Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Where do you work, or do you work?  (Read 7440 times)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
Where do you work, or do you work?
« on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 05:06:05 AM »
I am self employed Roofing contractor. I deal with all aspects of my company from pricing organising men job tax vat etc. I do lead work Glass fibre,tin roof, tiled roof, slating, ashpalt flat roofs. I have a SVQ level 7. Which means I am qualified to reach in collage. I dont teach but I do asses dudes going through an aprenticeship. I am also a fully trained Plater/shipwright built oil rig such as Conoco Tension Leg Platform, leg and platform now sitting idle at cromarty firth. BP Magnuus jacket, still working. Elf Elgin Project,  Leg and platform and many more. In my spare time I mixed both in Miniture, made a miniture model of the BP Magnuus, with a house on top. Sold for $2500.00 cheap really she got a bargain.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Where do you work, or do you work?
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 06:07:52 AM »
I work in a scientific research center (Centre for Biorobotics) at my university (Tallinn University of Technology). We make bio mimetic robots. I mostly work on an underwater robot called U-CAT.
I work on the software end. Mostly writing awful code.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #2 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 06:32:08 AM »
Im a User Interface Developer, basically I code Java based web solutions. That's why Im always online :P

Offline SupR3me-

« Reply #3 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 07:31:32 AM »
i sell drugs outside, its legal here so u can make good money haha :D
Noting Personal Just Good Business

I have played with him a lot, I will uninstall the game if he cheats, you'll have my word. SupR3me don't get this as a challenge now :D
To clear this out: Supreme has been reported several times, and he has not been found guilty of using cheats/tricks/advantages in-game. Lets not get through easy hackusations.

Offline Galle

« Reply #4 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 07:48:01 AM »
i sell drugs outside, its legal here so u can make good money haha :D
Next time I hear you speaking to your mom in teamspeaks background I yell "CANNABIS" as loud as I can. Let's see how she likes it  :D
Lasse Kukkonen, is there any better?

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #5 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 07:50:30 AM »
Atm Im studying IT, but I have was shortly self employed in construction and renovation business with one worker, and also I have been a warehouse worker with a bit more responsibilities than normal worker. Also some short term jobs and longer term voluntary work.

Offline SupR3me-

« Reply #6 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 08:46:41 AM »
Next time I hear you speaking to your mom in teamspeaks background I yell "CANNABIS" as loud as I can. Let's see how she likes it  :D

hahaha, for now i wont come to ur ts anymore :D
Noting Personal Just Good Business

I have played with him a lot, I will uninstall the game if he cheats, you'll have my word. SupR3me don't get this as a challenge now :D
To clear this out: Supreme has been reported several times, and he has not been found guilty of using cheats/tricks/advantages in-game. Lets not get through easy hackusations.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 08:55:48 AM »
Atm Im studying IT, but I have was shortly self employed in construction and renovation business with one worker, and also I have been a warehouse worker with a bit more responsibilities than normal worker. Also some short term jobs and longer term voluntary work.

My son just failed his second year at IT, so he had to take it again. He will go on and do the 3rd year. Good money in that after three years. 57 started the class and only 2 went on to the third year. So my son will do the third year with the remaing 4 guys next year. When you do 3 years the companys come to the university to get you for a job.
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #8 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 09:38:21 AM »
Im doing this in a special way, about 4-4,5 years school and some work experience needed for what I will get, but this school takes about 9 months. Requirements to get in were good english skills and much previous experience with computers through either work or hobby. Salary will be alright, if I get only a workplace for which Im overeducated, basic salary is about 2400 euros/month brutto, if I get a workplace which is according to my education, the start salary will be 2800-3200 euros / month brutto. Thats good for me :)

Offline Placid-

• View Profile
  • AA: empty
« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 10:34:45 AM »
I work in local government as a junior legal expert, public law. Graduated last summer. Salary is alright, but could be better. The starters-jobmarked is shit because of the lack of experience we've got, of the bad economy and too much graduates who are flooding it. Luckily i got something

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 11:19:12 AM »
I graduated in communication design back 7 years ago, I used to work for a sort of digital printing company between 2012 and 2014, it was a bit of a mix between a printing service for small&big publishing company needs, like Mondadori, for industrial companies needs like Whirlpool and such (instruction leaflets and such) and a service for anyone who wanted to self-publish 100/200/500 copies of their own crappy version of 50 shades of Grey...ok, maybe its over-exaggerated but that nails the overall quality. In that company I used to work in the pre-print, aswell as printing from to time on some Canon and Xerox machines (they had an Igen4), pretty much small format equipment. In the end I also ended up helping the guys in the binding and finishing line cause by late 2014 nearly 30 of about 50 employees were fired or not working there anymore. By then I left aswell, and switched through a few workplaces, at first a small shop (terrible experience) for one month, then moved back to my town and i worked for 3 months at a small company which had some fantastic large format digital printing equip. Unfortunately it was a temporary thing and by the summer it was over. As of now I'm working as a sort of basic worker in a packaging plant. It is still sort of temporary too, even if I was told there's a chance I can get taught to work on the line as way more than basic worker. I wouldn't mind putting my hands and eyes to understand about the technical bits.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 13:10:10 PM »
I work in local government as a junior legal expert, public law. Graduated last summer. Salary is alright, but could be better. The starters-jobmarked is shit because of the lack of experience we've got, of the bad economy and too much graduates who are flooding it. Luckily i got something
Same problem here about salary, working now as a combination of transport planner, warehouse manager and involved in a few projects. Plus making calculations for new work.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 14:02:39 PM »
I'm a professional E-SPORTS GAMER. I make money winning in various Tournaments.

Not on bridge you dont. Muhuhuhuuhhaaaa

Offline Placid-

• View Profile
  • AA: empty
« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 14:23:45 PM »
Same problem here about salary, working now as a combination of transport planner, warehouse manager and involved in a few projects. Plus making calculations for new work.

Yea, the market is terrible. I've got a dozen of rejected applications. But like i said, happily i got something and i guess this counts for you as well. There are lots of graduates who have to do work way lower than they originally planned to do.

Offline JunK

« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 26, 2016, 15:54:25 PM »
Dutch Army ''Red Berets'' . PFC Working in a mortar squad.

11th Lucht Mobiele Brigade ( Air Mobile Brigade) (13th Infantry bat)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager