Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Would you leave the game if moded servers wouldn't be tracked?

Yes
1618 (63.4%)
NO
331 (13%)
I don't know
582 (22.8%)
They piss me off and I don't play them
20 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: Friday, March 08, 2013, 03:07:46 AM

Author Topic: Would you leave the game if moded servers wouldn't be tracked?  (Read 5217 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Would you leave the game if moded servers wouldn't be tracked?
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 06:01:46 AM »
Also, without the tracking system there would really be no way of telling who's who. I mean if you can't look at a player's previous names you can't know if he's a friend of yours or just someone who's pretending to be someone else.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 06:18:13 AM »
Eliminate the mods and it will be all. Just check the pool.

27-5 for no mods. 84%.

Offline Shibby

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 07:58:58 AM »
27-5 for no mods. 84%.
I voted for "They piss me off and I don't play them", but it doesn't mean that I want to eliminate mods.
If someone want to play on moded servers it's his choise. I do not have to play with him on the same server.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 09:30:44 AM »
jesus, no other work to do?
close that crap now!

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 21:54:13 PM »
Spanky ask me to prove that he is moron

I don't recall asking that... Weird.

Back on topic, there's a fault in your logic with creating this poll. The problem is, the majority of whores don't come here until they feel something is wrong. Look around and read some threads. The SF Hospital thread is a good example. We talked about making changes for quite a while, asked for input and people to test, hardly got any replies. Once the change was implemented, people started registering and coming here to rage about it. Of course the regular visitors of this forum ignore modded servers and enjoy the game. It's those people that only come here to bitch and complain that you have to ask.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Re: [Tutorial]Add Weapon Pick To Your Home Server.
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 21:57:43 PM »
According to Petrol, most all players ignore modded servers. Why do people keep running them and starting threads about mods then... Weird.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:27:42 PM »
I don't recall asking that... Weird.

Back on topic, there's a fault in your logic with creating this poll. The problem is, the majority of whores don't come here until they feel something is wrong. Look around and read some threads. The SF Hospital thread is a good example. We talked about making changes for quite a while, asked for input and people to test, hardly got any replies. Once the change was implemented, people started registering and coming here to rage about it. Of course the regular visitors of this forum ignore modded servers and enjoy the game. It's those people that only come here to bitch and complain that you have to ask.

lol if ur talkn about me i never seen a posted about those changes,anyways what ever, 2 many kick happy noobs now  a days

Offline Alex

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:57:56 PM »
If you stopped tracking modded servers 99% of the players wouldn't even notice.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 00:25:03 AM »
If you stopped tracking modded servers 99% of the players wouldn't even notice.

+1

Let's be objective :

Most peeps will always play this game, whatever gun they are allowed to carry around.
The no-mod servers already offer Assault rifles (shoot), AR'S (spam), M203s (blow) and
sniper rifles (long range), so practically everything you need in any given situation.

The only things that mods bring are silencers (they loud anyways), thermites (useless)
and anti tank devices (ain't seen no tank passing on urban yet :D).

There is one positive thing that modded servers bring tho : scopes.

- First it gives the ability for beginners and noobs to rape advanced players from a distance,
which is always funny to watch especially when they start bitching about it in-chat :D

- Second, it "neutralizes" the need for some to use cheats, as the main purpose af aimbots
is to offer the ability to use a scopes on normal guns (apart of autoaim of course, far too obvious).
Once everyone gets scopes legally, cheats will become uninteresting. I mean you can run around with an SF
and never use the scope if you wann "feel" pro. But at least weird long distance kills will always be explainable.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Petrol

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 02:58:01 AM »
Make the servers untracked or something, it will be gone very soon then. -- [Majestic]tidididi
98% of the players would leave then. -- Spanky
Spanky, yours mathematic skills scares me. -- Petrol
Feel free to prove me wrong. -- Spanky

According to my statistic skills we can treat those thirty players who voted as representative group.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 04:23:12 AM »
Yea, I'm inside the group. I took away one brick from the modded servers castle. Will it collapse? I'd like to help it.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [Tutorial]Add Weapon Pick To Your Home Server.
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 06:16:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure most people who only play on modded servers don't have forum accounts (or don't use them). They don't have a problem.
It's only the people who have a problem with it that come here and post about it.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 06:30:57 AM »
According to my statistic skills we can treat those thirty players who voted as representative group.
In order for statistics to "work" you need have a random selection of participants.
Forum users aren't really random from the whole game. Forum users are (mostly) the ones who want to change something or give their opinion on stuff related to the game.

I might be wrong of course, but I really don't think people who are fine with whatever is happening and don't have anything to complain about just come on the forums to chill.

Offline Petrol

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 07:29:19 AM »
grizzly be quiet, you are ruining my theory

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, March 03, 2013, 07:58:32 AM »
grizzly be quiet, you are ruining my theory
Sorry. I'm not saying your conclusion is incorrect. I'm not even saying it would be incorrect given a "correct" sample group, I'm just saying we can't rely on only those votes we have right now.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager