Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Problem with new graphic card  (Read 1906 times)

Offline .mo!otow^

Problem with new graphic card
« on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 20:10:01 PM »
Hello Community,

today i bought a new graphic card, because my old one doesn´t work anymore. Before i had a Nvidia GeForce GS 8600. Now i built-in a AMD Radeon HD 7700.

So far without problems. I can start the PC, can install the new driver and can use my PC for normal things.
Tonight i wanna start to play with this new card, but than starts the shit...

I can´t join a server, because i get following failure: Critical Error = Video: No Video
I test it with other games - the same problem, i can´t play.

So what i have done:
-deinstalled the old nVidia drivers
-installed the new AMD drivers (delete - install so many times)
-update all necessary drivers
-repair AA2.5
-clean the PC with a special software to delete all components of the old driver
-and and and...

When i take a look in the hardware/software information, i can see all details of the new card. So, my computer detected the new card. There must be communication failure between the card and the single programs who say - no, there is no graphic card.

I´m not an expert for computer stuff. It would be great when someone can help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance,
mo!otow

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Problem with new graphic card
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 20:59:10 PM »
try a fresh windows install, maybe u can make a new partition for this or try googling
edit:
Try First to Delete your "ArmyOps.ini" and then restart the game.
"ArmyOps.ini" might b here:
WINDOWS XP: C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME\Application Data\25Assist\armyops\System
WINDOWS VISTA/7: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\25Assist\armyops\System

*USERNAME is your Windows Log-in/Account username
« Last Edit: Friday, January 11, 2013, 21:13:38 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 11, 2013, 22:25:23 PM »
Exactly which 7700 series card is it? The 7700 is not a GPU but rather a series of GPUs. Also, what is your power supply? You may not be giving enough power to the GPU for it to function under any load.

Offline .mo!otow^

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 04:18:58 AM »
@Possessed: Thanks for your idea, but it doesn´t work.

@KiLLaMaN: The exact description of the card is XFX ON-XFX1-GAMC One Gaming Edition. I think thats an good idea, because other programs and also Firefox crash after starting. Google told me that i need 450W for a problem free run. Where can i find this information/performance of my computer?

Some more information to the problem. When i start windows i receive following failure messages:
-Desktopfesnter-Manager wurde beendet da ein Problem festgestellt wurde (English:Desktop Window Manager was terminated because a problem was detected)
-Load MMdriver application funktioniert nicht mehr (English: Load MMdriver application does not work anymore)
-Catalyst Control Center: Host application funktioniert nicht mehr (English: Catalyst Control Center: Host application does not work anymore)

Catalyst is a part of the installed driver software.

(PS: I am using Windows Vista 32bit Home)

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks!

Offline .mo!otow^

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 07:44:27 AM »
It works!

Thanks again for the support.

The solution was not so complicated at the end... I would install now Windows 7. Therefore are some updates necessary - like one Windows Service Packet. And that was the solution!

The easiest ways are sometimes the best one...

Best regards,
mo!otow

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager