Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: samsung ssd  (Read 23265 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
samsung ssd
« on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 14:16:08 PM »
not sure if anyone knows much about them, 1 day all is fine next day won't boot up, went in the bios seeing ssd is in the frozen state, was able to clear that  erase all data on ssd and booted back up, went back to bios still states frozen

I already bought a new ssd hard drive, so if anyone knows how to fix or repair that ssd from frozen mode i'll give it away , it's easier for me just to get new items then sit and try to figure out wtf is wrong. btw ssd is 13 months old
samsung ssd 840 pro 256

Offline Ganja

Re: samsung ssd
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 14:36:33 PM »
Spanky helped me with my Samsung SSD so I suggest you send him PM if he's still around !

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 14:45:33 PM »
Spanky helped me with my Samsung SSD so I suggest you send him PM if he's still around !

thx i bought a new 1 so i don't need this 1 no longer, that's why i posted if anyone can resolve the issue i was having they can have it free of charge  : )))

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 14:50:34 PM »
My PC won't start at all nowadays... Although the SSD I added probably has nothing to do with it since it doesn't work without it either.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 15:09:45 PM »
I have also samsung ssd, but only evo version. I havent seen such problem. Was it with ahci mode in bios? Dunno much about them, but it shouldnt go old so quickly tho.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 15:26:02 PM »
Evo me too. But I have no clue about this Wick, ask Spank ;)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 17:10:34 PM »
wicked, your disk is defect, bad parts of it. but you can try to fix it with the samsung tool magician.
download it. otherwise you can get a new one by guarantee maybe. samsung is very generous. give a try.

when you do add a ssd, nothing realy changes at all - except the speed. but you can go and speedup the disk by many tools. if you do so, dont be surprised when you get trouble. it depends on which disk you have installed. i started with OCZ disks, because they are cheeper then others. whithin 2 years i did loose about 4 ssd's on 4 pc's. now i am running samsung ssd's. just perfect, also the tools from them. but be sure you run them only on the disk it was made for that tool you use.

teddy, check bios - first, second, third boot device. be sure you have the right selection (first). then you have to select specialy the device you would like to boot from - it is depending from the first boot device.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 18:20:29 PM »
wicked, your disk is defect, bad parts of it. but you can try to fix it with the samsung tool magician.
download it. otherwise you can get a new one by guarantee maybe. samsung is very generous. give a try.

when you do add a ssd, nothing realy changes at all - except the speed. but you can go and speedup the disk by many tools. if you do so, dont be surprised when you get trouble. it depends on which disk you have installed. i started with OCZ disks, because they are cheeper then others. whithin 2 years i did loose about 4 ssd's on 4 pc's. now i am running samsung ssd's. just perfect, also the tools from them. but be sure you run them only on the disk it was made for that tool you use.

teddy, check bios - first, second, third boot device. be sure you have the right selection (first). then you have to select specialy the device you would like to boot from - it is depending from the first boot device.

thx merlin i haven't used that tool much, but i'm trying to use it through laptop, plugging  ssd through adpater to usb,  but its not letting me update the software with using windows 8, being i used the cd that came with the ssd 840 pro

Samsung Magician Software for PC

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 19:15:52 PM »
not sure if anyone knows much about them, 1 day all is fine next day won't boot up, went in the bios seeing ssd is in the frozen state, was able to clear that  erase all data on ssd and booted back up, went back to bios still states frozen

I already bought a new ssd hard drive, so if anyone knows how to fix or repair that ssd from frozen mode i'll give it away , it's easier for me just to get new items then sit and try to figure out wtf is wrong. btw ssd is 13 months old
samsung ssd 840 pro 256
Unless you bought it used those things have long warranties. I think it's 5 years. at least 3 for sure. Send it back to Samsung.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 20:24:37 PM »
well it's not a hard drive issue, unless i just bought 2 bad 1's, but what's the odds of that happening, anyhow

Doesn't matter what hard drive I plug in same result, blue screen error while attempting to install windows 7, gets to the window screen then bse, I know its not the graphics cards nor the ram, tested each slot and good, only other thing left is motherboard

but before pulling it all apart and disabling the motherboard anything else that i could test out to see if it's the board???

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 20:30:02 PM »
well it's not a hard drive issue, unless i just bought 2 bad 1's, but what's the odds of that happening, anyhow

Doesn't matter what hard drive I plug in same result, blue screen error while attempting to install windows 7, gets to the window screen then bse, I know its not the graphics cards nor the ram, tested each slot and good, only other thing left is motherboard

but before pulling it all apart and disabling the motherboard anything else that i could test out to see if it's the board???
Well bluescreens are typically driver issues. Reinstall all of the drivers you have recently updated or installed.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 22, 2015, 20:37:27 PM »
Well bluescreens are typically driver issues. Reinstall all of the drivers you have recently updated or installed.

I can't , no o/s system on any of the ssd's unless another way to do it

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 02:01:13 AM »
dont you have another usb port to use it. try this with making an extended boot device.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 02:32:01 AM »
I guess I misspoke about the seriousness of the problem - the only thing that works are the fans, nothing more. BIOS is inaccessible.

But this is kind of off topic here anyway and I'm taking it to the people who sold it to me, I have warranty of 36+ months on all the stuff ("lifelong" for the SSD though).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 06:07:38 AM »
I guess I misspoke about the seriousness of the problem - the only thing that works are the fans, nothing more. BIOS is inaccessible.

But this is kind of off topic here anyway and I'm taking it to the people who sold it to me, I have warranty of 36+ months on all the stuff ("lifelong" for the SSD though).
Have you tried to clear the CMOS yet? It will reset the bios settings, wouldn't hurt...the procedure is usually described on the mother board manual (usually it involves using a little contact bridge thingie).

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager