Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: X-fi settings help !  (Read 17539 times)

Offline Ares

• View Profile
Re: X-fi settings help !
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 17:24:14 PM »
*facepalm* I hate AA players.
im gonna go out on a limb here saying what everyone is thinking. wtf are you admin for then?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 17:29:34 PM »
wtf are you admin for then?
I like being admin :) I like this game too, it's just a pity that the players turn it into shit.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 17:41:15 PM »
If you had read what he's posted in other thread, you'd know the answer to this. He's stated it more than once.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 18:31:03 PM »
If you had read what he's posted in other thread, you'd know the answer to this. He's stated it more than once.
Ya well it isn't the best to have an admin constantly insult all the players of the game based on what a fraction of them do. It's highly unprofessional and pretty ignorant too.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 18:33:13 PM »
Ya well it isn't the best to have an admin constantly insult all the players of the game based on what a fraction of them do. It's highly unprofessional and pretty ignorant too.
Well I don't see him constantly insulting anyone, let alone all the players.

But I guess you could say I'm biased for whatever reason.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 18:39:45 PM »
This isn't a professional environment, I don't get paid to be here. I'm here for the fun of it. I handle myself professionally in professional situations.

I wouldn't say a "fraction" of users tweak and glitch, the Assist logs alone tell otherwise and that's just the people that have gotten kicked for cvar checks, there's plenty more that go undetected. I don't play often but when I do there is at least 1 person in the server that I can tell is messing around whether it's fastswap or hotkey binds to empty clips faster. There's many things that I can't see as well like brightness, detail settings, shadow settings, equalizers.

While I could blame the Unreal engine for being so customizable, ultimately it's the users that choose to mess around with these settings so they can play better. It's sad and it ruins the game.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 18:58:09 PM »
This isn't a professional environment, I don't get paid to be here. I'm here for the fun of it. I handle myself professionally in professional situations.

I wouldn't say a "fraction" of users tweak and glitch, the Assist logs alone tell otherwise and that's just the people that have gotten kicked for cvar checks, there's plenty more that go undetected. I don't play often but when I do there is at least 1 person in the server that I can tell is messing around whether it's fastswap or hotkey binds to empty clips faster. There's many things that I can't see as well like brightness, detail settings, shadow settings, equalizers.

While I could blame the Unreal engine for being so customizable, ultimately it's the users that choose to mess around with these settings so they can play better. It's sad and it ruins the game.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that your opinion is not justified, it's just very annoying to the people the don't tweak and stuff to watch you trash the entire community over and over because of those who do.

Offline world-

• View Profile
  • AA: world-
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 19:42:17 PM »
I played for years and never tweaked my ini's much at all, nothing secret, just the basic memory and sound channels. However if you spend a lot (back in the day obviously) on an xfi or other good sound card I see no reason not to get the best usage out of it for your money. I always changed my eq and other available settings on the software. If people are fine with old onboard (and if u have a newer board then its usually better than the old xfi ) and don't want to pay some cash for something better that's on them, but don't judge a guy for having better stuff or the option to be able to optimize it better.

Offline Alex

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 19:50:04 PM »
I played for years and never tweaked my ini's much at all, nothing secret, just the basic memory and sound channels. However if you spend a lot (back in the day obviously) on an xfi or other good sound card I see no reason not to get the best usage out of it for your money. I always changed my eq and other available settings on the software. If people are fine with old onboard (and if u have a newer board then its usually better than the old xfi ) and don't want to pay some cash for something better that's on them, but don't judge a guy for having better stuff or the option to be able to optimize it better.
There's a difference between buying hardware to have better sound, and abusing the eq system to get crappy sound, but sound that gives you an unfair advantage in AA.

Offline world-

• View Profile
  • AA: world-
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 19:55:41 PM »
There's a difference between buying hardware to have better sound, and abusing the eq system to get crappy sound, but sound that gives you an unfair advantage in AA.

But the difference is anyone that has an eq can do it, you just drop the lows and raise the mids.. Do away with all the bass. Ya it sounds really bad, but I never made mine sound tinny, hurts the ears. The main thing was that it could power your good headphones better and just be "louder" so obviously now your hearing better.

The really bad thing about being able to turn it up louder was the crappy XFI caps. Those random snaps and pops would scare you right out of your chair.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 08:34:29 AM »

wow man, what im saying is, how can you be an admin if you obviously have no knowledge of how the game works, sure you know the coding in and out but you obviously missed out on some essential parts of AA. Let me work things out for you.
Calling fastswap a glitch, bug or whatever you choose calling it is like saying doubletap W = Run is bugising and unfair because you can actually doubletap w and press your designated run button at the same time to get the weapon animation to bug out and not drop down. Fastswap is there, for everyone to use it, it makes you swap things faster, yes. But nothing is stopping you from using it, adapt mate.

Hotkey binds im with you on, but you probably have a totally diffrent understanding on what hotkeys are, and what "advantage" they give a player. Like when you tried removing scroll=fire for singleshot spamming, you added the time between shots in singlefire mode but "forgot" to do the same on burst, hence you obviously created a problem out of a non excisting one. You empty your clip with with scrollfire, and burstmode like 0.5 seconds faster, which don't make a diffrence at all. Someone being shot by scrollfire would still get owned in normal fireing mode.
Brightness and colorcorretion is totally one of the best things to use in this game, the default colors in this game, which are usually in the colorspectra which I don't see since im multi colorblind, gives OTHERS an unfair advantage over me, i take the liberty to "OMGWTF TWEAK" the shit out of my colorcorrection to adjust the contrasts, lineing and rendering, making it even possible for me to see an enemy which is standing infront of a grey wall (north hallway weapons cache is perfect example, opfor colors on that map and the grey walling makes the enemies invicible for me more or less) Tweaking graphics don't make you see any further, same goes for monitor settings. It makes you see things clearer and removes some of the bad pixel rendering on sertain maps.

And finally, the XFI tweaking. This is absolutley rediculous that you honestly belive that it gives me an unfair advantage. It gives me an advantage, but this is in no way or form unfair, has never been and will never be. Me having a lowkey keyboard, meaning the keys don't stick up as far, but more like a laptop kind of keyboard; will make it possible for me to swap directions, lean and press keys faster then if you would have, say a standard lenovo keyboard. Exactly the same thing, it's up to everyone how they want to have their gear set, it ain't unfair, it's adapting and gaining an edge. We shoot eachother in this game, we compete against eachother on every server we join, you or him. If you wanna sit down and sing kumbaya and make everyone join hands, so be it. It don't make it right though. Soundsettings are the perfect example and the only advice I ever give players struggling with the game, get a better soundcard. AA is built on sound, it has molded the gameplay and will continue doing so.

If you are bad at this game, which no pun intended you are, you obviously don't get this. You have the frustration after being shot, instead of adapting you try changing shit so that it's equal for everyone. Games will never be equal.

I like being admin :) I like this game too, it's just a pity that the players turn it into shit.
This being your opinion, and mine being that with that kind of thoughts, you as admin will ruin the game. We will have to agree to disagree, but you being admin sets you in a higher position to actually manage and influince the community. According to your own intrests.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 08:39:25 AM by Ares »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 08:48:57 AM »
Sound does give you an unfair advantage, when you haer weaponclicks all over the map or barely hear smoke-sounds. It's up to everyione to choose how they want their gear set? So people choose to use macros to shoot faster, it's ok. People create hacks to see enemies threw wall it's ok. Only thing that matters is competition.

I think extreme soundtweakers are pathetic, and I know a few, but nothing could ever be done against it.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 09:01:28 AM »
wow man, what im saying is, how can you be an admin if you obviously have no knowledge of how the game works, sure you know the coding in and out but you obviously missed out on some essential parts of AA. Let me work things out for you.
Calling fastswap a glitch, bug or whatever you choose calling it is like saying doubletap W = Run is bugising and unfair because you can actually doubletap w and press your designated run button at the same time to get the weapon animation to bug out and not drop down. Fastswap is there, for everyone to use it, it makes you swap things faster, yes. But nothing is stopping you from using it, adapt mate.
The fact that it's there and everyone can use it does not make it 'not a bug'. It's still a bug. A bug is when something happens in the game that shouldn't. And you shouldn't be able to take out a frag or a flash or change a weapon faster than intended.

Brightness and colorcorretion is totally one of the best things to use in this game, the default colors in this game, which are usually in the colorspectra which I don't see since im multi colorblind, gives OTHERS an unfair advantage over me, i take the liberty to "OMGWTF TWEAK" the shit out of my colorcorrection to adjust the contrasts, lineing and rendering, making it even possible for me to see an enemy which is standing infront of a grey wall (north hallway weapons cache is perfect example, opfor colors on that map and the grey walling makes the enemies invicible for me more or less) Tweaking graphics don't make you see any further, same goes for monitor settings. It makes you see things clearer and removes some of the bad pixel rendering on sertain maps.
Brightness and contrast should be there to make an even playing field for people with different monitors, not make enemies stand out like road workers with orange vests (which is what some of the cheats do I guess), which seems to be your aim.
You say you're colorblind, which gives you a disadvantage, not someone else an advantage. I'm not trying to diss your illness, but there's no way for an enemy in the game to know you're colorblind, therefor they wouldn't even know how to take advantage of it.

And finally, the XFI tweaking. This is absolutley rediculous that you honestly belive that it gives me an unfair advantage. It gives me an advantage, but this is in no way or form unfair, has never been and will never be. Me having a lowkey keyboard, meaning the keys don't stick up as far, but more like a laptop kind of keyboard; will make it possible for me to swap directions, lean and press keys faster then if you would have, say a standard lenovo keyboard. Exactly the same thing, it's up to everyone how they want to have their gear set, it ain't unfair, it's adapting and gaining an edge. We shoot eachother in this game, we compete against eachother on every server we join, you or him. If you wanna sit down and sing kumbaya and make everyone join hands, so be it. It don't make it right though. Soundsettings are the perfect example and the only advice I ever give players struggling with the game, get a better soundcard. AA is built on sound, it has molded the gameplay and will continue doing so.
I know sound is an important part in this game. But again, just because you can use your soundcard's software to manipulate the game in such a way that you can hear people walking on the other side of town, doesn't mean it was meant to be like this.
Don't get me wrong, I've had an X-Fi card myself and was able to hear vastly more than I can now with my onboard sound on my laptop, but what's the point really? I've got enough to worry about in my real life not to take this game serious enough to be able to bother with stuff like that anymore.
In any case, you can modify your sound with all the drivers and stuff and to my knowledge noone will ban you for this, but it still doesn't mean that it was meant for you to hear everything in a said map.
I've given this example before as well, but when was the last time you sat at home and listened to your neighbor open a door and the climb to his attic when your neighbor lives across the street? It's not meant to be like that in the game either.

Just my 0.02.

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 10:19:28 AM »
Third party graphics tweaks didn't make you see further but a hell of alot better. This was a gray area because everyone has access to them but not many ppl outside of the ppl who played competition used them. I have a copy of the old ones from unr for nvidia 180 drivers, which iam sure they got off another team. They are pretty much obsolete now but iam sure with a bit of messing around they could become viable unless ofc you run the 180 driver. I use ati now and i dont use any of ati's 3rd party gamma correction etc. It can be argued that anything outside of the game settings would be seen by the admins and to an extent the players of the game as a no no.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 10:38:43 AM by -[unR]BENDAWICH »

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 13:03:22 PM »

Hotkey binds im with you on, but you probably have a totally diffrent understanding on what hotkeys are, and what "advantage" they give a player. Like when you tried removing scroll=fire for singleshot spamming, you added the time between shots in singlefire mode but "forgot" to do the same on burst, hence you obviously created a problem out of a non excisting one. You empty your clip with with scrollfire, and burstmode like 0.5 seconds faster, which don't make a diffrence at all. Someone being shot by scrollfire would still get owned in normal fireing mode.

If you are bad at this game, which no pun intended you are, you obviously don't get this. You have the frustration after being shot, instead of adapting you try changing shit so that it's equal for everyone. Games will never be equal.
This being your opinion, and mine being that with that kind of thoughts, you as admin will ruin the game. We will have to agree to disagree, but you being admin sets you in a higher position to actually manage and influince the community. According to your own intrests.
Lol tweaking graphics settings doesnt make you see any farther? You obviously have never used them on a map like river basin, the difference is like night and day man.

I also like that you are saying struggling players should get a better soundcard, it is basically telling the "hey, waste money to hear unrealistically in this game".
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 16, 2014, 13:05:04 PM by -NicK.! »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager