Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: question  (Read 1849 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
question
« on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 14:59:06 PM »
ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition, not even sure if possiable if all 4 slots can be bad, but in my case i think thats the case, i swapped out the memory to other 4 slots and won't boot up, so i'm thinking 4 bad memory slots

question 1.   how do i update bios?  save it to flashdrive and boot from flash drive??  not sure if that even does anything in my case or what iupdating bios exactly does or if even needed to be done

2nd question look at the cpu reading shows what i o/c processor too, but it doesn't show in my computer why not???  it does show in bios though

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 15:10:20 PM »
Overclocking your CPU won't show in My Computer or in Task Manager because it's reading the name of the CPU and stock frequencies.

As for the memory slots, are you still using that insanely large kit? A BIOS update might help but I'd get that kit down and pick up a smaller but faster kit. Just because the CPU/motherboard "supports" 32/64GB doesn't mean it works great running it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 15:15:25 PM »
Overclocking your CPU won't show in My Computer or in Task Manager because it's reading the name of the CPU and stock frequencies.

As for the memory slots, are you still using that insanely large kit? A BIOS update might help but I'd get that kit down and pick up a smaller but faster kit. Just because the CPU/motherboard "supports" 32/64GB doesn't mean it works great running it.
lol yea i am haven't sold it yet, just collecting dust lol figure i try it again,

this is my next 1 only if i sell the current 1
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400

how to update bios??  flashdrive??, i hate this board i don't know shit about it and i hate reading

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 15:48:13 PM »
You'll have to read the manual to see how to do it, that's all I can say.

As for the memory, are you talking about this kit:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233606

If so, unless you do RAM Disks or raw 1080p video rendering/editing or tons of huge Photoshop projects, save your $$. 6-8GB is mainstream. 16GB is more than plenty even for the most demanding games and even video rendering. Grab this instead:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231589
Tighter timings, better overclocking, and much cheaper.

By the time you end up using 16GB memory, you'll want to upgrade to DDR4 anyway.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 01, 2014, 16:13:01 PM »
You'll have to read the manual to see how to do it, that's all I can say.

As for the memory, are you talking about this kit:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233606

If so, unless you do RAM Disks or raw 1080p video rendering/editing or tons of huge Photoshop projects, save your $$. 6-8GB is mainstream. 16GB is more than plenty even for the most demanding games and even video rendering. Grab this instead:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231589
Tighter timings, better overclocking, and much cheaper.

By the time you end up using 16GB memory, you'll want to upgrade to DDR4 anyway.

thx spanky for the info, btw i get this shit for free, we'll have to give my guy something know what i mean

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager