Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Spanky`s dissapearing way!  (Read 7636 times)

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Spanky`s dissapearing way!
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 16:13:55 PM »
So we are at the point when some of the cheats are allowed and others not ..?

@Carmy: +1
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline ronski

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 16:18:35 PM »
well.. quickswap is more like a feature than actual cheat imo.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 16:36:58 PM »
In all honesty, it's a bug.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 16:39:54 PM »
In all honesty, it's a bug.

It's a bug that everyone has grown to use because during all the years it (nearly) was never punished ...

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 16:50:46 PM »
60% use it , we'll I'm also not in that 60% , don't know how to use that bug/exploit nor do I care to learn how to do it,

I agree with spanky 100%

It's a advantage over regular players that don't use it

Should be a penalty just like that prone bug yous made, but then again ways around that as well shake something

Offline Ganja

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 18:15:20 PM »
60% use it , we'll I'm also not in that 60% , don't know how to use that bug/exploit nor do I care to learn how to do it,

I agree with spanky 100%

It's a advantage over regular players that don't use it

Should be a penalty just like that prone bug yous made, but then again ways around that as well shake something

But you can use it, it's not forbidden. Not my fault if you can't do it. It's like saying "I dont use a headset, so you should be banned for having an advantage over me"

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 18:24:09 PM »
... It's like saying "I dont use a headset, so you should be banned for having an advantage over me"
This is not the same ... and this bug/cheat shouldn't be tolerated.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline ronski

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 18:46:55 PM »
This is not the same ... and this bug/cheat shouldn't be tolerated.
Of course its not :) its just a humoristic and sarcastic comeback for taking advantage over others. Using exploits & bugs is not the way this game is meant to play. But when a bug is at point where it cant be fixed, it turns into a feature. Its right there available for all, there's nothing to do for it. I would be glad if all of those could be taken out from the game, but as long as they can't be fixed, punishing the usage of them would be nonesense.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 19:37:44 PM »
But you can use it, it's not forbidden. Not my fault if you can't do it. It's like saying "I dont use a headset, so you should be banned for having an advantage over me"

1st. I never said ban users for using it, i just don't use it never needed to gain advantage using quickswap
2nd A lot of times i don't use headphones unless on ts, more of a challenge without using sound

Offline Alex

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 21:17:19 PM »
Thanks Killa - I see your point, but it's not about some random player leaving this community it's about someone who kept alive so long this game - this community. It's just not right ...
I agree. It sucks that he's not active anymore. This wasn't our decision, it was his and he can come back at any time he wishes.

Na, it's a bug. They fixed it in 2.7 I think. It wasn't there in 2.8 for sure.

As far as stopping quickswap goes, there's no decent way to do it. Quickswap happens accidentally all the time. We can't kick for it or everyone would get kicked, including those that don't even try to use it. Ever fall off a ledge while reloading/pulling out a nade/ pretty much doing anything? You'd get kicked for quickswap. The idea behind quickswap is that the animation for pulling out the weapon/nade is replaced by another shorter animation, such as a jump or crouch. However, this happens accidentally all the time.

If we can't have assist kick for it, the only other option would be to have admins see players using it and then ban, and that's a terrible way to do anti-cheat. Quickswap is something we have to live with.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 21:25:30 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline ronski

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, September 20, 2015, 23:17:56 PM »
Yes it's a bug, and using a bug that cant be removed is not cheating.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 01:43:21 AM »
So we are at the point when some of the cheats are allowed and others not ..?

@Carmy: +1
Not at all, it's more or less the fact that it happens per accident as well very easily, and the fact that we do not have much to stop it except for visually spotting somebody doing it.

If we COULD fix it, we would. But banning people for using it when it can also happen per accident is a no-go.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 01:52:03 AM »
It is a bug, but that's not entirely true, there were at least 2 ways to still use quickswap on 2.8.

The only possibility to punish quickswap would be - like mentioned - to have it the same as with prone firing: put away the gun and make the screen shake.

Now the problem would be that of definitively detecting it.
Plus, like Killa said, there are plenty of ways to accidentally cause the bug.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 02:46:16 AM »
Spanky is a top lad in this community, one of the best admins, you won't see people like him in this community. His the only one who listens and understands.I been here for years and people like koden, killaman or even teddy gives a bad atmosphere to this forum. It's hard to find good american ppl sadly. Basically most assist admins are american's and it's a shame,european people are much nicer but hey i wont go deeper into this discussion unless you want me to go that way.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 21, 2015, 02:59:37 AM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline Alex

« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 02:59:49 AM »
.I been here for years and people like koden, killaman or even teddy gives a bad atmosphere to this forum. It's hard to find good american ppl sadly.
Feel free to leave then. I'll also add that teddy isn't American. And nice try trying to turn this into a nation debate. Any more posts trying to do that will be deleted.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager