Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: When did you first start playing?  (Read 6517 times)

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
When did you first start playing?
« on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 05:40:53 AM »
what version of aao did you start playing?

alirght, so i tried aao out in v1.5, but i was dial up, and by dial up, i dont even mean 56k...was like 20-something on a good day, when internet first started reachin people in the country...

anyways, pretty sure i got owned or somethin, and quit playin like first time...lol, so 1.5 doesnt really count

I started actually playing in v1.7, and by this time i had full 56k, i was tearing it up (when grandma didnt need the phone).... been hooked for long time since..eventually got dsl and played twl n cal, best gaming days ever... but after 2.6 i didnt play as much, and eventually quit for like a year or somethin... came back, 3.0 sucked and 2.8.5 was still somewhat aliveand you know the rest...

n here i am today ;D

soup

You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: When did you first start playing?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 06:28:41 AM »
Back in 2006 a friend gave me the install cd and told me "try it out!"
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 06:52:56 AM »
Started about the time the Version went from 2.3 to 2.4, was on dial up until V2.7 came out.  I have played all version's over the years and have most of them downloaded so if anyone ever want's a game old school.

Jared

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »
like soup i first saw it in like 1.x, then i actually started playing in 2.3, and thats where i met nate, so we have known each other for like what 4+ years now lol

Offline Ganja

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 10:09:50 AM »
I play actively since 4 years but no idea what versions

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 12:51:55 PM »
2.3 without honor for three years or so, now 2.5 for prolly going on four. Joined Ak4 in January 09 after like eight months in SwAT in 2.5.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 13:22:57 PM »
i don't even remember. started playing 2.3  on my mac, then realized that 2.5 was available still, then started playing that as well. 2.3 died out and i started playing 2.5. never played 2.8.5 before.

Offline [uC]dis-

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 13:58:13 PM »
started 1.9.. 2.3 was the best and quit after aa3 came out. now it seems like 2.5 is trying to make a comeback.. Miss playing AA without all the drama. i appreciate what aao25 has done for the revival of an older AA2 version. THANK YOU.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 14:15:44 PM »
I started in 2.8.3, back in spring 2008. I played some time, quitted for almost a year, came back in 2009, at the end of 2010 work drew me back from AA, and i came back in mid-early 2011.

I still remember the first time i've played, i was impressed by the amount of players and the gameplay skills (it was a Bridge Crossing public server i think).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 14:17:35 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 15:39:01 PM »
thats where i met nate, so we have known each other for like what 4+ years now lol

6-7+ years... wow.

I started on 2.3 because I saw a TV advertisement for a free Army hat, they said go to the website and ask for some information. I did. I was excited to receive the free hat but it never came, instead a stupid CD with a game I couldn't play because my Pentium 3 computer at the time didn't have internet. So, I sat on the CD for a while until I got use of the internet on a DSL connection, popped it in and met a few people. I swear the first person I met was Crusade... Me and another guy were trying out to be in his clan {SA} Shadow's Alliance. Course, he was hacking at the time but it was 2v1 and we took him a couple of rounds. I think I lost contact with Crusade for a little bit there then met Jared and v2.6 came out at about that time and we went there to hack. So yea, I probably came around when v2.5 had just came out but I had an old CD and was on v2.3.

I should write a book about this huh.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 15:43:36 PM »
the 1.x days were pretty epic, no medic, no bleeding and crazy bugs... like i remeber there was a point on doors that nades could be thrown through...but it was more like 50-50 shot, so ppl who tried it some times succeeded, other times the nade bounched back off the door and killed em... thats when they were first making doors able to shoot through... and ill never forget the bug where you couldnt use teammates guns, they just wouldnt fire lol... kinda miss the 1.7-1.9 days, before sf was even thought of.
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 15:47:16 PM »
It's kinda sad that I never got to enjoy any of that. The fists weapon was pretty cool too from v1. I downloaded it a while back just to try it and it was so fail but it's amazing that Pipeline never really changed from v1 to v2.8.5.

Offline (sic)

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 15:48:50 PM »
sf mod is ruining the servers nowadays - just like in the dying breaths of 2.3. Seriously, the only US servers I see have people in them other than spanky's server are the HeadHunters one on IC with SF mod and the GOW serv with SF mod. It really grinds my gears when people think they're good because they can play IC with SF mod.

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 15:50:29 PM »
meh. I had a 2.4 CD, I don't remember how I got it. Played it a bit and then stopped for almost a year. Found it again and updated to 2.5. Not much of a story.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 15:53:26 PM »
Launch a server of your own then :) I like SF mod but I know a lot of other people don't so I try to setup my server to appeal to the masses. The only exception is that it's mAAp only.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager