Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Info for S/T  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Info for S/T
« on: Monday, August 30, 2010, 18:39:39 PM »
Recently my A1 has been acting up with channels as well. I've noticed my left channel sometimes doesn't work when I first turn the unit on. I didn't mention this since it was a one time occurrence and it still worked but was very low volume. Today it happened again and through a completely random happening, I found out it's the headphone jack. I inserted the plug twice and it's fixed. I knew Ryan shouldn't have used that method, especially using the same jacks that had a problem the first time around.

I just wanted to post this in case I forgot or missed you on AIM or something.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

S/T

Re: Info for S/T
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 03, 2010, 14:16:10 PM »
More info for you:

Recently I told you I swapped out power cables and found I now had some extra noise, remember? Well when I was testing the SS outs on the D1 I actually found that its not the A1's fault at all! Its the D1. So somehow, when I swapped power cables on the A1, I ended up actually receiving this hum/static that I *didn't* hear before *from* the D1. When I didn't have the A1's RCA's plugged in, it was totally silent, more silent than it was with the stock power cord! My findings with the SS out was that it was a little crisper, but suffered from the "D1" sound - you know what I mean, it also didn't have the kick or the soundstage of the WE's output. I also found out that my D1 now vibrates a little too, I have no idea what to do about that, either I didn't notice it before or its a new issue - perhaps thats the cause of some of this? s/t.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Info for S/T
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 03, 2010, 14:26:36 PM »
Yea, I think our D1's aren't SUPER good. They're all-in-ones and I don't think it does the A1 justice. By vibrates, do you mean your case wobbles? I have some foam tape I stuck under a foot and it's level and solid now. The A1 is a really nice dedicated amp, I really hope Ryan does as good with a dedicated DAC. I also hope that the newer D1's don't have as much noise and weirdness.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager