Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Whitelist error #9008  (Read 2023 times)

Offline wilkes420

• View Profile
Whitelist error #9008
« on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 18:17:24 PM »
I keep getting booted right at pb authentication (i get authenticated and everything goes smooth, then it goes bam! Whitelist error) From what im reading its from people putting 2.8 files into 2.5 assist, or that they hack. I've done neither. It used to run perfect for me before this issue too. Is there a file i can delete, or some kind of fix? (I have reinstalled from scratch, repaired aa and repaired pb, no fix yet) (my account is the same as the account for here - wilkes420)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Whitelist error #9008
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 18:48:42 PM »
It's a 2.8.5 install file that isn't supposed to be in a 2.5 install, and that's why the Assist recognized it.

You say you haven't been trying to mix the 2 game versions, but actually the most obvious way you can have to get that file on your pc is a 2.8.5 install. I wonder you might have repaired AA 2.5 from a folder that contained 2.8.5 aswell, therefore copying 2.8.5 assets aswell (as far as i'm aware, the Assist doesn't detect the files to copy).

If you happened to do so, re-install AA 2.5 into a folder different from the default one, naming it in a different way, and then proceed to repair the assist with that clean install.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 18:56:10 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 19:27:43 PM »
4 on 1 HD, 2 on another for me, 6 total :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jonnym

« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 02:19:16 AM »
settings - complete re-install.
unless someone wants to produce a complete list of valid files so you can so through deleteing ones that should not be there.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 12:38:20 PM »
if I can have 3 installs on 1 hdd without mixing them up why cant other people :(

They might not be up to the task because probably most people can't figure out that installing AA in the default folder means having a mixed AA folder if you installed it before. Actually it's the installer fault, because AA devs should have figured out aswell that this could have been an issue (or either they didn't cared at all).

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
  • AA: guily6669
« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 02, 2012, 20:40:00 PM »
The default installation of AA from aa25assist is at:

-> C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\25Assist\armyops (on WindXP, look for the similiar adress on Vista\7).

Just erase the armyops folder on that place, and go into aa25assist and instal AA again...

ps: But how the heck did he mixed 2.8.5 with AA2.5? My AA25Assist already started to download the game from fresh on first opening hummm, pretty strange!
Keep Cool

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager