Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Post Your Hardware!  (Read 131476 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Post Your Hardware!
« Reply #225 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 13:45:45 PM »
Wahahaha must be scare to play on that screen

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #226 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 15:54:08 PM »
thought you were going to post a pic of the monitor it self :D
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

« Reply #227 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 16:07:42 PM »
thought you were going to post a pic of the monitor it self :D
I will when I get home tonight.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 16:45:48 PM »
I will when I get home tonight.

bout time u got away with that 14" u where using, lol 

4ms too slow for me

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #229 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 16:59:33 PM »
4ms too slow for me

I highly doubt you'd notice it. They're more marketing tools anyway, there is no hardware testing standard for contrast ratios, latency or any of that. They say 2ms GTG, that's grey to grey which doesn't mean much. Independant reviews where people use tools to actually measure response times, ghosting, color accuracy and more mean a whole helluva lot more than what the manufacturer states.

Not to mention features like IPS panels, 120hz and up, anti-flicker, glossy screens and more are other things people often ignore.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #230 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 17:21:25 PM »
Is that eclipse?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 17:48:15 PM »
I highly doubt you'd notice it. They're more marketing tools anyway, there is no hardware testing standard for contrast ratios, latency or any of that. They say 2ms GTG, that's grey to grey which doesn't mean much. Independant reviews where people use tools to actually measure response times, ghosting, color accuracy and more mean a whole helluva lot more than what the manufacturer states.

Not to mention features like IPS panels, 120hz and up, anti-flicker, glossy screens and more are other things people often ignore.

IPS instead of TN panels, 120hz refresh rate and anti-flicker, i like that. But glossy screens? Depends on the use, i personally prefer matte screens. Working on a glossy screen with sun or lights coming right on it can be really annoying.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 19:33:16 PM »
Spank I was just fucking around.  It's a good monitor

Offline Alex

« Reply #233 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 22:29:32 PM »

Is that eclipse?
Yup. I've been working my ass off on a project for my software engineering class that I decided to code in Java instead of C++. I prefer Java over C++ and Eclipse even over the $600 Visual Studio.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 22:54:16 PM »
That's all I noticed.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Alex

« Reply #235 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 23:25:50 PM »
That's all I noticed.

Good luck figuring out what it's for. :)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #236 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 01:11:55 AM »
IPS instead of TN panels, 120hz refresh rate and anti-flicker, i like that. But glossy screens? Depends on the use, i personally prefer matte screens. Working on a glossy screen with sun or lights coming right on it can be really annoying.
The anti-glare feature is a piece of plastic over the top of the screen and it reduces brightness and color quality as a side-effect.

I agree, I don't know that I could go glossy just for the sake of accuracy but it's something to think about.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #237 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 01:39:29 AM »
Killa, there's a guy spying on you behind that screen! I think it's a sith lord or something.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 03:38:20 AM »
The anti-glare feature is a piece of plastic over the top of the screen and it reduces brightness and color quality as a side-effect.

I agree, I don't know that I could go glossy just for the sake of accuracy but it's something to think about.

Color accuracy? I'd still consider the practical side, sun/light can be a bitch.
This just reminded me a funny story about Ion Storm, that was housed at the top floor of a skyscraper in Dallas and the place was pretty much designed for being spectacular and not really practical.

In a fashion similar to other dot com busts, the company spent lavishly on office decor and facilities for employees.[1] The corporate headquarters of Ion Storm were located in Suite 5400,[2] 22,000-square-foot (2,000 m2) of space in a penthouse suite on the 54th floor, the top floor, of the Chase Tower in Downtown Dallas. Ion Storm spent $2 million on the facility

/cut

This location proved somewhat problematic. A notable problem with the office was that the sun shone through the glass rooftop directly into the monitors of the employees, forcing them to cover their cubicles with black fabric.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 17, 2015, 03:41:08 AM by Koden »

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 04:50:22 AM »
I used to use WinRAR and WinZip but switched to 7-Zip and haven't looked back. It's simple and lean and compacts files better than either of the two. Plus you don't have to pay or hassle with pirating.
Maybe you just do not know very well the WinRAR ..? e.g. compression algorithm isn't better in 7zip - no to mention lack of recovery record ... and more.

I highly doubt you'd notice it. ...
Yes, you will ... Difference between 4 and 1 ms can be seen with the naked eye - especially on dynamic image.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 17, 2015, 05:04:30 AM by NoBigDeal »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager