Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Hp laptop  (Read 8769 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Hp laptop
« on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 13:15:01 PM »
Don't know shit bout laptops, but got a Hp 17-G103dx, takes forever to boot up, wanna see if there's a way to get it to boot up faster!!!

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Hp laptop
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 14:00:06 PM »
I bet the factory windows install comes with plenty of bloatware from HP or such. Either clean up the bloatware that isn't truly needed or format and install anew. Hardware wise, its not a beast but it should work fine for aa2. Maybe you might even be able to play aapg on it.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 14:59:56 PM »
thx alot koden , it works fine for aa2, was thinking about installing aapg as well on it,

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 21:17:41 PM »
It's because solid state drives aren't mainstream yet and manufacturers put the shittiest hard drives they can in computers. They always advertise size but never speed. Most laptop drives I see are 5400 RPM drives that suck so hard.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 21:34:34 PM »
Yea I've never seen a dam laptop take 2 minutes to.load up, going to look into what koden said ,

Side note: would I be able to put my Samsung pro 840 ssd drive into the laptop ??? Or they totally different for laptops? ?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 27, 2015, 21:36:42 PM »
Yeppers. Computers these days are pretty interchangeable. SSDs are 2.5" and so are laptop drives. The tricky part is cloning your HP drive onto the SSD. I like using a USB 3.0 to SATA cable and the Samsung software to clone.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 02:43:17 AM »
Yeppers. Computers these days are pretty interchangeable. SSDs are 2.5" and so are laptop drives. The tricky part is cloning your HP drive onto the SSD. I like using a USB 3.0 to SATA cable and the Samsung software to clone.

Yea laptops isn't like desktop, I bought a stuipd adapter today trying to excess my ssd drive from laptop USB port, changed in bios of laptop to boot to usb, but fucking thing isn't booting in usb mode,
I give up I'll just keep playing on noob acct until I get my mb back

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 03:09:59 AM »
It won't work like that with differences in the BIOS. The laptop has a secure boot setting and the extra UEFI stuff makes it a pain. Plus, you wouldn't want to use the drive through USB, it would be a pain.

When I mentioned the adapter, I meant that you would use it to copy the data off of the HP laptop, onto the SSD (wiping the SSD in the process). Then you would open the HP up and replace the internal hard drive with your SSD. It would work great then, no hassle with installing Windows or drivers. You'd have to backup what's on your SSD though.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 06:23:48 AM »
It won't work like that with differences in the BIOS. The laptop has a secure boot setting and the extra UEFI stuff makes it a pain. Plus, you wouldn't want to use the drive through USB, it would be a pain.

When I mentioned the adapter, I meant that you would use it to copy the data off of the HP laptop, onto the SSD (wiping the SSD in the process). Then you would open the HP up and replace the internal hard drive with your SSD. It would work great then, no hassle with installing Windows or drivers. You'd have to backup what's on your SSD though.

I can confirm this since Spanky helped me do it and now I've done it twice already. Easy as hell !

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 28, 2015, 14:04:27 PM »
Thx a lot for the intel, I'll give it a try again

Thank you

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager