Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: VOIP  (Read 3071 times)

Offline blint63

VOIP
« on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »
I know this project alone is a really huge work, and you've done more than a lot for the community, but if you ever decide to implement something else to Assisst, i'd suggest VOIP.
Its one of the few features that's working good in AA3, and i miss from AA2. Even in AA3 it adds a lot to the run-n-gun gameplay, now imagine AA2. I think most of you have played in a clan, so i wont explain how different it is to interact with other players in voice. Now since there aint much active clan left, and as i see most players play for just fun, it would be a great to easily communicate with each other.

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
Re: VOIP
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »
Yeah kinda like Project Reality mumble. When you join a server, you automatically go to the server's own mumble VOIP. Integrated to AA25 assist everyone would automatically join the voip channels for the server.

Jonnym

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »
yeah we had this in version 1 of assist, Removed because nobody used it.
Also we had a chat box but removed that too cos it got spammed with shit and abuse.

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 13:24:49 PM »
Also we had a chat box but removed that too cos it got spammed with shit and abuse.
well now with 2.5 gaining popularity and being the official tracked version, dont you think people would start using VOIP? wouldn't hurt to have it ithere. Just make it automatical per server/side you are playing on.

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 14:30:09 PM »

I will have to say that it is a good idea but i dont see myself using it neither others, we join a Team speak server/ Ventrillo server to hang arround with friends and have fun, imagine what would happend if in your own team is another person with music turned on, non stop talking/screaming or abusing people. A good feature would be the ability to mute those kind of players maybe that way i will use it and some others that think like me. Also the auto mute when they die so ghosting and undesirable chat among the dead bother alive players

Anyone else thinks like me?
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 14:35:10 PM »
Most people already know of or use a different Ventrillo/TS server. I don't really think it's a necessary option for Assist.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Gekkou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »
Most people already know of or use a different Ventrillo/TS server. I don't really think it's a necessary option for Assist.
Seconded.

Jared

« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 08:54:49 AM »

Offline Gekkou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 14:11:17 PM »
A TS/Ventrillo server for aa25 would be nice though so people can gather and play together or something.

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 02, 2012, 14:32:11 PM »
and if the admins are the hsc admins, someone will be on all the time incase cunts and mans goes into vent causing trouble u should write in the shoutbox and they will catch it on a refresh (spanky sits here pressing F5 and killa doesnt talk to me anymore)

Smart choice by killaman :)
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 02, 2012, 20:51:07 PM »
A TS/Ventrillo server for aa25 would be nice though so people can gather and play together or something.

Indeed.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager