Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Super Nintendo - Star Ocean: Fantastic Space Oddesey  (Read 2090 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Super Nintendo - Star Ocean: Fantastic Space Oddesey
« on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 01:01:28 AM »
Even though I bought this a week back, I decided to post since the forums are getting kind of dull.

Recently I had been thinking of the idea of trying to relive through my collection of games as a kid along with other exotics. The first game to start it off was Star Ocean, which actually is a Japanese import. It never made it out of Japan because it was made so late in the life of the Super Nintendo it was believed it would flop if they made it available (RPG's weren't popular at the time). I'm actually glad they never released it out of Japan because the guy who did translate it available as a patch for the ROM of the game did a great job at it.

Now if you don't know, Nintendo was a censor nazi during the time and had complete control over everything. Thus a lot of games would never make it out how the designer originally envisioned it because Nintendo didn't want religion, blood, or some borderline things to exist in their games. I also have to throw in that the remake of Star Ocean for the PSP sucked and the translation was bad; the PSP version could have been soooooo much better, but w/e it sold anyway.

Okay! Enough, onto the pictures!

Maybe I'll get some real life pictures of the gameplay later. What you can do as your sitting there is actually go watch some of the videos I recorded off the emulator of the game if your interested. http://www.youtube.com/user/blueblaster64

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Super Nintendo - Star Ocean: Fantastic Space Oddesey
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 03:11:01 AM »
I laughed because that is so cool :) Without getting too much into it (forum rules)... You played the ROM on a emulator and bought the game itself from an international seller? I could understand if it was a used cheapie from the local Game Stop (wow are those around anymore?) but... I don't know.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 03:23:55 AM »
I remember having "Dennis, the Bad Boy" (US-version) not working with my Nintento 64 (EU-version). Goes to show how much of the market they actually controlled. Although, after dissembling the ROM along with my father, we figured what triggered the ROM to be incompatible with my Nintendo and fixed it. We also fixed "The Lemmings" and quite some fun playing both.

Anyone remembers Spectrum? I had one and was quite addicted to it, when young.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 04:21:10 AM »
I laughed because that is so cool :) Without getting too much into it (forum rules)... You played the ROM on a emulator and bought the game itself from an international seller? I could understand if it was a used cheapie from the local Game Stop (wow are those around anymore?) but... I don't know.
Pretty much. I thought it would be cool to own the actual game :). Its awesome that I got it with the box and everything.

We also fixed "The Lemmings" and quite some fun playing both.

Anyone remembers Spectrum? I had one and was quite addicted to it, when young.
Lemmings is an awesome game, but the Spectrum is before my time. I might as well look it up though.

Jared

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 02, 2010, 11:57:28 AM »
Lemmings was ill, someone made a pc version of that game.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager