Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: sound in win7  (Read 3683 times)

Offline rxcapitan

• View Profile
sound in win7
« on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 15:01:32 PM »
I cant reply to the other thread coz its closed,

My point was to get the old players who are on win7 and dont like the sound back.
i read that even  big_sergio didnt want return to aao because of sound at some point and i know few more who dont play aao because no sound.For some ppl aao2 became WIN XP Game

I dont want resolve where the fault is because i dont understand that and its not important i think.

i know that u can get xp sound{atleast little bit} in win7 back by using some alchemy or something.

What we can do to get more ppl back to aao is to atleast make link for win7 users in assit to some fix sound guide.

Of course that they can google it but some dont even get the idea that it can be fixed some are lazy ect.

Please ppl stay on the topic.If u want flame me make new thread pls.ty

Jared

Re: sound in win7
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 15:15:26 PM »
From my understanding Vista, and Win 7 didn't copy/make the right dlls. There's a few fixes out there ( such and copying and moving dll files ). I tried in the past to edit my copy of openal.dll file in the aa/system folder, but couldn't get the game to load it would just crit.

Also try some modded drivers. I found a good set and when installed i noticed a big difference.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 15:16:08 PM »
If anybody who has 7 and problems with sound, it would be advisable that they try out for themselves to fix it. It's understandable for 7 to have differences because it uses WASAPI primarily, but I do assume the solution is to find good and proper drivers.

I use 7 but do not have sound issues. And I can verify because I can swap back and forth between my laptop with 7 and desktop with XP.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #3 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 15:26:15 PM »
interesting is that alot of ppl playing CoD MW and BF3 are using  win 7, usually when someone has a problem, they do search for a solution, help tips can be added to assist, but we cannot make assist fix the sound issue ("as in linux").
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Jared

« Reply #4 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 15:36:19 PM »
Although the game maybe written in OpenAL, it may also default to DirectSound3D rendering. This happens because the game comes with an OpenAL library into the game directory, which is NOT the true OpenAL32.dll router (the file that will actually enumerate and select the native renderer), but wrap_oal.dll. This file contains the Software emulation and the OALtoDS3D wrapper. Now for compatibility purposes, the developers decided that when you select "hardware" in the game options it links to the OALtoDS3D wrapper and NOT the native renderer (This is a very concervative approach and NOT recommended by the OpenAL comitee themselves).

Offline rxcapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:14:26 PM »
Although the game maybe written in OpenAL, it may also default to DirectSound3D rendering. This happens because the game comes with an OpenAL library into the game directory, which is NOT the true OpenAL32.dll router (the file that will actually enumerate and select the native renderer), but wrap_oal.dll. This file contains the Software emulation and the OALtoDS3D wrapper. Now for compatibility purposes, the developers decided that when you select "hardware" in the game options it links to the OALtoDS3D wrapper and NOT the native renderer (This is a very concervative approach and NOT recommended by the OpenAL comitee themselves).

Does it mean that u can change something in the game to get the xpsound?

And what are the proper drivers for win7?since the one u dl at creative.com dont have even 3d sound rofl
« Last Edit: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:16:52 PM by rxcapitan »

Jared

« Reply #6 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 18:17:40 PM »
no. I tried to change a file in the game but it crits. Plus even if i did get it to work assist would delete the file.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 20:08:58 PM »
I did had some issues when Win7 got out, even my micro wasn't recognized by the OS, i had to buy a new one USB so i could talk with clanmates at teamspeak, but in the meanwhile they updated drivers, i think it is exactly or near that of what it was with XP. And btw, Win7 has equalizer, at least my Creative drivers have.
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline rxcapitan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 20:46:25 PM »
i messed with sound in w7 althought it sounded similar i didnt hear as much or as far like in w xp..........

i might be wrong tho

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 20, 2012, 21:37:02 PM »
With a good sound setup, you'll hear as far as intended.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline WORLDCHANCELLOR

• Respected Members
    • View Profile
  • AA: nfy.[BLANK]
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 12:33:20 PM »
BTW, Utroda, I have the fix and just uploaded the zip file: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22024821/x64.zip   --

Make sure your Creative drivers are already installed:

1. Unzip the file (which is "x64.bat").

2. Put x64.bat into your System32 folder and click it.

3. Restart.

Took a long time to finally find the information to create this .bat file, so be thankful -- like I am.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 23, 2012, 13:10:34 PM by WORLDCHANCELLOR »

Offline BL1NDSH00T3R

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 06:35:12 AM »
The download for the file no longer works anyone have an updated link??

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 14:13:04 PM »
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline FLaK

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 10:10:43 AM »
x64 into system32 - lol

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager