ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

What to do with this guy

Keep permanent ban
1626 (83.3%)
Unban, put on watch list
326 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Unban Request  (Read 18620 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Unban Request
« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 23:29:42 PM »
Truth be told, the nice person in me wants to unban and put on the watch list =\

But, you did have hacking files...
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ToMb SeNTiNeL

• Guarding the unknowns....21 seconds at a time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 12, 2012, 23:39:03 PM »
Yes, no doubt about that, those files were there, I seen the log plain as day, but I know that I would not ever use anything like that, it's all about having fun and shooting and enjoying whats left of AA2. I just wish it were possible and to trust a fellow AA2 gamer, even though somehow this was all a big misunderstanding in my point of view, but I know it's hard to believe a player when they become flagged like my account did.

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 03:45:16 AM »
Although i'm absolutely against cheating without any tolerance toward those players i somehow feel pitty for him. I can't 100%ly say that he's telling the truth, but he is very dedicated in prooving his innocence in a very kind way. Well, in this case the evidence is a clear fact. But he loves the game, he is willing to support it. We do need such players, don't we? Maybe there was really something corrupt in his download, although i doubt it, if it really was the installer from official 25assist. Maybe this is a case where you should give one a 2nd chance and put him on the watchlist or however you call it. On the other side i'm oftentimes a too credulously person, so don't judge on my comment.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 04:27:31 AM by B@lestra^ »

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 04:14:30 AM »
i honestly feel the same... only cuz i cant tell if he's telling truth or not, if he's not, he's a great liar... but i feel his pitty in losing whats left of aaos...

just sucks theres hard evidence pointing to guilt and no evidence towards innocence... just your word.

tough call really... support whatever the guys decide.

And i give you props for handling this whole thing calmly and as effectively as possibly tomb sentinel

You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline Choogelaar

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 05:56:33 AM »
well all i can say about this fact is that even when he says he will not do that again it was only for fun /??  the new players that just starts to play this game without having played another version off AA  will be tired off getting killed all the time cause someone just wanted to have fun  that person is taking all the FUN away from the newer players ???   now the question you want to keep that couple off hackers in the servers or give the chance to the new players that just starts playing the game that we all love ..

i played this game now for over 9 years and still like it allot 

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 15:01:49 PM »
well all i can say about this fact is that even when he says he will not do that again it was only for fun /??  the new players that just starts to play this game without having played another version off AA  will be tired off getting killed all the time cause someone just wanted to have fun  that person is taking all the FUN away from the newer players ???   now the question you want to keep that couple off hackers in the servers or give the chance to the new players that just starts playing the game that we all love ..

i played this game now for over 9 years and still like it allot

Sorry i beg to differ, there's no way cheats can make your experience any better or funnier than it is without using them. You might get some relief but it will be temporary, and if America's Army wasn't fun for you (generally meant) before, it won't be even after you start to use cheats. It's just up to what the game means and how it feels for you.

I often play at a time where i meet mostly experienced players, and while sometimes i get bashed to death (literally) for several matches, i can still get fun out of it. Because it's what the game feels to me, and not the bare stats which someone (many) overrate.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 15:05:29 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 15:07:29 PM »
Koden's words should be engraved in stone.

Offline ToMb SeNTiNeL

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 16:13:11 PM »
I agree with Kodens words as well, its not about the points or rank, its about having good, clean fun whether your dead or alive in the game. I don't see how using cheats can make a game any more enjoyable than playing clean.

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 16:20:42 PM »
Why this topic is still active?

Offline ToMb SeNTiNeL

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 18:26:59 PM »
Im trying to see if its possible to have a shot at enjoying AA2 again.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 18:34:07 PM »
If anyone has an opinion, please speak. Mr. Sentinel seems fairly persistent.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 19:18:13 PM »
Ok, there happens to be (sadly) several new bans being placed every week. Why do you think to be special in comparison? Your good attitude makes for a better dialogue but it can't really make up for the core matter of the topic which is the reason you were banned for.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 19:20:41 PM »
I've added a poll to this thread. I'm voting unban and put on watch list.

Offline Alex

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 19:31:47 PM »
WARNING NOTICE, Here at aao25.com we have a zero tolerance policy against hacking, cheating or exploiting. Even attempting to hack will result in a ban from using our auth system. If you like playing this game then keep your behaviour clean. If you like to hack or cheat then go back to 2.8.5

What's the point of having a zero tolerance policy if we're not going to support it? We look like hypocrites. Are we going to unban everyone who comes here and says they're innocent nicely?
It's a great thing, they can test out if their hacks work, come here and act innocently and get unbanned so they can play without them. /sarcasm

Putting them on the watchlist is useless because a 6 year old can understand not to do something again if they already got in trouble for it.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, March 13, 2012, 19:35:52 PM »
Putting them on the watchlist is useless because a 6 year old can understand not to do something again if they already got in trouble for it.

No, we'll have people that behave and play fair. We need more players.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager