Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Issues getting Players to join AA2.5  (Read 2803 times)

Offline langy

Issues getting Players to join AA2.5
« on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 03:02:44 AM »
Minor issue guys but seems its getting hard to bring old/new players in Due to Having to do Training all over again, Currently most servers require minimum 15 honour to join or in the case of Aussie Servers there is just not enough activity for these players to jump on and obtain the level 15 to complete Sniper/SF Training. Im doing my best to try draw more players in but its a hurdle most of my guys are facing, being that AA2.5 is still low on players maybe give way to training like earlier release and enable guys to come in and be able to play SF maps with the rest of Community?

Im aware your trying to stamp out 2/3rd accounts being made but it also seems to stop legitimate new players coming in also..

Offline Ganja

Re: Issues getting Players to join AA2.5
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 08:54:23 AM »
Im aware your trying to stamp out 2/3rd accounts being made but it also seems to stop legitimate new players coming in also..

Trainings are not really done to stop more accounts anymore, because now we have the '1 account/pc rule' but I think it used to be for that. And having too low acctivity for being 15 honor is bullshit in my eyes:

Join An american or european server on hospital, you'll be 15 honor in 3 hours while being idle.

Offline bRU$seLs.2004-

• waNna sOmethiNg?
    • View Profile
  • AA: .
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 09:14:34 AM »
Ganja, relax he just hade a good idea. Maybe some server Admins will change it

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 09:59:42 AM »
Well yeah it could be good to lower the minimum honor to 10, I thought mst of servers had it already anyway, only SF maps require 15.

But the training should stay as it is now IMO. People that do the training are the people that really want to play the game. If you are bored by the training and don't want to do it, this is the wrong game for you anyway.

Just my 2 cents bro i'm relaxed :D

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 13:35:09 PM »
Training has always been up in previous versions with the previous (original) devs. It shows and educates you with the process that you get in the real world army. It is example and regular training that new recruit would do, it is good for new players, they will know how to handle the gun before starting to play any server, they will know how to use movements and aim, so training I must say does teach newbies how to play. If you done training before January 2012 then you won't be required to do it all over again.

1 account per pc has been stopped from being abused.

Offline langy

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 05:32:56 AM »
Join An american or european server on hospital, you'll be 15 honor in 3 hours while being idle.

Issue is Timezones there buddy as when people finish work in Australia most US players are zzzzzzzzz and prob 5-6 players on the Euro servers.

Im not trying to be negative buddy just trying to help bring more players into the game to be able to have a full server and a bit of fun after work :)

Most players i try to bring are either COD,BF4 or AAPG gamers mate so handling a gun is not an issue also lol
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 05:35:18 AM by langy »

Offline TheGumba

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 23:27:19 PM »
Hello! Im new to the forums and the game but....

I agree with the fact that doing all of the training may seem alot to people just trying to have fun or play the game. I understand the main principle of the game was to target people who wanted a feel of how the army actually is, but at this point, i think the fun factor is all we could offer. I think that would be the only way we could get new players in the game.

Offline OICURMT2!

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 04:44:41 AM »
I tend to agree with Langy... AA25 is not exactly the most populated game, why disenfranchise a person from becoming a potential contributor to the community?

OIC!
--
Oh, I See You Are Empty Too !

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 13:26:28 PM »
I tend to agree with Langy... AA25 is not exactly the most populated game, why disenfranchise a person from becoming a potential contributor to the community?

OIC!

I think we would attract another playerbase. The kind of player that wants to get fast into the game. The kind of player that has no patience, the kind of player that thinks this is COD.

It's on the same floor as saying, why not track mods, it will make more people happy. Yes bu other people.

AA needs new players but not any kind of players. That's how I see it. I might be the only one though :D

Offline OICURMT2!

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 27, 2014, 04:54:47 AM »
I think we would attract another playerbase. The kind of player that wants to get fast into the game. The kind of player that has no patience, the kind of player that thinks this is COD.

It's on the same floor as saying, why not track mods, it will make more people happy. Yes bu other people.

AA needs new players but not any kind of players. That's how I see it. I might be the only one though :D

There is nothing wrong with attracting a new player-base regardless of the underlying expectations.  Leading by example is the way to guide new players, not by eliminating all possibility that they will engage.  Leadership is the basis by which we, as a community, can direct the moral, ethics and behaviours of not only existing players, but new ones.  The ability to attract is more important than the ability to bar, as this basically condones an elitist mentality, which I assume (correctly I hope) is what we are trying to avoid.

Additionally, I am not of the opinion that tracking mods is a bad thing.  In fact, I see room to create more than just a myopic view of what this game can actually be.  There is still an old school fan-base who wishes to get back into the mix, but feels that, due to the elimination of their old account (post-US Army deprecation of the game), forces them to engage in a fruitless exercise of training once again.
--
Oh, I See You Are Empty Too !

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager