Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Quickswap "bug"  (Read 7821 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Quickswap "bug"
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 01:43:01 AM »
Are talking about fair game now????

Cause using quick swap and what other bug suppose to be removed by assist,  Is this fair play to players that don't choose to use it???
Nope nope and nope
B4 u say say I know how to do but choose not too
Just saying!!!!!!!!!
If you can't be bothered to read other peole's replies, I don't know why I should bother repling to you.
Killa explained it rather well, though.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 02:42:26 AM »
Is there going to be a poll about this some day?

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 04:02:13 AM »
Is there going to be a poll about this some day?
Maybe people should vote for the other hacks too ..? :S
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline DeaThq...

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 09:36:01 AM »
if it is removable then fine but if i remember right it isint... many guys have try get it quickswap away from game but dont make some no legal blaa blaa blaa 1/5 warning can play only 1 rnd and fly away because it comes so automatic

Offline ronski

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 09:56:10 AM »
When you look at it from user point of view, the suggested shake wouldnt be fair either. There are so many users of the bug who does it automatically without even thinking about it so their screen would shake like all the time. Removing it would be awesome, but adding shake and warnings (which I guess I even suggested :D ) to to the event would just cause another problem.

And still, don't say it's optional "you either choose to use it or not", when you have got used to use it, you cant get rid of it very easily. So either its there and its allowed to use, or its totally removed.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 12:01:30 PM »
Main target of this thread is to remove this bug completely, so guys please stop bitching about warnings, shakes etc.
As for those who "have got used to use it": they will have to learn to live without this 'advantage'.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 12:08:33 PM by NoBigDeal »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Bart!

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 12:17:47 PM »
Main target of this thread is to remove this bug completely, so guys please stop bitching about warnings, shakes etc.
As for those who "have got used to use it": they will have to learn to live without this 'advantage'.
Just wanted to say the same.
If they start shaking all the round, so be it, I am sure they can be conditionized to stop using it when they find out what triggers it ;).

Offline ronski

« Reply #37 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 12:33:08 PM »
Im not bitching about it, but I can see where it leads.

Offline Alex

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 15:05:23 PM »
Unless the enemy quickswaps...
Even then the rusher still has the advantage. Quick swap isn't exactly instantaneous. And the player has to register that you're rushing.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 15:39:04 PM »
If you can't be bothered to read other peole's replies, I don't know why I should bother repling to you.
Killa explained it rather well, though.

geez im fucking with u get a sense of humor lol

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 15:44:33 PM »
geez im fucking with u get a sense of humor lol
The first one seemed like it, the second not so much.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline aao25.com

• View Profile
  • AA: ????
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 16:45:49 PM »
I don't see how this is unfair.

Everyone has the possibility of doing it, and how to do it has been well documented. Plus your not altering the game or modifying game files. If you don't agree with it don't do it and move on. Theres really no reason for this to be a large topic.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 16:56:08 PM »
The first one seemed like it, the second not so much.

i love fuckn with u and killa

Offline Alex

« Reply #43 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 18:22:16 PM »
I don't see how this is unfair.

Everyone has the possibility of doing it, and how to do it has been well documented. Plus your not altering the game or modifying game files. If you don't agree with it don't do it and move on. Theres really no reason for this to be a large topic.
Everyone also has the possibility to hack. That's not a very good argument for keeping it. The bottom line is that it's something we would like to get rid of, but if it's not possible in any decent way (shake won't cut it here) then it will have to stay.

Offline aao25.com

• View Profile
  • AA: ????
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 19:35:06 PM »
Everyone also has the possibility to hack. That's not a very good argument for keeping it. The bottom line is that it's something we would like to get rid of, but if it's not possible in any decent way (shake won't cut it here) then it will have to stay.

I did say that your not altering the game or modifying game files. I thought that would be clear enough to distinguish between hacking and something like quickswap.

The "realism" argument isn't very good for getting rid of it either.

The America's Army concept was conceived in 1999 by Colonel Casey Wardynski; the Army's Chief Economist and Professor at the United States Military Academy. Wardynski envisioned "using computer game technology to provide the public a virtual Soldier experience that was engaging, informative and entertaining."

Nothing in that says realistic or implies that the game was created for realism. Just don't lose sight that this is a game for entertainment. Small things like quickswap make the game more engaging because it speeds up an already slow game without doing any real harm. You can die just as much using quickswap as you can without, but its the feeling of speed people are after.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager