Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Some 2.5 Gameplay  (Read 6867 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Some 2.5 Gameplay
« on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 00:56:13 AM »
I was doing well, so I started to record. (but this session wasn't the best).
Pub 3x3 on Shipment. Server wasn't tracked :( Video image quality is bad.
! No longer available
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Some 2.5 Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 01:48:00 AM »
Sweet map, the guy that made it must have been super 1337.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 01:51:16 AM »
@08:23
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Mia Cop

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 03:08:22 AM »
How can you record you're own game while you're  playing i would really like to know? Is it an option in game or is it related with Windows?
I tried also making screen shots but I had no luck doing it also!  :oops:

Doing screen shots with print screen but doesn't work!  :idea:
LoL! :-D

Offline ronski

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 03:14:13 AM »
if you take shots with printscreen they'll end up to clipboard and you need to paste them for example into Photoshop, you can make screenshots by pressing F9 or typing to console: shot

There are programs that allows you to record your game and you could even publish it as "live" video for example via Twitch 

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 03:43:38 AM »
How can you record you're own game while you're  playing i would really like to know? Is it an option in game or is it related with Windows?
I tried also making screen shots but I had no luck doing it also!  :oops:

Doing screen shots with print screen but doesn't work!  :idea:
LoL! :-D
I used Fraps to record and converted the raw 11gb file into a 528mb mp4 using Virtual Dub, took ~1 hours to upload on YouTube. I can't stream because I have only 1mb of upload, either I stream or play online, streaming offline games also end up with a stream around 480p, sux.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 03:45:39 AM by Possessed »

Offline Bart!

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 04:31:34 AM »
nice FPS though :)

I'll check if I can do a record soon ^^

Mia Cop

« Reply #7 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 04:51:05 AM »

Funny, funny.. :-P

I used Fraps to record and converted the raw 11gb file into a 528mb mp4 using Virtual Dub, took ~1 hours to upload on YouTube. I can't stream because I have only 1mb of upload, either I stream or play online, streaming offline games also end up with a stream around 480p, sux.

Well i am asking this because I have an idea for the event on Wednesday evening.

Just need a info.
How many GB i will filled up if I'm recording my game while playing - for example 2 hours!? How many free space on a hard drive I need to have for recording..

Poss, you made 11gb of raw format while you were recording.
How many time in hours - minutes you did recording to get this 11gb?! (I think it's about 10 - 15 minutes we are talking in your case) :-D

Can you be so kind to give me a link of the program you are using for the recording.

Oh and btw:
What does it mean - Fraps - ?

Thank you for the answer in advance!
 :oops:

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 08:37:17 AM »
11gb for entire video above (10min), at 1280x720 @30fps.
Fraps is the recording program. If you have a good PC, you can record the video and compress on the fly with Dxtory (another recording program).

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #9 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 09:21:00 AM »

With cheats on or off? :P
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 12:57:03 PM »
Fraps is the recording program. If you have a good PC, you can record the video and compress on the fly with Dxtory (another recording program).
11gb? Sounds a bit on the heavy side to me, of course it also depends on the content and on the type/quality of the data compression being used. I used to record gameplay with Shadowplay, offers good output and great performance (basically no performance loss). OBS can also be used, although it doesnt perform as good as Shadowplay, but it probably has a wider amount of settings you can play with.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 13:27:54 PM »
11gb? Sounds a bit on the heavy side to me, of course it also depends on the content and on the type/quality of the data compression being used. I used to record gameplay with Shadowplay, offers good output and great performance (basically no performance loss). OBS can also be used, although it doesnt perform as good as Shadowplay, but it probably has a wider amount of settings you can play with.
11 GB RAW, Fraps has no compression :D, my PC can't handle convertion on the fly(not in a good ratio, lower file size and good quality), 1 mb upload, so I must pick lowest size.
The file I uploaded was around 550mb, converted with Virtual Dub using custom settings/exporter, straight into MP4 ^^

Mia Cop

« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 15:58:44 PM »

Rezolution 1280x720 is Full HD - 30 pictures in a second, know that..   :D
I already made some videos through mine professional photo camera, recorded in same resolutions like you did, but never were tried to record anything through computer.
You are saying me that i can't record anything if i have a bad PC (that's correct - it's quite powerless).
Determined by lowest subscore - 5,9.
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4330 PCU @ 3.50 Hz
Installed memory (RAM) - 4.00
System Type - 64 bit Operation System

I am thinking that the processor needs to be stronger if i am willing to record anything, graphic card is irrelevant in this matter, right? (maybe i am wrong?)

I have integrated graphic card but only in processor, have non substantive graphic card, is that matter for recording, i think not only for playing stronger games, right?

So with Fraps program can't do it then, can i do it with Shadowplay program Koden?

What do i need to get/buy to make this working?  :(

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 16:03:33 PM »
Hard drive speed plays a big role too. Doesn't matter how fast your processor is, if your hard drive can't handle the amount of data being dumped, it will stall out your video and possibly your computer.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 17:19:40 PM »

Rezolution 1280x720 is Full HD - 30 pictures in a second, know that..   :D
I already made some videos through mine professional photo camera, recorded in same resolutions like you did, but never were tried to record anything through computer.
You are saying me that i can't record anything if i have a bad PC (that's correct - it's quite powerless).
Determined by lowest subscore - 5,9.
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4330 PCU @ 3.50 Hz
Installed memory (RAM) - 4.00
System Type - 64 bit Operation System

I am thinking that the processor needs to be stronger if i am willing to record anything, graphic card is irrelevant in this matter, right? (maybe i am wrong?)

I have integrated graphic card but only in processor, have non substantive graphic card, is that matter for recording, i think not only for playing stronger games, right?

So with Fraps program can't do it then, can i do it with Shadowplay program Koden?

What do i need to get/buy to make this working?  :(
No, shadowplay only works on Nvidia cards. You might try to set OBS to a lower res (a fraction of the resolution you're playing at, e.g. 640x480 for 1280x960) and of course @ 30 frames per second, you will probably need to make a couple test to decide which level of image compression does the job for you. As Spanky mentioned, the hard disk also plays a vital role because of the amount of data being written in realtime, ideally only testing will help with that.

https://obsproject.com

P.s. there's also an estimator on the obs website, it's designed to give you recommendations for streaming but it does give some useful tips worth noting even for recording alone.

https://obsproject.com/estimator

Also: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/technical-explanation-of-obs-settings.642/
« Last Edit: Friday, July 15, 2016, 17:29:20 PM by Koden »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager