Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: About flash grenade power and lasting effect.  (Read 10165 times)

Offline Shibby

Re: About flash grenade power and lasting effect.
« Reply #30 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 18:19:23 PM »
just face it without an proper competitive scene a game like this will never get interesting to be played.
Yes, and reducing the effect of flashes will make an influx of thousands new players. :D

I play AA since 2004 because AA is what it is. I think if someone prefer to play games such as COD, CS, BF or Quake, it will play COD, CS, BF or Quake even when we reduce the effect of flashes.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #31 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 19:46:06 PM »
Yes, and reducing the effect of flashes will make an influx of thousands new players.

Why is that? I fail to see why your opinion should be superior.

To put it simply: The reason for the flashbang duration change has not been demonstrated to be anything more than opinion. There are also those who have an opposing opinion. However, my position in this argument is simple: unless it is demonstrably clear that almost everyone here is in favor of this change, it is not worth the effort because, while certain people who share your opinion would be happy with the change, others would not.

This would result in fighting amongst players all over the forum, which is exactly what the admins are trying to avoid. There is no way you can prove that shortening the flash duration would bring a considerable amount of players to the game, and the same would be true if the scenario was opposite and people wanted to increase the duration because they felt it was too short. It's not about people's opinion, it's about making a risky change to a game mechanic that works just fine. The evidence for that is that a decent amount of people still play this game.

« Last Edit: Monday, December 03, 2012, 20:57:02 PM by MothaGoosE »

Offline Alex

« Reply #32 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 21:27:07 PM »
Why is that? I fail to see why your opinion should be superior.

To put it simply: The reason for the flashbang duration change has not been demonstrated to be anything more than opinion. There are also those who have an opposing opinion. However, my position in this argument is simple: unless it is demonstrably clear that almost everyone here is in favor of this change, it is not worth the effort because, while certain people who share your opinion would be happy with the change, others would not.

This would result in fighting amongst players all over the forum, which is exactly what the admins are trying to avoid. There is no way you can prove that shortening the flash duration would bring a considerable amount of players to the game, and the same would be true if the scenario was opposite and people wanted to increase the duration because they felt it was too short. It's not about people's opinion, it's about making a risky change to a game mechanic that works just fine. The evidence for that is that a decent amount of people still play this game.
I'm 80% sure he was being sarcastic.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #33 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 21:32:52 PM »
I think if someone prefer to play games such as COD, CS, BF or Quake, it will play COD, CS, BF or Quake even when we reduce the effect of flashes.
+ 1
would be cool if we can introduce some kind of poll in assist client, so we can gather it from the majority of players :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Mixk

Re: Re: Future of AAO25.com
« Reply #34 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 23:26:47 PM »
Fix? They're not broken. They work as they should.

Uh yes and no to that statement. I have been flashed towards the end of the round at least twice I can remember and the black screen and noise lasted through the end of that round and I was spawning in next round when the two stopped. Now thats a little over doing it as this is a game and not real life.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline marten77

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 04, 2012, 05:31:19 AM »
Flashes are too overpowered.Why did AA devs decreased the duration then in the next versions?Put it to 12 sec like in 2.8.5 and were all good because it is pretty annoying to be flashed the whole round

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 04, 2012, 05:42:18 AM »
because it is pretty annoying to be flashed the whole round

Specially when you are flashed by polak tidididi, right?

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 04, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »

100%...

--

It's just totally gay having to throw a flash to drop a kill in most situations since flashes are too OP. Most of the times you spot a guy both dudes will swap and toss a flash, FLASHFIGHT !
It's way more interesting to get someone in a 1v1 situation with your weapon and not a flash ^^ that's my point <
@_@

Offline Ganja

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 04, 2012, 13:07:43 PM »
If you're fast enough, just run to him and he'll flash himself too, and shoot him

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 04, 2012, 13:23:35 PM »
If you're fast enough, just run to him and he'll flash himself too, and shoot him

Many of those 1vs1 conditions happens mostly to solos, just get a mate along and you'll cover each other (as you should always do).

Offline Ganja

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, December 04, 2012, 14:43:43 PM »
Can"t actually believe we're still talking bout flashes ...
People have done alot of effort for the game to live again but now that the ammount of players is growing, just let things happen please, don't ruin everything

thanks

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, December 04, 2012, 18:27:06 PM »
lmao u dam noobs don't like being flashed, simply fix to that TYPE SUICIDE OR MAKE A KEYBIND FOR IT, I HAVE IT FOR THOSE PUSSIE FLASHES...................    CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, December 05, 2012, 02:36:39 AM »

Yeah, I see that now, my bad. At least I still got to make my point. :P

Offline Alex

« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, December 05, 2012, 02:40:44 AM »

It's just totally gay having to throw a flash to drop a kill in most situations since flashes are too OP. Most of the times you spot a guy both dudes will swap and toss a flash, FLASHFIGHT !
It's way more interesting to get someone in a 1v1 situation with your weapon and not a flash ^^ that's my point <
If you can't kill the player in the time it takes for them to pull out a flash you deserve to lose that fight.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, December 05, 2012, 02:46:35 AM »
If you can't kill the player in the time it takes for them to pull out a flash you deserve to lose that fight.

Besides, It's always so satisfying when you're flashed, all like "fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!" and you end up killing the motherfucker somehow. XD

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager