Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Quickswap "bug"  (Read 7855 times)

Offline ronski

Re: Quickswap "bug"
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 04:03:54 AM »
The quickswap has a huge role in close combats where you can either throw quickly a flash or nade or if you run out of bullets you can take another loaded gun from your back and kill the guy who started loading his only weapon or taking another gun from his back with no quick action.

As a offtopic kind of side note still relating to fastswapping a flash, I've got deep scars from those who needs to throw everything they have before they have balls enough to attack a sniper or poor VIP. As much as I hate Bridge and Pipeline, I hate those freaking flashes :suck: :)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 07:02:17 AM »
The quickswap has a huge role in close combats where you can either throw quickly a flash or nade or if you run out of bullets you can take another loaded gun from your back and kill the guy who started loading his only weapon or taking another gun from his back with no quick action.

As a offtopic kind of side note still relating to fastswapping a flash, I've got deep scars from those who needs to throw everything they have before they have balls enough to attack a sniper or poor VIP. As much as I hate Bridge and Pipeline, I hate those freaking flashes :suck: :)

I like to flash everyone when I'm 'assaulting', and indeed the quickswap helps alot but waiting with a flash isn't something I'm gonna do so often.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 12:05:06 PM »
...and that is unfair...
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 13:14:48 PM »
I just hope that with quickswap doesnt happen what happened with some other features which the loud minority caused to be made differently affecting the quiet majority of players to be disappointed with aa and many leaving the game.

Just to mention couple of things: ppl whining on "bunny hopping", one or two server admins even kicked for it, and power of nades that whiners/noobs wanted to be less powerful because they died all the time. Now nades kill only from about 1 meter away which, I think, is very unrealistic and takes away huge part of enjoyable gameplay..it was so motivating when sometimes 3-5 players died by one nade.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 14:00:03 PM »
Simple fix 4 flashes,   suicide key bind lol

Fuck ur free flash kill, not on me butchhhhhh ahahhhh haha

But have to make key bind ever time I login in assist doesn't save it lol

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 14:06:20 PM »
Simple fix 4 flashes,   suicide key bind lol

Fuck ur free flash kill, not on me butchhhhhh ahahhhh haha

But have to make key bind ever time I login in assist doesn't save it lol
We actively discourage the use of a suicide keybind by deleting it automatically.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 15:25:17 PM »
We actively discourage the use of a suicide keybind by deleting it automatically.

Lol I actively discourage quick swapping guns .... but let's encourage it ahahhhhhhaahh

Also what's the big deal of having a suicide keybind?? It's not like having a advantage over players lmfao,,,,, some don't like being flashed and having there ringing in there ears

Sorry you left the door open for this sarcasm reply

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 15:30:21 PM »
What is the aim of aa2, it also depends on that. It cannot be realistic, if some1 wants more realistic game, theres for example aapg. Is aa2 ment to be fun in its own, original way? I think so.
Now nades kill only from about 1 meter away which, I think, is very unrealistic and takes away huge part of enjoyable gameplay...
You need to decide, you want this (some kind of) realism or not ...

Quickswap is extremely unrealistic - in the RL in such situations you will drop whatever you have in your hands.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Alex

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 15:37:30 PM »
Lol I actively discourage quick swapping guns .... but let's encourage it ahahhhhhhaahh
Not exactally sure what you mean here. We never encouraged quickswap.

Also what's the big deal of having a suicide keybind?? It's not like having a advantage over players lmfao,,,,, some don't like being flashed and having there ringing in there ears
It was easy to do so why not? Might as well make assholes have to type it in console or keep rebinding it.
I love when people suicide on a flash when they weren't going to be killed. It's the best. Suiciding on a flash is unsportsmanlike. You got flashed, you lost, let the guy get the kill.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 17:21:20 PM »
Not exactally sure what you mean here. We never encouraged quickswap.
It was easy to do so why not? Might as well make assholes have to type it in console or keep rebinding it.
I love when people suicide on a flash when they weren't going to be killed. It's the best. Suiciding on a flash is unsportsmanlike. You got flashed, you lost, let the guy get the kill.

lmfao new i get that type of respond from u
and hell no i won't give a easy kill, work for it
I play fair I don't need no advantage with the quick swap ahahahahahha

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 17:25:38 PM »
So if you fired a 203 or threw a frag and I was certain to die, yet managed to press the suicide keybind before doing so, you'd find it fair game?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 18:54:37 PM »
The game isn't just shooting people, it's using tactics and every weapon at your disposal to win. A flash is part of that arsenal. Stop looking at it like players shooting each other and more like a match of wits and luck in each encounter. Flashes are easily avoided if you know what you're doing and the enemy pulling one out can cause their death if you decide to rush in. On the surface it may seem lame AFTER you get flashed, but there is a lot of skill/luck involved before they decide the take it out and throw it.. Like I said, it's unsportsmanlike to suicide when you get flashed, and I loved the last time I played with you when you suicided after the enemy ran past you. :P

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 00:19:57 AM »
Lol killa

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 00:33:06 AM »
So if you fired a 203 or threw a frag and I was certain to die, yet managed to press the suicide keybind before doing so, you'd find it fair game?

Are talking about fair game now????

Cause using quick swap and what other bug suppose to be removed by assist,  Is this fair play to players that don't choose to use it???
Nope nope and nope
B4 u say say I know how to do but choose not too
Just saying!!!!!!!!!

Offline Alex

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, September 24, 2015, 01:02:47 AM »
Cause using quick swap and what other bug suppose to be removed by assist
Have you even read any of our replies in this thread? If quickswap could be "removed" it would be. However, we cannot do that. I went ahead and bolded "cannot" in case you missed it like the other posts we've made saying the same thing. The situation is a lot more complicated than "remove it." It can't be removed, we do not have the source code. There may be a workaround, Eliz is looking into it, but there's no promise of anything and it may not work as desired.
Thanks for telling us what Assist is supposed to remove though. You've been a big help.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager