Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Overheating pc  (Read 6113 times)

Offline Ganja

Overheating pc
« on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »
Hello my favourite community,

I was playing AA today, when suddenly my pc became very hot, and started making a lot of noise. So, I'm noob with pc's, I guess my ventillo is fuked up, so what can and should I do?

Thanks for advice

Offline Schmirak

Re: Overheating pc
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 12:14:19 PM »
There are many possible things that can cause the problems you described. The most common things that are responsible are dirty cooling fans. In time a cooling fan collects a lot of dust, preventing the air to flow to your CPU or GPU. If there is enough dust trapped in your system it may even block the fans and than they will produce a lot of noise. The best thing to do is disconnect your system from electricity to make sure you don't fry yourself. Than open the case and very carefully remove the dust with a soft brush, or blow it away, making the fans as clean as possible. What ever you do: don't remove any fan if you don't know what you are doing. Take a great care to not brushing the dust in any other parts like the motherboard. The risk of destroying your system is great. Succes.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
Sounds like a suicide mission  :?

Offline Schmirak

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 12:49:14 PM »
No, it isn't. Just be careful, thats all.

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:00:53 PM »
No, you should go fix your fan, do a replacement. Maybe it will be fine now but it will make a more louder noise each time you overheat your pc. My sisters pc had a fan problem and the noise was pff, almost was able to listen to tv...You should go to computer fixer somewhere and clean your fan, i mean replace it. Don't ever overheat pc, dont keep all day, all night. The CPU/GPU needs a rest. Keep your pc at one place, keep cleaning your pc so its not dusky, better to place it where is less dusk and hold it in one place like on the table. When i went to the pc fixer, they told me that the dusk is causing fan to work properly and is jamed.

Advise:

Go to the shop where pc's are fixed nearby you.
And tell that it makes a noise, the problem is that the fan is jamed with the dusk.
Don't hold it and just leave like that, it will cause a louder noise each time you hold your pc for a while and it will cause more problems.
The fan is about £25-30 here in uk so not much.
Clean your pc as well but it has costed me about £100 overall. But its up to you.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:12:57 PM »
an other version:
- open the pc and look while running the system if you can see if one of the fans are not working correct.
if so, do wolfs method
else
do schmirak's way.

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:21:53 PM »
better way to clean dust at home is, insert a screwdriver in the processor fan so it wont spin take a vacuum cleaner and turn it on

Offline zoxee

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:23:18 PM »
when suddenly my pc became very hot

What exctly went very hot ? be more precise pls. Do you have sensors and Gauges that
tell you what is overheating ? Is it the Motherboard, the CPU, the Power Unit or the whole case ?
Maybe it's not the Fan.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:25:23 PM »
I tried cleaning it, didn't really help. The thing is that I think the fans ain't working, and that the noise appears when it starts running, it's such a horrible noise. Imma do what Wolf said then, but how can I be sure it will solve the problem :(

What exctly went very hot ? be more precise pls. Do you have sensors and Gauges that
tell you what is overheating ? Is it the Motherboard, the CPU, the Power Unit or the whole case ?
Maybe it's not the Fan.

Hot like I felt it was supahdupah hot, never had that before, really. I haven't checked any figures that told me the temperature yet ... no idea where to look really, scared to mess it up more
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:29:11 PM by Ganja »

Offline zoxee

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:31:27 PM »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:33:00 PM »
Fan bearing perhaps? Is the fan causing that noise the vga or the cpu one? Either way, you might check if they move freely or have some kind of resistance to them (with the system turned off ofc).

Offline Ganja

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:36:35 PM »
WHAT is hot ?

I have no idea, I just told you I haven't seen any figures, I just know that isn't normal. My entire pc got excited and it started shaking abit ...

Whatever I'm lost, and like I said I'm too scared to do anything, pretty sure it will be worse. I'll just talk about it at the shop I think, thanks guys

Offline zoxee

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:38:26 PM »
it started shaking

now i'm scared myself   :shock:

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:39:03 PM »
but how can I be sure it will solve the problem :(

I'm sure it will. If the fans are not working it is jammed. You can ask to look about your pc, they should tell you whats wrong. You won't see your pc for about couple days unless they do the same day-the same time. You can always ask them to check your laptop what damage its causing but I'm sure its the fans I have experienced that myself. Trust me you don't want to ignore it, it will be loud as fuck if you keep going....

and i would not touch inside pc if you are not the pro, or you have no idea what you doing nor what is really wrong with it. You can damage something else and screw your pc even more. Best advise is go see whats wrong with it to the pc fixer and see how it goes from there, they should tell you the problem.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:41:53 PM by IGC Wolf^ »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:43:14 PM »

now i'm scared myself   :shock:

Dude you didn't even heard the part when it started crying my name ...

I'm sure it will. If the fans are not working it is jammed. You can ask to look about your pc, they should tell you whats wrong. You won't see your pc for about couple days unless they do the same day-the same time. You can always ask them to check your laptop what damage its causing but I'm sure its the fans I have experienced that myself. Trust me you don't want to ignore it, it will be loud as fuck if you keep going....

and i would not touch inside pc if you are not the pro, or you have no idea what you doing nor what is really wrong with it. You can damage something else and screw your pc even more. Best advise is go see whats wrong with it to the pc fixer and see how it goes from there, they should tell you the problem.

Roger that, thx for the tip

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager