Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: What the hell happened to the playerbase?  (Read 4429 times)

Offline noobslayer

What the hell happened to the playerbase?
« on: Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 07:20:47 AM »
Can anyone explain? 3 years ago atleast 150 to 200 people were online

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Ganja

Re: What the hell happened to the playerbase?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 08:55:34 AM »
Can anyone explain? 3 years ago atleast 150 to 200 people were online

People got bored. It had to happen eventually !

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 10:15:07 AM »
Exactly. People move on to games with better graphics.
And besides, AAPG seems to be stealing quite a lot of player as well.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »
CS GO > AA PG
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 14:33:52 PM »
Exactly. People move on to games with better graphics.
And besides, AAPG seems to be stealing quite a lot of player as well.
Id almost say "it was", numbers are steadily falling even on Aapg. Csgo...meh. Runs on potatoes, appeals a lot to the mainstream...perhaps Insurgency is closer to what AA2 was. But neither of them has that depth. These days there are so many different "tactical" fps which try to take a slightly different approach at the matter.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 16:52:52 PM »
They really dun goofed on proving grounds (AA4). That doesn't even look like AA2 and tactic wise it's more a call of duty thing. I really don't know why they did not just improve graphics or some small improvements (EG: adding new weapons/different maps etc). AA2 was and will always be really unique and I'm sure it would be still quite alive if they did not make a version 3 or 4 / or just made small improvements. Versions 2.5 to 2.8.5 were really the top of the mountain IMO. All those newer games like CSGO are way too fast compared to AA..

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Eversmann122

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 06, 2016, 20:57:15 PM »
Still Say Arma 3 is the best after AA2.5 died but thats just me lol oh and whats up long time no see.

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 07, 2016, 17:45:20 PM »
Still Say Arma 3 is the best after AA2.5 died but thats just me lol oh and whats up long time no see.
Busy with college.. etc. Unfortunately i'm banned so I can't play :P

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 08, 2016, 03:57:16 AM »
I've never have been able to get after the controls layout in Arma 3, besides, it takes a rather beefy pc to run even now. And it doesnt make for short matches at all (with the amount of spare time I have, I might rarely complete an entire match).

Offline Komalt

• View Profile
  • AA: Komalt
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 08, 2016, 22:39:54 PM »
I also played a lot of Arma 3.  I will say the Arma series in general is not as well suited for Player vs Player play like America's Army 2 was.  Its a better mil-sim experience against AI in large scale battles.

In regards to the player base, I'm a player who wasn't really a regular on Assist but played a good amount on AA 2.6-2.8.5.  I played for a bit on Assist then moved on to other games.  I guess with Assist its a limited amount of people who know about it to begin with, the effects of people moving on is just more drastically seen.  But I do come back every once in a while and appreciate that I can still play this game with many memories.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager