Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Singleplayer mode  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Artilius

Singleplayer mode
« on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 09:14:51 AM »
Hey all! :)
Was searching for some time on forums, but didn't find any answer. Is it possible to play in a singleplayer mode on assist? I'am trying to learn some dropshots on BC, by using the "viewclass projectile" command. Don't know if that is legal, but saw people on 2.8.5 using it.

Thanks for all the answers

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Singleplayer mode
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 09:24:59 AM »
All you need to do is go to where your AA is installed (refer to the FAQ), inside the armyops folder and then inside the system folder is armyops.exe. If you start that your game will be essentially offline.

You can, of course, start the game through Assist as well and then do the following step, but sometimes I've seen Assist close the game when you're not connected to a server.

After that, you will need to open a map with the console command
Code: [Select]
start <mapname>
or
open <mapname>
Make sure to change the "<mapname>" to the map you wish to join. The maps are listed under armyops-> maps .

Now in order to get a gun you need to type (in console again)
Code: [Select]
class <gun>Make sure you replace "<gun>" with a valid class, for example "r", "rpk", "m4a1auto" or "sf".

There are other things you might want to type in an offline game. When you kill yourself with a frag, you will usually need to restart the map, but god mode can be enabled by simply typing "god" in console.
Another thing I find useful is "deathstalker", it gives you unlimited ammo, including grenades, which means you don't have to take the same class over and over again to try something out.

As for how to get the console, for me it's the "?" button, but I've seen it reported to be "~" for example. However, you can also just press "t" (for talk) and then press esc to empty the "Say" or just erase it with backspace. It will have exactly the same effect.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 22, 2015, 07:05:47 AM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Artilius

« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 12, 2015, 09:49:25 AM »
Thanks for best possible answer.

Offline devilish

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 17, 2015, 03:34:52 AM »
Holy cow that answer was awesome

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 22, 2015, 07:04:25 AM »
Haha, I aim to please :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager