Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: when is coming that update?  (Read 4328 times)

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
when is coming that update?
« on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 15:15:45 PM »
?

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: when is coming that update?
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 16:02:28 PM »
Never.

Oh, sorry, which update did you mean?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 16:05:34 PM »
I think he means new ellections

Offline rxcapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 04:26:06 AM »
i thought ive read somewhere that there is coming out some new update which shud resolve some shit like using macros ect.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 08:30:04 AM »
i thought ive read somewhere that there is coming out some new update which shud resolve some shit like using macros ect.
I don't think you can resolve macro usage with a game update.

Then again maybe you can and I'm just stupid.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 09:11:05 AM »
I don't think you can resolve macro usage with a game update.

Then again maybe you can and I'm just stupid.

What if you can't but still you're stupid? :)

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »
 :down:
What if you can't but still you're stupid? :)
I forgot to mention that I'm stupid anyway ;)

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 13:08:02 PM »
haha update? Admins have been saying there is an update coming out for about 2 months now. My guess is it's not going to happen. One of the many reasons why I'm fed up with the AA community right now
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 14:28:06 PM »
The most important is to force servers administrators to use cvars.

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 14:37:30 PM »
haha update? Admins have been saying there is an update coming out for about 2 months now. My guess is it's not going to happen. One of the many reasons why I'm fed up with the AA community right now

You are perfectly right. Those guys are lazy bitches. I'm starting to be fed up with this also.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 14:41:49 PM »
You are perfectly right. Those guys are lazy bitches. I'm starting to be fed up with this also.
I guess I learn something new every day. :)

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 15:10:56 PM »

obviously i know you guys are busy and have lives but as i know it you are the ONLY one who can update assist. If you're too busy why not show someone who has time? You all want to keep this game alive right? Start by updating assist and adding in some new maps and what not. Because I can tell you right now that I'm not the only one who's fed up with whats happening in this game right now...
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 15:42:07 PM »

obviously i know you guys are busy and have lives but as i know it you are the ONLY one who can update assist. If you're too busy why not show someone who has time? You all want to keep this game alive right? Start by updating assist and adding in some new maps and what not. Because I can tell you right now that I'm not the only one who's fed up with whats happening in this game right now...

I will try to respond more seriously now.

On one hand, i can perfectly understand some irritation due to the fact that no updates take place. I'm not going to explain myself, things just are just how they are for the moment, my fault.

But on the other hand, I can't really understand this kind of reasoning: "no updates -> downfall of AA2". In particular, making new maps may be cool. but expecting them to be played on some serious basis is unrealistic. That's exactly what Spanky and others did with mAAp. Great idea, much effort, but unrealistic expectations.

You can complain there are no updates, that's true. But don't tell me, that future of AA2 depends on that.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 15:44:29 PM by pit-23 »

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 17:47:17 PM »
the state of this game would all be the same if this site existed or not. you dont need a community to play this game. I get on and play when i want. simple as that. linking this community that some of you are "fed up with" to this so called "downfall of AA" is the most retarded thing ive ever heard. Yall can put your hearts and souls into making new maps...but that wont attract players. It MIGHT keep some players from leaving, but thats about it. This game is only losing players because it's outdated and there are a lot of other (better) games out there. 

thats how i see it

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 22:00:15 PM »
the state of this game would all be the same if this site existed or not. you dont need a community to play this game. I get on and play when i want. simple as that. linking this community that some of you are "fed up with" to this so called "downfall of AA" is the most retarded thing ive ever heard. Yall can put your hearts and souls into making new maps...but that wont attract players. It MIGHT keep some players from leaving, but thats about it. This game is only losing players because it's outdated and there are a lot of other (better) games out there. 

thats how i see it
agreed 100% with Jason.

we have some coders helping us and 1 to show up in the next days (or weeks).
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager