Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Why Chat will make Assist Better!  (Read 2840 times)

Offline -{BOTs}-BOSS

• View Profile
Why Chat will make Assist Better!
« on: Thursday, February 02, 2012, 23:14:04 PM »
I know that Assist Already had a chat but was took out cause of spam...

But! the reason i think it should be put back with a few tweaks is for Growth of the 2.5 Community.

what i think it will do adding it back.

Clans! Recruitment
Scrims! vs teams
Live Support by other members for newbies that need help with Assist
as well to gather Intel from players as they talk about Assist & 2.5
News & Update Notification live.. to all players in Lobby

Few ways to control spam is to place a chat block/ban when caught.. for flooding after 4 of the same lines under a min.

Just a Thought.
HOORAH!

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Why Chat will make Assist Better!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 02, 2012, 23:25:14 PM »
I think there should be a news item in Assist that pulls news from a forum post on here. There should also be a forum button where people can click on it and they're sent here. That would eliminate up-keep on a chat inside Assist.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline -{BOTs}-BOSS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 02, 2012, 23:31:12 PM »
live chat where fights, boasting, Rants among players can happen will keep it fresh everyday...

just IMO

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 03, 2012, 01:49:32 AM »
Sounds like a nice idea, but I don't see it as a necessary thing in Assist, even less if there's been problems with spamming before. If someone can use Assist, he sure can use a browser and head here or to Battletracker to ask help or to a clan site to discuss about possible scrims. Important news and updates would be a good ad.

For live support you can always arrange a irc channel or something like that if forums ain't enough.
- Getting old, cold and slow -

Offline -{BOTs}-BOSS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 03, 2012, 02:09:46 AM »
i See your Point guys but i'm going off experiences with other Game Service's that had at Server launch it's chat systems.. to get a match going on the fly was very easy... not running around forums and other clan sites to do it...

i mean sure the last try had its spam problem but i think that it can be fixed by offering a nice ban for 30 mins or loss of honor Points for repeat offenders =)

But a true "Game Service" always has it's chat System and from the look's of it.. 25Assist is a very good "Game Service". With or with out the chat System but having one is a +

IMO

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 03, 2012, 02:15:38 AM »
to get a match going on the fly was very easy... not running around forums and other clan sites to do it...

Joining a server with people in it would do the same thing.

Offline -{BOTs}-BOSS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 03, 2012, 02:20:31 AM »
Or you could have asked a clan waiting in the lobby/chat hey you want to scrim? and that clan member that is in lobby lets a shout in TS YO!!!!!!!! i Got a scrim get out the games your in...

=)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 03, 2012, 02:23:04 AM »
In that scenario, you could hop on their TS or you could challenge them in the league. Using Assist as a chat program means it's one more program people have to have open aside from Ventrillo, TeamSpeak, AIM, MSN, YIM, X-Fire, Steam, etc...

Offline -{BOTs}-BOSS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 03, 2012, 02:32:26 AM »
might there be other issue your not telling me? was the chat server you guys using not good enuff for the job? what was being used to display the chat?

IRC, FLASH CHAT, JAVA>?

The best Choice would be IRC with IRC you can have MODS watching the chat system. and also creating scripts to auto ban players if they get out of hand.

Just wondering.

Hopefully its not a shout box like Skrewup keeps saying.. shout boxes = fail. not real time.

Jared

« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 03, 2012, 10:05:46 AM »
I wonder instead of chat, if it would be better to host a ventrilo server and have a vent-viewer in assist so that people could just hop on something that would be easier to control and not need a bunch of programing?

If not, then instead of a public chat, why not make a chat system that you can only talk to people you put in your buddies list.

Offline urban-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 04, 2012, 04:04:11 AM »
I wonder instead of chat, if it would be better to host a ventrilo server and have a vent-viewer in assist so that people could just hop on something that would be easier to control and not need a bunch of programing?

If not, then instead of a public chat, why not make a chat system that you can only talk to people you put in your buddies list.

this, but hows about automatic creation of channels for each running server, ie: someone starts a gameserver using assist, it auto adds a channel to the vent/ts?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager