Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Random Spawn Points?  (Read 12930 times)

Offline Goncalo

• View Profile
  • AA: Goncalo
Re: Random Spawn Points?
« Reply #90 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 14:52:38 PM »
yes its important to hear the majority , but is it fair that people that play this game for a few time and dont really know how this works counts the same has the ppl that play this in years?  I dont think so. So the new players can just vote yea lets random spawn the game, its a cool word

Offline Alex

« Reply #91 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 15:10:16 PM »
I don't see random spawns ever getting implemented. There would be too much player backlash, even if the majority seems to want it. We can't afford to lose any players.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #92 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 15:15:16 PM »
I don't see random spawns ever getting implemented. There would be too much player backlash, even if the majority seems to want it. We can't afford to lose any players.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #93 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 15:16:42 PM »
Just saying that ''competitive players'' want competitive game, well easy kills and known stuff back from early stage shows what a real ''competitive player'' can do:D

Offline Goncalo

• View Profile
  • AA: Goncalo
« Reply #94 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 16:33:30 PM »
Just saying that ''competitive players'' want competitive game, well easy kills and known stuff back from early stage shows what a real ''competitive player'' can do:D
no bro, its better to play fragrate and battletracker ranks, sitting asses down waiting for kills, instead of playing like a man and go agressive

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 16:40:50 PM »
You must understand that at this stage it is important to agree with community/majority and move on. You're being disrespectful to everyone else who has voted for yes as in your opinion they are stupid and don't know how much it will change the game.
And you need to understand I disagree with you, and I don't pet niceley like you seem to do constantly.

It will change into good sided game, new tactics, more communication, more interesting game play, most of the cons are towards success than non success. Competitive players are against this, in my point of view my question is why? It would only bring challenge and more hard work put towards killing the enemy. All you denying of non success is that the maps are unbalanced. Creativity can balance them. We already seen what devs are capable of and this wouldn't be an option having a great team that we currently have. Competitive players don't want changes because they used to the same game play, used to easy kills as 203 nading, knowing locations, tweaking sound and so on. Yet not all competitive players agree with this, don't talk for them as you don't know the truth of other competitive players.
This "you are afraid of change because you will not be able to kill everyone as easy" is getting kinda irritating, and faulty. I will still be able to kill you just as easy, at the cost of nothing more than a change of direction of my gun. I'm not denying AA anyhting, nor it's players. Im trying to help the community understand that this would be a great mistake that would cost AA alot of players, hence it would die. If you think competitive playing is about who knows what, and what time to spam. I don't really see the point in discussing this further with you.

All point of this is to bring more fun to the game. 10 years this game had the same game play, and this wouldn't even change a game play, just a location where you spawn. Maybe that's why more people don't join because they are bored, I know spanky and he is bored of the current gameplay and there are more people who is with spanky. I have seen a lot of stuff in hospital, not a chance to pass the west wing entrance without being naded. People know timings when to nade. they know where the players going to go, what direction. Playing on HT server, everyone mostly using ts its hard to play. For beginners its really hard, thats not even a question, its a fact. It's like placing a noob against Ganja, sorry ganja but since you're a good player I put you in this sentence. All competitive players want the same, easy kills. Is this even a competitive player having no skills? Changing this into random spawns would show real skills, if you denying this means you are sticking with your option for now go as of not understanding everything that it would bring to the game.

We are all well aware at this point that you know spanky, you even have a signature in his honor, very cute and all that. The fact that you use your own point of view in the same sentence as hospital, which is one of the most time spammable maps (meaning 203 west wing at certain timestamps) is a good indicator of your understanding about pretty much anything about dynamics of diffrent tactics, playingstyle and adaptations in AA. Do you play any other FPS online game besides AA? If so, you'd know that there's implemented voice comms for public playing in every other big  FPS game out there, so this "IT'S HARD FOR A NEWBIE TO COME TO AA BECAUSE OF GHOSTING" is just utter bullshit. Sure, ganja is a good player, the one thing i don't disagree with. What we don't want, is easy kills. Jesus  man, who are you. We want challanges, hence we play competitive, we thrive in facing hard opponents with good aim, good sound and good comms. Im defenetly sticking to my opinion, one i know is the correct one. Facts will not change, randomize spawns and kill the competitive side, hence we leave. You are left with a hole where we were. And we all know how good the campaign of getting fresh blood into AA is going.,
[/quote]
« Last Edit: Monday, January 06, 2014, 17:00:55 PM by Ares »

Offline Bart!

« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, January 07, 2014, 02:40:18 AM »
I think the major problems of random spawns:

For pub play:
- It might give a balance issue sometimes
- You cater the people who used to play this game and come back for this experience, not for a  new experience.

Good things for pub play:
- Variation

For competitive play bad things:
- Balance issues are severe, every second delay or advantage you can get, we can turn into a severe (dis)advantage by locking the opposing team down totally.
- Current maps have done really well on balancing, and if they are defense sided, they can only turn more defense sided, or otherwise you'll just push defense back even further making it a very static game.
- Also competitive players like the game as it is now. It is way more difficult compared to CoD or BF, which we really like, but there should be a balance at both sides, since we play both sides.

Good things:
- I don't really see the need to do it, sure variation could be a good thing, but I think the fact that a small balance issue totally changes the way matches will go, I think the risk is not worth it.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, January 07, 2014, 02:43:18 AM »
I think the major problems of random spawns:

For pub play:
- It might give a balance issue sometimes
- You cater the people who used to play this game and come back for this experience, not for a  new experience.

Good things for pub play:
- Variation

For competitive play bad things:
- Balance issues are severe, every second delay or advantage you can get, we can turn into a severe (dis)advantage by locking the opposing team down totally.
- Current maps have done really well on balancing, and if they are defense sided, they can only turn more defense sided, or otherwise you'll just push defense back even further making it a very static game.
- Also competitive players like the game as it is now. It is way more difficult compared to CoD or BF, which we really like, but there should be a balance at both sides, since we play both sides.

Good things:
- I don't really see the need to do it, sure variation could be a good thing, but I think the fact that a small balance issue totally changes the way matches will go, I think the risk is not worth it.
This man speaks truth.

Offline 33plus77equal100

« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, January 07, 2014, 17:30:32 PM »
Please dont do ramdom spwans !

If the are bored they should play diffent maps, but look, they dont do it.

130 ppl play now, only 6 on a AA3 map, says a lot!

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, January 07, 2014, 18:12:39 PM »
better implement a side-switch after 6rnds like on tournament-mode or aa3. would be a good thing for all "def" and "frag"-whores and change the mentality...

Offline Bart!

« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, January 07, 2014, 18:24:09 PM »
better implement a side-switch after 6rnds like on tournament-mode or aa3. would be a good thing for all "def" and "frag"-whores and change the mentality...
That's something I do like a lot. it gives a bit of both sides to every player when they start a session.

Offline Alex

« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, January 07, 2014, 18:26:46 PM »
This would be great if possible.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, January 07, 2014, 18:30:10 PM »
Side changing sounds perfect. Would also make it a lot easier for newer players to stick around instead of getting killed by players who focus on one side of the map.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, January 08, 2014, 00:35:39 AM »

It would be epic to have a obliged mapswitch after 12 rounds. Because people playing 2000+ hours on a map don't really care to go one side or another, they'll beat the fuck of out of a new player :D

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, January 08, 2014, 02:20:10 AM »
It would be epic to have a obliged mapswitch after 12 rounds. Because people playing 2000+ hours on a map don't really care to go one side or another, they'll beat the fuck of out of a new player :D
For mapswitches to be possible they seriously need to fix the mapcrash, Frefixes for mapclusters "packages" which are editable for serveradmins would be awesome to implement if possible.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager