Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: NEW BUILDS  (Read 7728 times)

Offline Alex

Re: NEW BUILDS
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 05, 2014, 22:48:47 PM »
Hello,No, four would be extreme. Looking at 2 because of screen size and the possibility of two screens.
vram is what you need for higher resolutions and SLI doesn't give you any more vram. SLI 6gb Titans will only give you 6GBs of vram. You don't add them. Not to mention 6gb of vram is way more than enough for the resolution of the monitor you posted. The second Titan would be wasted 99.9% of the time. One will max out anything under the sun at your monitor's resolution. If you feel comfortable with 2 though, then have at it. I look at it this way, if you buys one Titan and it's not enough, you can always buy another one. Whereas if one titan is enough, you just saved a ton of money.

If you don't want external audio solutions I've heard a lot of people recommend the ASUS Xonar soundcards over Creative. That might be something worth looking into.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 05, 2014, 22:54:02 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 05, 2014, 23:05:58 PM »
2 titans is basically just throwing money out the window since you wont even need to use a second one. I mean I understand you have a lot of money but 2 titans is not useful at all.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 00:08:43 AM »
Hello,

The 2 screen option would require 2 Titans one for each screen, as they would be running a virtual desktop between them. This would be my hope anyway, not sure if they can be configured that way at the moment. The two monitor option would be the 21:9 and a 16:9.

The other thing about twin Titans is that today it is overkill, but next week it will be needed . . . . well a couple of years. If you don't buy them together it is bloody hard to buy one later that would be a perfect match.

Steve

Offline Alex

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 00:27:29 AM »
Hello,

The 2 screen option would require 2 Titans one for each screen, as they would be running a virtual desktop between them. This would be my hope anyway, not sure if they can be configured that way at the moment. The two monitor option would be the 21:9 and a 16:9.

The other thing about twin Titans is that today it is overkill, but next week it will be needed . . . . well a couple of years. If you don't buy them together it is bloody hard to buy one later that would be a perfect match.

Steve

Didn't realize you planned to run another monitor alongside the 21:9 one. Doesn't change my opinion though. The Titan is more than capable of running two screen. I'm assuming you're not going to be gaming with both screens so 1 Titan should suffice.

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 02:40:09 AM »
Hello,

Steve

Well another thing to keep in mind is that the titan is a waste of money in comparison to the 780 ti. A 780ti out performs a titan and is cheaper. If you must SLI (which i would never recommend) i would go with 2 780ti's

Offline Alex

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 03:16:04 AM »
Well another thing to keep in mind is that the titan is a waste of money in comparison to the 780 ti. A 780ti out performs a titan and is cheaper. If you must SLI (which i would never recommend) i would go with 2 780ti's
You're wrong. A Titan Black is pretty much the exact same gaming performance as the 780 Ti. However, it benefits from the much larger 6gb of vram (double the 780 Ti), which is good for the very high res monitor he's getting and even better if he wants to use 2 monitors.

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 12:42:41 PM »
You're wrong. A Titan Black is pretty much the exact same gaming performance as the 780 Ti. However, it benefits from the much larger 6gb of vram (double the 780 Ti), which is good for the very high res monitor he's getting and even better if he wants to use 2 monitors.
It also costs $300 more for the same performance. And his monitors are still 1080, its not like hes going 1440 or something. So if he is running 2 780ti's he should have no problem at all plus saving around $600.

Offline caelum

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 13:36:00 PM »
I would need a new processor i have two different in mind.  AMD FX-8320 8-CORE 3.5G 16M AM3+ 125W BLACK EDITION or INTEL Core i7-4770K 3,5 GHz LGA1150 which one is better? Usage would be gaming (cs:go, bf4, cod bo2, aao, insurgency and some new games) and Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro etc.

Offline Alex

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 13:57:56 PM »
I would need a new processor i have two different in mind.  AMD FX-8320 8-CORE 3.5G 16M AM3+ 125W BLACK EDITION or INTEL Core i7-4770K 3,5 GHz LGA1150 which one is better? Usage would be gaming (cs:go, bf4, cod bo2, aao, insurgency and some new games) and Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro etc.
The Intel i7 4770K blows the AMD CPU out of the water. However, it's almost $200 more than the AMD FX 8320. ALso, if you're looking at getting an AMD CPU, the 8350 should be your choice, not the 8320. Regardless, the 4770K is easily better than both, although is costs as good amount more. If you're looking for a cheaper Intel CPU (4770K runs for about $340 USD) I'd look at the Intel i5 4670K. The i5 4670K is still better than any AMD CPU and costs only $240, $40 above the 8350.

It also costs $300 more for the same performance. And his monitors are still 1080, its not like hes going 1440 or something. So if he is running 2 780ti's he should have no problem at all plus saving around $600.
While the vertical pixel rate is 1080 on that monitor, it's a super widescreen monitor, so a much higher resolution horizontally. More vram would also help out with multiple monitors. Not to mention vram usage in games goes up allt he time and 6gb of it means the GPU is safe to max things out for quite a while.

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 06, 2014, 14:31:43 PM »
The Intel i7 4770K blows the AMD CPU out of the water. However, it's almost $200 more than the AMD FX 8320. ALso, if you're looking at getting an AMD CPU, the 8350 should be your choice, not the 8320. Regardless, the 4770K is easily better than both, although is costs as good amount more. If you're looking for a cheaper Intel CPU (4770K runs for about $340 USD) I'd look at the Intel i5 4670K. The i5 4670K is still better than any AMD CPU and costs only $240, $40 above the 8350.
While the vertical pixel rate is 1080 on that monitor, it's a super widescreen monitor, so a much higher resolution horizontally. More vram would also help out with multiple monitors. Not to mention vram usage in games goes up allt he time and 6gb of it means the GPU is safe to max things out for quite a while.
Yes but one 780ti will run at that resolution just fine, then you have the second 780ti that helps if you add a second. I know of people who play at 1440 on one 780ti.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 07, 2014, 04:46:33 AM »
choose intel, only intel. less probs.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 07, 2014, 05:40:41 AM »
Hello,
choose intel, only intel. less probs.
For a CPU that is a no brainer.

Some of the other stuff is quite simple, matching the memory will be hard because of voltages.

Steve

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager