Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty vs. Asus Xonar D2. And Headset?  (Read 6423 times)

Offline L@Z

Re: X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty vs. Asus Xonar D2. And Headset?
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 11:17:45 AM »

Intel® Core™ i5-3570 3400MHZ 1155 € 177,90*

ASUS P8Z77-V LX (Chipsatz: Intel® Z77 Express)€ 104,90*

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR3-2133 Kit € 97,98*

XFX HD6870 Dual Fan € 139,90*

ADATA Premier Pro SP900 2,5" SSD 128 GB € 94,90*   

Thermaltake Berlin 630Watt € 49,99*

ASUS Xonar DS 7.1 € 43,99*   

Pioneer SE-M390 € 38,99*

LG GH-24NS € 17,99*   

All 766,54 €

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 13:20:38 PM »
Stick with Intel, Samsung (830 or 840 Pro) or Crucial (M4) for reliable SSD's. Other drives don't have a proven record.

For a power supply, see if you can get a Corsair TX, HX or AX power supply. They have 5 and 7 year warranties and while they're built by a couple different OEM's, they are built to last and be stable. Get a 650 or 750 watt and you won't have to think about your power supply for many years.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
  • AA: k!cker
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 16:27:17 PM »
I've said all I needed to on the sound. My knowledge (not opinion) is shared among other audio enthusiasts. Kicker is stepping into that but I still say, X-Fi is over-rated and waste of money.

If hes wanting just to game its the best reasonable solution out there.

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 17:28:21 PM »
indeed, and any xfi is decent with music movies, for a gamer :)

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 20:59:21 PM »
Your posts get more idiotic everyday srsly. Good headset without a decent soundcard is useless cus onboard soundcards are so horrible you can shovel em up in your anus.

Get X-fi xtreme music and Roccat kave headset, xtreme music is rather cheap and is better than those super hyper exspensive fatal1ty super gaming sound card and then you have more money for the headset

Lol what ever u say,  all I'm sayn I use just the g35 headset and there an awesum headset,  I use to have creative sound blaster sound card with the razar barcuda headset, and I didn't notice no difference between the 2. So I stuck with just the headset

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 22:12:37 PM »

Ehhhhh. There's no need for ANY of the X-Fi software though. Windows has built-in mixer and volume controls and that's all anyone needs. Clean, pure and minimal signal path is more important. When you're running the audio through extra chips and processors (software or hardware) you're handling the audio more than it needs to be. I've had the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty card and I don't miss any of it's features (including the buggy drivers). Environmental audio in game engines is rendered in real time on the CPU these days that's why most all new games don't mention EAX or X-Fi. I've said it before & I'll say it again, EAX doesn't improve quality, they're filters and settings that might make things sound more realistic (reverberation, delay & decay) but ONLY if the developers used them properly (more often than not, AA devs didn't).

Lol what ever u say,  all I'm sayn I use just the g35 headset and there an awesum headset,  I use to have creative sound blaster sound card with the razar barcuda headset, and I didn't notice no difference between the 2. So I stuck with just the headset

Not much difference between deer shit and sheep shit eh? :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 03:08:30 AM »
only one more thing from my side:
Big_Sergio, if you buy cheep you will buy twice. like Spanky did say, less it better, you do not need high end cards.
but your basics should be not that cheep (Board, Processor, Disk, PowerSupply).

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:46:20 PM »
Ehhhhh. There's no need for ANY of the X-Fi software though. Windows has built-in mixer and volume controls and that's all anyone needs. Clean, pure and minimal signal path is more important. When you're running the audio through extra chips and processors (software or hardware) you're handling the audio more than it needs to be. I've had the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty card and I don't miss any of it's features (including the buggy drivers). Environmental audio in game engines is rendered in real time on the CPU these days that's why most all new games don't mention EAX or X-Fi. I've said it before & I'll say it again, EAX doesn't improve quality, they're filters and settings that might make things sound more realistic (reverberation, delay & decay) but ONLY if the developers used them properly (more often than not, AA devs didn't).

Not much difference between deer shit and sheep shit eh? :)

Way to go for using a low end set and a crappy audio card to test it on a poor quality source, like a compressed audio file...when i had that Xonar DS i ended up noticing the difference only with a quality audio source and a decent pair of headset, there is no way that a sound card might transform a couple of trash cans to create a better sound...a reason to avoid Creative marketing powered cards.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager