Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: About flash grenade power and lasting effect.  (Read 10243 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Re: Future of AAO25.com
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, December 02, 2012, 08:05:15 AM »
In 2.8.5 you could turn around to decrease its effects - not like in CS... but still, that was way better.
You can also turn around to decrease flash effects in 2.5, believe me.
Flashes never got useless... As Tidi said, they were kinda bugged outside (sometimes you would get flashed 1 sec^^), but it was still way better than 2.5 flashes. If it's possible, just do it ^^
In 2.8.5 if you were outside you could cook a flash off in your hand while leaning and not be flashed.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline MothaGoosE

Re: Re: Future of AAO25.com
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, December 02, 2012, 08:05:29 AM »
Flashes never got useless... As Tidi said, they were kinda bugged outside (sometimes you would get flashed 1 sec^^), but it was still way better than 2.5 flashes. If it's possible, just do it ^^

I understand that this change is something you want, but I'm pretty sure "A few of us want this, so change it and fuck what anyone else thinks" isn't an effective argument. Additionally, if the change was made, certain other people would push for it to be undone. There really is no point, and that means you're asking for the devs to put in a lot of work for precisely nothing. You need to look at the broader picture, not just what you want.

Offline @xe

Re: About flash grenade power and lasting effect.
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, December 02, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »
Yeah i know a lot of players would drop in frag rate if this was changed, they can't fight one on one they throw flashes as the first line of attack.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, December 02, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »
pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun _fDamageRadius *" IN 1000.000000
pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun _fKillRadius *" IN 150.000000
pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun _fEffectDuration *" IN 12.000000
pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun _fMaxAudIntensity *" IN 1.000000
pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun _fMaxVisIntensity *" IN 1.000000
pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun cExplosionEmitter *" include "Class'AGP_Effects.em_bt_flashbang'"

pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun _fDamageRadius *" IN 1000.000000
pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun _fKillRadius *" IN 150.000000
pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun _fEffectDuration *" IN 20.000000
pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun _fMaxAudIntensity *" IN 1.000000
pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun _fMaxVisIntensity *" IN 1.000000
pb_sv_cvar "Throw_M84_Stun cExplosionEmitter *" include "Class'AGP_Effects.em_bt_flashbang'"

nothing else changes, only the effect duration, wich is 8 seconds(?) longer in 2.5.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 02, 2012, 10:48:48 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline JunK

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, December 02, 2012, 12:41:38 PM »
Yeah i know a lot of players would drop in frag rate if this was changed, they can't fight one on one they throw flashes as the first line of attack.

That's right!

Offline Alex

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, December 02, 2012, 14:23:46 PM »
People will always find something to bitch about.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, December 02, 2012, 18:10:30 PM »
That's right!

Flashes exist to help soldiers clear rooms more safely. You have flashes too.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 01:52:35 AM »
Flashes exist to help soldiers clear rooms more safely. You have flashes too.
I agree. It's not like people who get flashed don't have flashes, everyone has them so IMHO it's equal that way.
Whether the effects should be longer or shorter, I don't know, but saying people who flash you are bad players is just odd...

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
« Reply #23 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 04:06:39 AM »
I'm not being selfish lol, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree to reduce the flash effect. If we did a poll we could see it - since devs don't seem willing to do it, I guess there's no point talking about it then :O
@_@

Offline Revelinio

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 10:23:07 AM »
I think some people are missing the point how reducing the effect of flashes would benefit the game play which would benefit in getting more players to play AA25.
To get this game back on track you would need a good competitive scene in my opinion. On some maps the length of the flashes benefits one team most, such as collapsed tunnel where assault has a big advantages because of the duration of the flashes.

Not only the competitive but also the public scene would benefit from the reduction of the duration. Just think about people who play different games such as CoD. When  they play AA the would get annoyed by the flashes which will make them not enjoying the game and won't play AA anymore.

To sum things up, look at the big picture and you will realize that the duration of the flashes is ridiculous. In 2.8.5 it was much better which improved the game play. 

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 12:56:10 PM »
I think some people are missing the point how reducing the effect of flashes would benefit the game play which would benefit in getting more players to play AA25.
To get this game back on track you would need a good competitive scene in my opinion. On some maps the length of the flashes benefits one team most, such as collapsed tunnel where assault has a big advantages because of the duration of the flashes.

Not only the competitive but also the public scene would benefit from the reduction of the duration. Just think about people who play different games such as CoD. When  they play AA the would get annoyed by the flashes which will make them not enjoying the game and won't play AA anymore.

To sum things up, look at the big picture and you will realize that the duration of the flashes is ridiculous. In 2.8.5 it was much better which improved the game play.

America's Army != Call of Duty

I actually play(ed) many other games than America's Army and the last thing i am concerned about are flashes. The things i am mostly concerned for are attitude and teamwork, period. So if i get to play with or against people who just throw flashes around without providing teamwork, i don't get concerned by flashes, but by how people play...

Sometimes I feel like the people in this community are only saying:

Except instead of saying "developers" they're saying "competitive".

yeap :) precisely
« Last Edit: Monday, December 03, 2012, 13:31:57 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #26 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 13:29:29 PM »
Sometimes I feel like the people in this community are only saying:

Except instead of saying "developers" they're saying "competitive".
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Revelinio

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 15:20:39 PM »
just face it without an proper competitive scene a game like this will never get interesting to be played.

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #28 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 15:22:57 PM »
Just needs lots of advertising. The fact that the game mechanics or guwd and its free.... it would be picked up yet again

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday, December 03, 2012, 16:48:51 PM »
Flashed work longer in this game than in other games, but gameplay is faster in other games' other areas as well. AA is just a different kind of game and I would hope most of us are here because of that (otherwise we'd all be playing COD or whatever). AA was built to be a bit slower and that's fine IMO. IMO it promotes teamwork: if you get flashed, good teamwork could save your life in this game.

Just what I think.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager