the link i have posted (not sure anyone will read it, but hey, who cares) but the Hodgkin disease has a good cure percentage. I am not troubled about the fact that the treatment is efficient, and i have adopted a positive attitude toward the disease since day 1. "Your mood can change a lot of things in this therapy" they told me so many times now, so i try my best to stay positive. Sure it is not always easy, it happens i have some of those days/nights like now, feeling a bit alone and being jealous on other people on holiday.

Now, this is the end of my story for now. All i can say about all this, is that i have a lot of respect towards all the staff at the hospital. The doctors, nurses, everybody is just fucking awesome every time i go there, so big up to them :D

I'll gladly answer to some questions if you guys are interested, and maybe someone else want to tell his story?

Good night

Adrien

« Last Edit: Thursday, February 13, 2014, 11:38:10 AM by Ganja »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Hodgkin
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:24:37 PM »
Pretty bold of you to share your story. Good for you :) I wish you luck man and if you wanna talk on MSN or whatever, let me know.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline woopty

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:42:04 PM »
Wow man bigtme Wow !!!! It is without a doubt very bold of ya to share....... Im with spanky on this one,,, hope all is well and goes great for ya... HOOAH !!!!!!!!

Offline Forgotten

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 18:48:48 PM »
Tiredness, but cant sleep, Excessive weed smoking, Live off energy drinks, love to bitch and moan about stupid things, I have gameritus :(....

On a serious note, cheers for sharing dude, hope all goes well, good luck in your battle, if you need anything, let me know.

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:43:27 PM »
I don't know what to say... But I wish you a fast & full recovery and keep being awsome!

Offline R!$kX

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 19:44:04 PM »
Keep positive man, you'll win it  :up:

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 21:51:19 PM »
Ja hallo!  Dit had ik niet verwacht.... ben ff sprakeloos!

Zucht...

Offline zoxee

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 22:15:05 PM »
Wow what a schock  :cry:

I prayed and told God that i didn't care about my VIP Poster rank,
i told him you deserved it more than me and that i love to argue with
you on the forums so i begged him to heal you as quick as possible  :D <3

May the energy of all members of the community combine and converge to your
body and defeat the enemy inside of you  :makemyday:.

HOOAH !
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 25, 2013, 22:17:00 PM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline ]SFC[SerialCowKilla

• aao Vet since 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 03:05:55 AM »
Best wishes to you, Ganja. Keep your head up and kick Hodgkin´s ass!

HOOAH!
there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who dont

Offline God

« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 04:59:59 AM »
good luck in your battle, and be strong . i`m sure that u will be fine ! good luck ! best wishes !

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 12:37:42 PM »
Best wishes Adrien  <3

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 16:40:31 PM »
First of all i wish you the best , hope the chemotherapy will bring you in a better possision .
I know there are 2 way s for Hodgkin  1 you can heal from and 1 not looks like you have the one whit HOPE! .
The ex wife of my brother had it to starting under here throat but chemo dit work, and she is ( a little less condision) but she is oke now.

Its good to write it away i hade to 1 1/2 year sumthing but i spear you my story, i olso make a long letter whit pictures from the doctors  and adder fun stuff and it helps to gif it a place.
So if you feel to do it agan GO for it!! i have the link i willl look for this summtimes

I will think about you and turn my thumbs for you that dutch for Led it work for you.
Good Luck m8

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 17:48:50 PM »
That's why you need to have fun in life, stay positive and do the things you want to do, because your life can end any fuckn minute.

Beterschap man, komt sowieso goed :)

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 18:21:26 PM »
Stay strong my dude.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 26, 2013, 20:00:52 PM »
GL with everything  :up:
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager