ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: fans  (Read 8231 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
fans
« on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 20:58:40 PM »
is anyone in need of computer case fans

i have 8 them, 3 months old, way too loud for me, sounds like a jet in my computer room ,

Delta Electronics FFB1212EH-F00 120x120x25mm Cooling Fan, 4000 RPM, 150.33 CFM, 56.4 dBA, 3-pin TAC connector

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YEFEUE/ref=asc_df_B004YEFEUE2776122?smid=A9WD26COETCRX&tag=dealtmp663427-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B004YEFEUE

a different promblem i'm having, maybe be a stupid question, i recently took apart my computer, cleaned all spic and span

promblem i'm having when i took apart my
Corsair Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler,  i got a minor leaking coming out, my question instead of replacing this unit, would epoxy putty work on this minor leak??  this epoxy gets hard as a rock once applied wont ever come off,

the leak is where the hose connects to the radiator

just wanted some input on it

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Series-Extreme-Performance-CWCH100/dp/B0051U7HMS

Offline M_TopSecret

• Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson
    • View Profile
    • |M|@fioso Clan
  • AA: |M|TopSecret
Re: fans
« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:02:46 PM »
Where is is leaking from? What kind of material is it?

If it's metal, like steel or aluminum, maybe some JB weld might help. Or I'm sure some type of epoxy would do the job, you just need to look into what it's used for and the material at hand.
Never fly the 'A' model of anything. — Ed Thompson

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 21:22:46 PM »
Where is is leaking from? What kind of material is it?

If it's metal, like steel or aluminum, maybe some JB weld might help. Or I'm sure some type of epoxy would do the job, you just need to look into what it's used for and the material at hand.

a drip or 2, nothing serious, then again i didnt leave it running soon as i seen a drip, i shut it down

drip is from top hose where connects to raditor

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 23:25:44 PM »
some JB weld might help
x2 I've used it on carburetors, specifically dodgy inlets. Works a treat.

Not to flame though but this is why those liquid CPU coolers are not that great. Sealed systems which you cannot pick quality of parts or maintain/fix, it's not that great. You pay many times more than a nice heatsink for marginally better cooling and effectively the same amount of noise. The only advantage is less stress on the motherboard which is arguable.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 18, 2013, 23:47:31 PM »
I probably will end up replacing it, any suggestions on something good and efficient, I don't care about the cost,
intel i950 processor with a asus rampage 3 extreme I

Any suggestions would be cool

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 00:03:20 AM »
I recently switched to using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo in custom builds and am very pleased with the price to performance. Sure, a closed-loop liquid solution will likely perform better but not near enough to justify the cost IMO.

The bigger question, do you overclock? If yes, I would still suggest a heatsink but a premium one, maybe $50-$70. I'm not sure what the high end heatsinks are right now. I have a tried and tested TRUE and it does all I need, even overclocking. I can't get crazy high voltages but at the same time, it forces you to use voltages that won't kill your chip.

If you don't overclock or have a slight overclock, grab the Evo and spend the $$ elsewhere.

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 01:18:51 AM »
I recently switched to using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo in custom builds and am very pleased with the price to performance. Sure, a closed-loop liquid solution will likely perform better but not near enough to justify the cost IMO.

The bigger question, do you overclock? If yes, I would still suggest a heatsink but a premium one, maybe $50-$70. I'm not sure what the high end heatsinks are right now. I have a tried and tested TRUE and it does all I need, even overclocking. I can't get crazy high voltages but at the same time, it forces you to use voltages that won't kill your chip.

If you don't overclock or have a slight overclock, grab the Evo and spend the $$ elsewhere.
I am currently using a CM Hyper 212+ (pretty much the step down from the EVO) and it works like a champ with a small overclock.

I never got the hype of liquid CPU cooling. Unless you're doing some serious overclocking,  it's not needed and is just added hassle.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 01:30:45 AM »
Yea I over clock from 3.3 to 4.5 , so needs to be a good one to keep temp cool

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 01:51:41 AM »
The Evo is about half the cost of Corsair's cheapest closed-loop liquid cooler. Looking up reviews, the Corsair offering is on-par with other high-end heatsinks yet costs more, has more parts, has the same amount of noise and has a spillage potential. Now, to get good liquid cooling, you might have to approach/exceed the $100 mark which, when you're talking $60 or more than the Evo, that money is better spent elsewhere. You can get a better CPU that you don't have to overclock or a GPU or even more storage.

IMO, the only cooling systems that are worth a damn are the fully custom ones that run through your GPU, chipset and CPU and even those are really only good if you do SLI/Crossfire. They're expensive as hell but you can get nice temps with them. They're still not silent though, often requiring 2-3 fans for the radiator in addition to existing case fans for memory and hard drives.

Anyway, if you have a review that shows closed-loop coolers are significantly better and cost-efficient then I'm happy to change my mind and even try one out. My opinion is that you could get yourself a sweet ass heatsink for $50 or under and have no worries.

On another note, I've been down the road of trying to squeeze every pinch of performance out of my CPU & memory. There's definitely benefits to be had, no doubt about it. However, the further you go, the harder it is and the more time it consumes to make sure it's stable and running properly. 3.3 to 4.5 seems like a hell of a leap and while I don't know a ton about modern Intel chips, I would be concerned about the voltage required to get there. A quick overclock to gain 10% out of the box is great but if you're seeking significant gains, I believe it's much better to just spend the cash and get what you need, especially when it can save you costs in advanced cooling setups.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 19:51:50 PM »
Ty for you're well thought out post spanky

ended up buying and installing this 1, reviews not all that bad

CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 280mm
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181035
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 22:36:42 PM by W!ck!d »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 23:26:09 PM »
To each their own :)

Care to send me your old broken one? :P

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 23:40:00 PM »
To each their own :)

Care to send me your old broken one? :P

If u want the old one, I'll give it to you, u pay shipping cost if you're serious
Old one has a hairpin hole on the steam of radiator

Let me know

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 20, 2013, 00:50:52 AM »
If u want the old one, I'll give it to you, u pay shipping cost if you're serious
Old one has a hairpin hole on the steam of radiator

Let me know

You've got a PM.

At least I don't feel guilty since I didn't say "yea man, go buy a new one so you can give me ur old one". :)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 11:57:23 AM »
Fuck I installed it, now my ram is showing 4 out of 24gb , took out 6 times and placed it back same shit, and I did do a memtest so I know my ram is good,

Any suggestions what could be wrong??

O when I tested the ram I did it one by one each slot

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 21, 2013, 15:47:17 PM »
Replied to your PM before I saw this, feel free to reply to my PM here.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager