Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Update, has there been, will there be?  (Read 10328 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Update, has there been, will there be?
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 19:41:36 PM »
PPL , dont forget that, if you feel capacited and dont wanna help us, instead, make ur own project;
We are maintening Assist, no one can argue about that, if you think that its easy to port a program from a language to another then your are wrong, even with pit knownledgment it takes much time, remember, we are humans, We all do Work, we have families to take care of and bills to pay etc etc etc...
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Gnar

• Nigga I'm Gangsta
    • View Profile
  • AA: -[Gnar]-
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 21:04:38 PM »
It doesn't matter who is in charge of this project, AA is still gonna suck regardless.

Btw.......Hai everyone.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 29, 2012, 21:53:52 PM by Gnar »
-Scrubz

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 21:11:28 PM »
Bitter Old Man Crew Strikes, jk.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline Gnar

• Nigga I'm Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 21:17:51 PM »
-Scrubz

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 21:20:33 PM »
Spanky gonna hate.

HATERS GONNA STFU AND LEAVE! K, THX.  :up:

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 21:40:16 PM »
PPL , dont forget that, if you feel capacited and dont wanna help us, instead, make ur own project;
We are maintening Assist, no one can argue about that, if you think that its easy to port a program from a language to another then your are wrong, even with pit knownledgment it takes much time, remember, we are humans, We all do Work, we have families to take care of and bills to pay etc etc etc...

Yet another point I brought up to you yesterday, Jonny made Assist and he has a family, job, bills and I recall he was moving and/or remodeling yet somehow he found the time.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 21:45:54 PM »
LOL, wtf is this? It's like in some fucking zombie game. All zombie forum trolls have arisen from death... I find it really hilarious: Spanky comes back to forum after weeks/months and within minutes, skrewy and mans are by his side and shit is all around.

Is this some new project of yours? TrollingRevisited?

To Spanky (and his zombie trolling crew): fuck off. You don't have any rights to demand from me _anything_, especially in this style. I didn't steal anything from you, I haven't begged for anything, I haven't declared any obligations. I just took the thing from Jonny (the only normal person in this whole project, as I see it now, after all the crap the others wrote), because none of you wanted to keep it alive. And now you come here and bitch about me doing nothing.

Did I participate in some fucking presidential campaign, have I made some fake promises to anyone? No, so fuck off.

You don't know shit about me, you don't know anything about my personal situation, you don't have any right about deciding what I do with my time.

Yes, I could rewrite the whole thing in few weeks, but I won't do it just because of you bitching or to please anyone else, I will do it only when I find some fun in doing this. That's how it works.

You regret about giving me site? So fucking take it back, and care about it again. But wait, you won't do it, cause you don't care anymore. You'd rather kill it, cause it created bandwidth costs on your hosting.

BTW, you claim I "broke" something on this site? Let me explain: it's just some shitty part of your code, that stopped working after being moved to another hosting...

You don't pay me, so you don't have any rights to tell me what to do. BTW, all the assist donation money is left untouched on paypal account.

You claim that I'm some kind of power-hungry dictator? I never asked for anything that was transferred to me. You can have your site back at any moment. Jonny can have the assist back at any moment.

You use some PM that you got from me, only to quote it on forum in a mean way. It just show how low troll you have become.

You can congratulate yourselves, you managed to make me mad for a few hours. But now I'm just going to ignore you, cause you entered total troll mode, and I'm not going to feed trolls anymore.

To sum it up: fuck off.

Offline Gnar

• Nigga I'm Gangsta
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 21:54:52 PM »

I lol'd
-Scrubz

Offline Alex

« Reply #38 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 21:59:07 PM »
LOL, wtf is this? It's like in some fucking zombie game. All zombie forum trolls have arisen from death... I find it really hilarious: Spanky comes back to forum after weeks/months and within minutes, skrewy and mans are by his side and shit is all around.

To Spanky (and his zombie trolling crew): fuck off. You don't have any rights to demand from me _anything_, especially in this style. I didn't steal anything from you, I haven't begged for anything, I haven't declared any obligations. I just took the thing from Jonny (the only normal person in this whole project, as I see it now, after all the crap the others wrote), because none of you wanted to keep it alive. And now you come here and bitch about me doing nothing.

Did I participate in some fucking presidential campaign, have I made some fake promises to anyone? No, so fuck off.

You don't know shit about me, you don't know anything about my personal situation, you don't have any right about deciding what I do with my time.

Yes, I could rewrite the whole thing in few weeks, but I won't do it just because of you bitching or to please anyone else, I will do it only when I find some fun in doing this. That's how it works.

You regret about giving me site? So fucking take it back, and care about it again. But wait, you won't do it, cause you don't care anymore. You'd rather kill it, cause it created bandwidth costs on your hosting.

BTW, you claim I "broke" something on this site? Let me explain: it's just some shitty part of your code, that stopped working after being moved to another hosting...

You don't pay me, so you don't have any rights to tell me what to do. BTW, all the assist donation money is left untouched on paypal account.

You claim that I'm some kind of power-hungry dictator? I never asked for anything that was transferred to me. You can have your site back at any moment. Jonny can have the assist back at any moment.

You use some PM that you got from me, only to quote it on forum in a mean way. It just show how low troll you have become.

You can congratulate yourselves, you managed to make me mad for a few hours. But now I'm just going to ignore you, cause you entered total troll mode, and I'm not going to feed trolls anymore.

I completely agree with you for the most part. I don't think it's fair that people expect you to update assist when you're doing it all for free. Nobody has the right to bitch about there being no updates on something that is provided for free. It's simply unfair.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #39 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 22:22:11 PM »
Pit, I'll respond and if you choose not to read it, oh well.

I never told, asked or suggested to Skrewy or Mans to come on here and troll. I did show Skrewy this thread and I guess they got bored and took it into their own hands. I had nothing to do with anything they did although, the image that Skrewy made was quite funny. I will also take this opportunity to say that Skrewy has had access to my account for a couple weeks, he was the one that changed my signature.

I agree with all of this. I'm not demanding anything from you, not even asking.

That's exactly why I created this thread. It was a simple question but you decided to take a holier-than-thou approach to answering. I really don't care about updates or the future of the game, I was just honestly curious. I still find it odd that you showed such enthusiasm and now that's seemingly all gone. I just wonder what happened? I thought you wanted to take this project forward.

FINALLY! We get somewhere! Now, let me retort; aren't you having fun playing and enjoying the game? If so, why don't you want to improve it?

I do regret it but that doesn't mean I want it back. It's filled with far too much useless threads to be able to turn it into something meaningful (to be fair, it was like that before I gave it to you).

Care to share what part of my "shitty" code is broken now? It takes very little energy and bandwidth to shoot me a message on MSN to ask how to fix it.

Right, again, I'm not demanding anything. It was a question out of curiosity.

I never said that. I do think you've let the power go to your head though as shown by your "fuck you all and fuck what you think" attitude. But hey, remember when me & Blue got ahold of global admin and started banning and kicking people? That was one of the few recent times I actually had fun in AA :)

If you found that PM mean, then you must have wrote it mean. I copied it verbatim using the forum's quote function.

I'll admit, that was my goal before I started this thread :) Was it my jerkoff smilies?

Nobody else wants the project so it's all yours Mr big admin. Just kind of interesting that in 6 months you haven't even pushed out a tiny security update that you could write in less than 2 hours that would greatly improve user bans, create less work for admins. But hey, keep on doing whatever floats your boat because you are the captain.

Avast ye skipper!

Offline inverseKID

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 01:12:52 AM »
I just want to play aa on my 2012 macbook, this linux ish is confusing

Offline Ganja

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 08:11:16 AM »
Why you people keep arguing about this, it is crazy.

If someone can help for assist, do it.

If someone can make some updates, do it.

If someone can make better cvars, go ahead.

But if nobody fuking wanna help or can't help with the project don't blame others?

Life's a bitch sometimes, deal with it

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 13:28:38 PM »
I know i would like to see updates, since i don't play anymore still visit sometimes to check everything out. I was even banned by someone because i said it will never improve ok, this is abuse of power just because i stated my opinion. I fully support sparky and would like new hoster and new admins.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 23:21:10 PM »
If someone can make some updates, do it.
Someone already can.

If someone can make better cvars, go ahead.
Already done, it's one of the things sitting in queue for the update that will never come.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, October 31, 2012, 03:26:03 AM »
Someone already can.

I guess I had to add "and wants to do it"

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager