Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Won't download  (Read 2555 times)

Offline f16cdude

• View Profile
Won't download
« on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 11:00:24 AM »
Hello,
after playing hundreds of hours in AA 3, I decided to give 25 assist a try, since AA3 was so buggy. So I downloaded assist and immediately began downloading 25. All went well until I hit step 8, the sounds. It will download everything, but when it tries to decompress, I get a big, angry "Installation Failed at Step 8, PLease check your internet connection then click DOWNLOAD to resume the Download" (yes, the please had the p and the l capitalized). I am certain that I have internet connection, so that is not the problem. I have tried it at least 10 times. Anyone have any idea what's the problem here?

Offline f16cdude

• View Profile
Re: Won't download
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 11:08:30 AM »
-UPDATE-
I tried deleting the 25assist folder from appdata to start over, but now it won't even get past step 1's extraction.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 11:15:55 AM »
Hello,
after playing hundreds of hours in AA 3, I decided to give 25 assist a try, since AA3 was so buggy. So I downloaded assist and immediately began downloading 25. All went well until I hit step 8, the sounds. It will download everything, but when it tries to decompress, I get a big, angry "Installation Failed at Step 8, PLease check your internet connection then click DOWNLOAD to resume the Download" (yes, the please had the p and the l capitalized). I am certain that I have internet connection, so that is not the problem. I have tried it at least 10 times. Anyone have any idea what's the problem here?

I tested to download again, and got the same problem as you, was going extremly slow, then I got the same error message as you.

I did this to solve the problem:
Hit the Download button for Americas Army System inside Assist, it asked me if I would resume, and I did.
Download finished at full speed.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 11:17:37 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the problme, but:
Assist automatically downloads AA to this location: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\25Assist\ (on Win7) and it gives an error that might have been similar to that of yours (don't remember for sure) if there's not enough disc space on the C: drive.

If this is the case, then
QUESTION: Can I change the location where assist stores the game and data files?

ANSWER: Yes, If you want assist to store its data somewhere else create a folder called '25Assist' in the same place as your 25Assist.exe (and 25Assist Libs) and it will see and use that folder instead of its usual one. You can also MOVE your exising 25Assist from the location mentioned above the the new location.
So just move the 25assist.exe to some other drive that has sufficient space and follow the instructions.

Again, not sure if this is the exact problem you're facing, but I had this kind of a problem at first.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline f16cdude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 15:28:54 PM »
I tried installing to Program Files (x86) AND Program Files, but it still doesn't work. I tried extracting the sound.7z manually with 7zip, but it displays "Cannot open C:\Program Files\25Assist\sounds.7z as an archive"
Could it be that the file is corrupted?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 08, 2012, 13:35:03 PM »
did you tryed this location to download?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aa25assist/files/Binaries/25Assist.zip/download
try it and put the unzipped 2 files in a folder you like. then run it and go download in aa25assist. start it and it will work.
cya

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager