Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Testament to Logitech  (Read 6025 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Testament to Logitech
« on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 16:11:32 PM »
Having had my G5 over 3.5 years now, it's showing some signs of wear. I thought I would share the kind of use and abuse this product takes.

Polished bottom: Teflon pads are almost gone, a lot of text is missing and the area around the laser has been polished to the point where it's a mirror. Yea, a plastic mirror.

Missing texture: That dark black spot is where my thumb sits, it's worn away the texturing there and polished it.

Same thing with the left click button:
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: Testament to Logitech
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 16:19:13 PM »
any mouse i bougth wont last more than 6 monts, and the one i got now is starting to be a bitch!

as soon as i buy a new one i will post some pictures.
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 16:41:21 PM »
Pay more for quality. Less waste, less cost for you in the long run, less hassle.

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 16:45:24 PM »
i agree with you there, the thing is that a logitec mouse will cost arround 600 in local currency wich is alot! sia about 125 usd.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 16:51:51 PM »
Gotta agree with Spanky. I've had my LX6 mouse for about 7 months now and I don't have any signs of wear on it :P

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 17:07:04 PM »
i agree with you there, the thing is that a logitec mouse will cost arround 600 in local currency wich is alot! sia about 125 usd.

I believe I paid $99.95 or $89.95, I can't remember which, for this G5 at a retail store. Quality costs money up front but that's not a reason NOT to get it.

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 17:35:38 PM »

I believe I paid $99.95 or $89.95, I can't remember which, for this G5 at a retail store. Quality costs money up front but that's not a reason NOT to get it.

i am quite aware of what y are saying mate but 600 in local currency will give me a breackfast every day for a month so i guess you can do the math now :D

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 17:57:18 PM »
Breakfast costs you $4.16? Believe me, I totally understand budgets and the need to save money, I really do. The thing is though, save up to buy quality so in the long run you spend less.

Here's a little math:
According to the receipt, on 5-11-2007 I paid $59.95 (I guess I was a little off :P) for this G5 mouse. I've used it every single day since then. That's 3 years 2 months and 15 days as of today. Let's say 38 months just to round it. Let's also say the mouse cost $60. That comes to an average of less than $1.58 a month to use this mouse. Now to get really precise I've had the mouse roughly 1303.5 days and at the price of $59.95, it cost me less than 4.6 cents a day.

Going through the cheap mice you and other people do, how much do they cost you per month or per day?

(Fun fact: looking at the same receipt 1GB of DDR2 667Mhz cost me $82, my how times change.)

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 18:08:23 PM »
Breakfast costs you $4.16? Believe me, I totally understand budgets and the need to save money, I really do. The thing is though, save up to buy quality so in the long run you spend less.

Here's a little math:
According to the receipt, on 5-11-2007 I paid $59.95 (I guess I was a little off :P) for this G5 mouse. I've used it every single day since then. That's 3 years 2 months and 15 days as of today. Let's say 38 months just to round it. Let's also say the mouse cost $60. That comes to an average of less than $1.58 a month to use this mouse. Now to get really precise I've had the mouse roughly 1303.5 days and at the price of $59.95, it cost me less than 4.6 cents a day.

Going through the cheap mice you and other people do, how much do they cost you per month or per day?

(Fun fact: looking at the same receipt 1GB of DDR2 667Mhz cost me $82, my how times change.)

i will reply to this when i ge home :) (have to beat spanky) and i shall win!
« Last Edit: Monday, July 26, 2010, 18:49:34 PM by Spanky »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 18:49:51 PM »
Ok. I fixed your fail post.

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 19:39:21 PM »
on september 15 2007 i set up this rig

Processor 2.0 Dual core intel CPU
Mobo Foxconn 945 GMX
RAM Crossair 2x2 GB @ 533 Mhz
HD 160GB Sansung
Video Nvidia XFX 8400GS 512 RAM
Case Regular Case
Mouse Regular Mouse
Monitor IBM 17" flat panel.

all for less than 1k.

I have had this budget computer for 2 years now, and i have changed 2 keyboadrs, cos letters got deleted and i hate that now i have a microsoft wired keyboard 600, 4 mouses including the one using atm, ofcourse all others broke. and mobo wich i dont know what happend to it cos it never booted again....

and just for my liking i only change the 8400GS to a 9400TG 1GB RAM, and the 2.0 dual core to a 3.o Core 2 duo.

and this in the past 6 months so what i am trying to say that sometimes budget is not that bad when you buy what with what you have! :D

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 19:43:51 PM »
You got rid of your keyboard because the letters faded? Kinda lame lol, I should show you my old keyboard, it's like my mouse in that it has mirror plastic in some spots :) How much did all those mice cost? If 4 of your budget mice cost $15 each or more, it would have been worthwhile to save and buy a real one. That's my point.

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 26, 2010, 19:50:51 PM »
You got rid of your keyboard because the letters faded? Kinda lame lol, I should show you my old keyboard, it's like my mouse in that it has mirror plastic in some spots :) How much did all those mice cost? If 4 of your budget mice cost $15 each or more, it would have been worthwhile to save and buy a real one. That's my point.

i see your point, i guess first mouse came with the case, so it didnt cost any, 2nd mouse wich i really liked, costed me arround 5$ so it lasted about 4 monts till my sister broke it, 3rd mouse what the most expensive i bougth a lexma laser one quite nice and it broke afte almost 2 years (15$) , them i bougth this one a lexma also, for i dont know same 10$ and its working but sometimes gets all crazy!

and i do get your point the thing is that as for now i would be spending 125$ for a mouse as i am paying for my 32" LCD TV, getting an A/C for my bedroom and a new matress!

i guess there are more important things :D

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 19:23:04 PM »
I don't know how I missed this thread but I can safely say that the only company I am a fan boy for is Logitech. I had my G5 (Old version) for well over 3 years and the only reason I stopped using it is because I broke it. I knocked it off the desk and stepped on it breaking the scroll wheel and left click...and I just bought the G5 successor the G500 and its every bit as good as the G5.
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 20:06:17 PM »
Funny you bring this thread up. I've been actively looking at mice. I really like the Logitech Performance Mouse MX but while it's a great mouse and feels good, it doesn't have much DPI control. Having really gotten into Bad Company 2, I find myself constantly adjusting DPI using a range from 400 to 2000. Because of that, my interest has turned towards the Razer Mamba. I should probably make a new thread for this but I don't imagine discussion will go far. If it does, I'll split it.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager