Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Anyone Remember Me?  (Read 19251 times)

Offline Vanilla_Giant

Anyone Remember Me?
« on: Friday, January 16, 2015, 10:44:53 AM »
Hey y'all,

I was randomly thinking about AA 2.5 and decided to look around and I'm actually quite surprised there is still an active community haha. Not sure if anyone remembers me but I went by the name Vanilla_Giant and was part of the v3. clan, and before that part of the =Fas= clan, and before THAT my name was actually camrok37 if you're a real old timer. Back with all the good old boys like =Fas=(evil_twin), rogue, Choco_Midget, Mappouras 123, Lazerboy2000, etc.

So anyways, thought I'd send a shout and see if anyone is around, kind of a nostalgia thing haha. 2006 was when I started this stuff so it brings back fun memories!

- Vanilla_Giant

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Remember Me?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 06:43:02 AM »
Welcome to Assist, we're glad to have you!

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 19, 2015, 03:59:32 AM »
welcome back!

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 22, 2015, 07:08:15 AM »
I believe I do remember you from -v3. I was EU, though.

Former -v3.Plitter
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanilla_Giant

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 22:52:19 PM »
I believe I do remember you from -v3. I was EU, though.

Former -v3.Plitter

Ha! No kidding. Plitter eh? I definitely remember seeing that name. Man how much I would love to just have the old clans back together again just for a little while so we could do some big clan battles again... I remember playing the MoR clan in whatever league it was at the time and thinking it was fun as hell haha. Nice to hear from you!

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 01:29:33 AM »
Ha! No kidding. Plitter eh? I definitely remember seeing that name. Man how much I would love to just have the old clans back together again just for a little while so we could do some big clan battles again... I remember playing the MoR clan in whatever league it was at the time and thinking it was fun as hell haha. Nice to hear from you!
I believe Anti still plays sometimes, the rest have gone ahead for other games and/or things I suppose.

As for leagues, I remember playing EcK one night toruneys with you guys :D was loads of fun..
And I, to this day, think Twi$T was too good to be real :D
« Last Edit: Friday, April 17, 2015, 01:32:16 AM by teddy_grizzly_bear »

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 07:34:38 AM »
Welcome back, i was in -v3. which become unR then .infamy and then back to unR =p I think i may have joined after you left. I joined in late 2008/ early 2009. I forget which.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 07:50:42 AM »
Welcome back, i was in -v3. which become unR then .infamy and then back to unR =p I think i may have joined after you left. I joined in late 2008/ early 2009. I forget which.
I don't think he ever left, but he might not have gone along with all the changes you mentioned:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/579243/-v3.Vanilla_Giant/?s=ae07a99155d769465dde2d87fa4dd8686d48d5d6
So he joined on 21.07.2008

Offline =IHF=^Napalm

« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 15:52:24 PM »
 :style: do u remember the old 2.5 clan IHF? International Honor Forces.....well if yes than feel lucky to see me, cut I'm the last one of them  :D haha haha

The last soldier of =IHF= :style:

...and yes I remember u

Offline Vanilla_Giant

« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 16:30:41 PM »
Plitter - Twi$T was like half the reason I went into -v3. haha, and yes, I'm pretty sure he had a super advanced hacking program that couldn't be detected by punkbuster. That guy was nuts.

Bendawich - Unfortunately don't remember you, but I think you're right, the 2009 timeframe was when I started dropping AA by the wayside and focusing on other stuff, and now here I am looking back at it.

Napy - I definitely remember IHF! Some good guys to game with in there. It sure is neat to see old names still around.

Offline =IHF=^Napalm

« Reply #10 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 18:36:42 PM »
Napy - I definitely remember IHF! Some good guys to game with in there. It sure is neat to see old names still around.

Good Boy...cya u around in AA

Offline Eversmann122

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 06, 2016, 20:52:11 PM »
Naa man no one remembers old foggies anymore lol...yes i know this thread is dead but if any of you know me then yeah but anyway good to see ya Giant. does anyone really play AA2.5 or we all move to 3.0 or PG?

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 07, 2016, 00:50:47 AM »
There's still around 50 people playing on Assist every evening (EU time). It's not a lot, but it's something :)

Offline {Saracen}.Vulture.

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 30, 2017, 07:07:21 AM »
Even I remember fucking Twi$T for being obnoxiously good, and I didn't play for v3.. xD

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 04, 2017, 13:03:35 PM »
I don't remember anything - I got dissociative amnesia  :D

Lord-of-War  :style:
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager