Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Windows8  (Read 5974 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Windows8
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 11:07:11 AM »
But Jonny aren't the lack of drivers updates the main issue? Haven't tried for a while but i remember having Ati drivers not being updated, same with Creative audio, etc.
I had an ati graphics card that never got an official linux driver card, for as long as I used it at least.

But I haven't used linux in some time now either.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 19:50:20 PM »
also, onboard drivers may not support (3d) OpenGL acceleration, I have an SIS onboard video and* there was no 3d driver for my model, I'm currently using an ati card but Ive deleted Ubunto b4 I got this new card :/ (lack of HD space xD)
« Last Edit: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 21:35:23 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 20:43:52 PM »
I had an ati graphics card that never got an official linux driver card, for as long as I used it at least.

But I haven't used linux in some time now either.

ATi got bought out a few years ago. A lot of companies are now introducing Linux drivers, Nvidia being one of them. I think Linux has a lot of potential, as does OpenAL, OpenGL and the like. However, DirectX is the norm and there's a fair bit of catching up, showcasing and pushing to do before OpenGL can overtake it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, November 03, 2012, 21:07:16 PM »
ATi got bought out a few years ago. A lot of companies are now introducing Linux drivers, Nvidia being one of them. I think Linux has a lot of potential, as does OpenAL, OpenGL and the like. However, DirectX is the norm and there's a fair bit of catching up, showcasing and pushing to do before OpenGL can overtake it.
I doubt openGL will ever over take DirectX. Microsoft gives too much support for devs to abandon it.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, November 08, 2012, 13:30:48 PM »
yes, i could install all needed drivers with virtualbox extended pack, but then punkbuster was going crazy with "unknow os"
so i will make double boot.
btw: but if this could be fixed - maybe - please tell it to all of us.
thank you
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 09:09:49 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager