Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Tell me  (Read 2564 times)

Offline kinetiks

Tell me
« on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 07:05:42 AM »
What is that when u are playing on server and server says like this " kinetiks. playing(running) on Gun Hack [1/3] " and then screen shakes like a maniac  ???

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
Re: Tell me
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 07:08:43 AM »
Sounds like your trying to use a exploit.

Jonnym

« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 07:09:22 AM »
it means you have found a way of using an exploit that allows you to run while using you weapon.

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 08:04:00 AM »
The run with gun protection was never all that solid. You can get accused of it by just running right at the start of the round when your weapon isn't ready.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 08:19:45 AM »
Depends on the mods installed on the server.

Offline kinetiks

« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 08:26:39 AM »
don't press sprint until your gun is ready

Was the reason why it keep saying that  8)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 08:33:28 AM »
DG Hack Hunter false positives, don't bother about them...unfortunatly it does depend only on DGHH itself (and the player ofcourse). Running while using your gun would be a quite recognizable exploit, while spectating a player that uses it.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 17:15:03 PM »
By default I dont think there should be kicking for running with gun. Most people press the sprint button as soon as they spawn anyway and so many players get confused when they get hit with running with gun on HH. I don't see it as too big of a deal especially if HH shakes the hell outta your screen. At least it doesn't slap health away :D

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 17:19:32 PM »
There should be a buffer time that's allowed. Although, this might have something to do with replication. The latency between the client and server. You obviously can't run with your gun being busy without hacks. Perhaps the latency is greater than the time between a idle weapon and running which would mean the server thinks your weapon is still busy by the time you start running. If this is true, I don't think a buffer could be added. Perhaps just a warning for things like this but if you fire while running, kick.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 17:30:42 PM »
There should be a buffer time that's allowed. Although, this might have something to do with replication. The latency between the client and server. You obviously can't run with your gun being busy without hacks. Perhaps the latency is greater than the time between a idle weapon and running which would mean the server thinks your weapon is still busy by the time you start running. If this is true, I don't think a buffer could be added. Perhaps just a warning for things like this but if you fire while running, kick.

I think you nailed it.

Offline JunK

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 06:11:38 AM »
k1netik nice to see ya back here online.

Grtz,

-iResis.JunK :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager