Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Server offline why?  (Read 2241 times)

Offline (Beer_Me)BeerRoach

Server offline why?
« on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »
Hi , I tried to start up a server today and it appears on the list but it says server offline?
The ports are open as per instructions and I can join via the admin button but the server always says "server offline" rather than ready to deploy?

Anyone can help please??

Offline ^FanaT!c][+

Re: Server offline why?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 14:02:23 PM »
Have u checked in server settings option " disable port testing to external IP" ? If yes u will not be able to see it as online in normal server list. What's the server's name so I'll check if it works or it's some other problem and server is really offline ;)

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 16:55:27 PM »
I did get help with this problem and the server runs great now, Thanks

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the players swap sides after each round or after a number of rounds ,
ie: similar to a tournament I would like the teams to switch from assault to defense after 3 rounds .
So each team will play 3 rounds on assault and 3 rounds as defense.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 16:58:32 PM by (Beer_Me)BeerRoach »

Offline ^FanaT!c][+

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 23:57:21 PM »
Oh nice to hear it ;) what was the issue? About ur question I have no idea if u are able to do it but I dont think so cause I havent seen such a thing...

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 11:40:58 AM »
Yes my earlier problem was simply my fault I did'nt open the router ports properly as you suggested.
Regarding the team swapping sides , I'm sure it can be done or at least we used to run our servers that way long ago. I'm just not sure if it was a cvar command or if it was in the config at gameservers. I have'nt been able to find the config for this one since there is no rented server involved. By the way where is this server hosted (My machine?).

Offline kinetiks

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »
Can you put here all the things that u done i'm having same kind of problem  :)

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 14:28:35 PM »
Actually its easier for me to just give you this link : http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

If you follow these instructions and you must follow All of the instructions , it is very easy to do, be sure to do the steps all the way thru the page and it works like a dream. If you still have problems come to my TS and Ill try to help u thru it. My TS3 info is 8.9.5.238:9139  P/W is beerme

Thanks again to Fanatic and Spanky for your posts they were very helpful.
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 14:30:37 PM by (Beer_Me)BeerRoach »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager