Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Update, has there been, will there be?  (Read 10316 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Update, has there been, will there be?
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 02:50:36 AM »
if you need help to work on updates for Assist ask me and i can help with what ever needs to be updated if you need help with server scripts for anything i can make some or edit old one since i did know the code that most of the AADevs used since i was a Beta tester before i stoped playing for almost 1.5 years i would like to see some updates and help with them so just message me on what you think if you would want my help or not since i alreaddy know almost everything about the 2.5 map editor(2.4.1 editor) i can help with maps that people would like to see in updates to come
help is more than welcome, the problem is: maps can't be deployed without an update on the assist software.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 03:59:19 AM »
[...] Yea, it's not my place to tell you what to do [...]

I totally agree with you on this one.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 05:28:56 AM »
That's it? I thought you might have something worthwhile to post but I guess you're too busy banning without proof and giving yourself admin on servers that make you mad.

Are you taking the stance of "fuck what anyone else thinks" or did I upset you with my poor attempts at trolling earlier? Either way, I regret giving you this site. You've done nothing but break things. Another waste of potential. At least you're 2 for 2 on that streak.

If you ever pull your head out of your ass long enough to have a reasonable discussion, I'm sure there's other people that would like to hear an explanation for the lack of updates and no future plans to do anything. Personally, I don't care for an answer, it's just an observation on my part. Go ahead, ignore me and slap a ban on me, it will just show who you really are.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 05:41:48 AM »
That's it? I thought you might have something worthwhile to post but I guess you're too busy banning without proof and giving yourself admin on servers that make you mad.

Are you taking the stance of "fuck what anyone else thinks" or did I upset you with my poor attempts at trolling earlier? Either way, I regret giving you this site. You've done nothing but break things. Another waste of potential. At least you're 2 for 2 on that streak.

If you ever pull your head out of your ass long enough to have a reasonable discussion, I'm sure there's other people that would like to hear an explanation for the lack of updates and no future plans to do anything. Personally, I don't care for an answer, it's just an observation on my part. Go ahead, ignore me and slap a ban on me, it will just show who you really are.

Hard words :arab:  :poorguy:

By the way- there is "arab" emoticon. Why there isn't Isaac icon? Racial discrimination.

You know. Just say STFU, then I will stop, Pit :D
« Last Edit: Monday, October 29, 2012, 05:48:39 AM by [Majestic]tidididi »

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 06:49:55 AM »
[...] Either way, I regret giving you this site. [...]

You can take it back at any moment.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 09:59:11 AM »
as i did see yesterday, more then 230 players online !!!
so maybe we wait another 6 month and we are 500 players and then ....?

i would like to thank everyone who did give a bit of his blood for making all this possible. and i still hope it will go on with the best game ever - aa2

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 11:55:34 AM »
as i did see yesterday, more then 230 players online !!!
so maybe we wait another 6 month and we are 500 players and then ....?

Doubt it. It was around those numbers 6 months ago. I remember seeing 260+.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 12:06:10 PM »
I remember seeing 260+.

I remember seeing 2500.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 14:35:20 PM »
Pit, if you ever had a position of power in reality, the people would be morally obliged to assassinate you.

As far as Assist goes, you aren't doing anything but abusing your privileges. The only reason people still play is because they want to play AA, not because of you. Because of you, none of the people I used to play Assist with still play. Because of you, people get banned without proof, whether they are guilty or not because you think you're an anti-cheat expert. Because of you, no respect to the former members of this project is shown and their advice is, not only disregarded, but met with hostility. You were a horrible candidate for the position you're in and I knew it from the beginning. You know why you're having so much trouble? Because you pissed off every last person willing and able to help. You are a disgrace to what was formerly the Assist team and it doesn't take an engineer to see it. I want Spanky, Blue, and Killa back.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 14:42:56 PM »
MothaGoosE i'm sorry but where have you been? They are the ones that left, they were the ones leaving this project. Pit just got it in his hands to solo handle, yes no update was released to this date but at least it wasn't shutdown like it was going to, don't forget that... Now don't come here after a few months saying crap that you don't know anything...
Worst thing are people that don't even play the game trying to blame others for their lack of skills or lack of will to the game... Let those that like the game keep playing it.
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline God

« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 15:14:26 PM »

Worst thing are people that don't even play the game trying to blame others for their lack of skills or lack of will to the game... Let those that like the game keep playing it.

Agree whit u Sergio

Offline God

« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 15:24:58 PM »
and btw....Spanky you should come back.....

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 15:39:24 PM »
Sergio, something I mentioned to Possessed yesterday is the fact that Jonny, me, Blue, Killa hardly played the game very much yet they/we put the most into Assist. It was a passion because we all enjoyed the game at one point. I just find it really odd that you guys seemingly have that same passion and are all admins yet all you're doing is keeping a dysfunctional ban system going. Part of my frustration with leaving is that I knew things weren't going to be carried on outside of Jonny's supervision/help. I did have hope in Pit but that disappeared and he's shown less and less promise/motivation to do anything with the project. I just wonder, why?

*EDIT*
Just to clear the record, I have no desire to come back. It's not the community or the admins, I just feel no desire/motivation to use the editor or play AA.

Offline DDi-dragon

« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 17:30:16 PM »
Honestly, if people can help me with basics and stuff and guide me for a few days I can help out a lot around here.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 29, 2012, 19:17:06 PM »
Honestly, if people can help me with basics and stuff and guide me for a few days I can help out a lot around here.
See pit, you can get help if you don't have time, just ask for it. It is not that hard

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager