Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Random Spawn Points?  (Read 12934 times)

Offline Goncalo

• View Profile
  • AA: Goncalo
Re: Random Spawn Points?
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 19:24:30 PM »
Thanks for again reminding the essence of your writing here.

hide behind pc and talk big, bullying made you like this too bad

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 19:24:54 PM »
Thanks for again reminding the essence of your writing here.
Kissed and hugs old man. You really don't get it, do you.

Offline testerKB

• Bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 19:30:08 PM »
hide behind pc and talk big, bullying made you like this too bad

Kissed and hugs old man. You really don't get it, do you.

Two Competetive Pro players, protecting each other, "arm in arm". HOAH!

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 19:42:14 PM »
Two Competetive Pro players, protecting each other, "arm in arm". HOAH!
Since we both share the same views on this matter, which you still havent contributed to, ofcourse we "protect" eachother. We've known eachother for 5 years, go think of something good to write instead mate. Be the mature here, show us all how someone can change from being a little special man to something humble and respectful. This will be my last response to you, add me on facebook of pm me for further discussion about how sad we competitive players are, it's getting kinda dull. Sincerely. The pro player with friends.

Offline testerKB

• Bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 20:03:36 PM »
Since we both share the same views on this matter, which you still havent contributed to, ofcourse we "protect" eachother. We've known eachother for 5 years, go think of something good to write instead mate. Be the mature here, show us all how someone can change from being a little special man to something humble and respectful. This will be my last response to you, add me on facebook of pm me for further discussion about how sad we competitive players are, it's getting kinda dull. Sincerely. The pro player with friends.

I was winning AA trophies long before Facebook (and pros like u) existed. Thats why, if you want to contact me (for serious talk) you will have to use email.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 20:08:10 PM »
I was winning AA trophies long before Facebook (and pros like u) existed. Thats why, if you want to contact me (for serious talk) you will have to use email.
Yeah i figured you were gonna come brag about your AA chips, how far did you go in the program? The first day mark chip you get for attending the first AA meeting don't count. Don't lie.
Sorry but i just had to hit that smashball.

Offline testerKB

• Bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 20:09:58 PM »
Yeah i figured you were gonna come brag about your AA chips, how far did you go in the program? The first day mark chip you get for attending the first AA meeting don't count. Don't lie.
Sorry but i just had to hit that smashball.

As I said, use email or PM if you wanna talk about serious stuff. Facebook or forum spamming wont count.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 21:04:27 PM »
I think you are missing the point of this game, this is not an (Ares) game this is a Team (Ares) game, the main purpose will always be the objectives that's why people protect Vip's, cover prime obj etc etc, most of the maps are completely balanced, if you decided to randomise spawns you are just contribute to make assault/defense harder, and this will express not only in matches as it will in pubbing playing. Take the Hospital exemple the, B slot (turned into C) in Ambush is a huge advantage, you can quicky make the spam which have influence in all the game play, that's just a small change imagine if you decide to change spawns what it will do, and i'm telling this as a former competitive player and now as a mere pubber. Having sad that, please make your decision wisely, most of the maps are completely balanced lets keep them this way.

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #83 on: Sunday, January 05, 2014, 21:19:08 PM »
I think you are missing the point of this game, this is not an (Ares) game this is a Team (Ares) game, the main purpose will always be the objectives that's why people protect Vip's, cover prime obj etc etc, most of the maps are completely balanced, if you decided to randomise spawns you are just contribute to make assault/defense harder, and this will express not only in matches as it will in pubbing playing. Take the Hospital exemple the, B slot (turned into C) in Ambush is a huge advantage, you can quicky make the spam which have influence in all the game play, that's just a small change imagine if you decide to change spawns what it will do, and i'm telling this as a former competitive player and now as a mere pubber. Having sad that, please make your decision wisely, most of the maps are completely balanced lets keep them this way.
Exactly, I don't even see how you can do random spawns in 90% of the current maps without making it unfair.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 08:05:22 AM »
why is my name written into that, i don't get it.

Offline [K][K].pcqdbt

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 12:28:07 PM »
Apart from the drama, and noting that I voted "random spawn for AA3 maps only".

I think that adding more randomness would be a very exciting option. Because of obvious limitations, we can't have good quality, but completely random maps (and I think this is and will be true for any games for a long time). However imagine an FPS game where you have to fight in a completely unknown environment each round. Some very limited idea of this is already present in the game, think about the more-or-less random state of ew/ww doors in hospital.

Random spawn points, if implemented wisely, could add an extra aspect to the game. And because of the randomness, advantages/disadvantages would even out for the teams in consecutive rounds (note the word "wisely" in the prev sentence). Someone noted that bridge would become unfair with that, however I think that it's the best example where it would be useful. Random spawns in def hills/assault insertion area would invalidate a lot of spams, and you couldn't be sure which side's rushers are about to reach mid first.

And by random spawns, I think the devs meant random team spawns, and not random individual player spawns. Such as in extraction, where btw indeed there are very imbalanced spawn combinations.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #86 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 12:29:55 PM »
Well-said pcqdbt.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #87 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 12:47:04 PM »
I am not denying that random spawns and dynamic maps would be great, I am merely stating that I think the whole idea is too ambitious for what this game actually is. The only reason this game still has the players it does is because they want to come back and play the good old AA that they are used to. I think it would be great if it could work, but i feel it will backfire and people will leave.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 13:32:22 PM »
why is my name written into that, i don't get it.

You were pretty active in the discussion, and that's why i used the (), so people could replace you for anyone else.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #89 on: Monday, January 06, 2014, 14:27:24 PM »
If majority of voters said no, it wouldn't even be talked about. If majority came to forum denying this idea it wouldn't be talked about.

You must understand that at this stage it is important to agree with community/majority and move on. You're being disrespectful to everyone else who has voted for yes as in your opinion they are stupid and don't know how much it will change the game.

It will change into good sided game, new tactics, more communication, more interesting game play, most of the cons are towards success than non success. Competitive players are against this, in my point of view my question is why? It would only bring challenge and more hard work put towards killing the enemy. All you denying of non success is that the maps are unbalanced. Creativity can balance them. We already seen what devs are capable of and this wouldn't be an option having a great team that we currently have. Competitive players don't want changes because they used to the same game play, used to easy kills as 203 nading, knowing locations, tweaking sound and so on. Yet not all competitive players agree with this, don't talk for them as you don't know the truth of other competitive players.

All point of this is to bring more fun to the game. 10 years this game had the same game play, and this wouldn't even change a game play, just a location where you spawn. Maybe that's why more people don't join because they are bored, I know spanky and he is bored of the current gameplay and there are more people who is with spanky. I have seen a lot of stuff in hospital, not a chance to pass the west wing entrance without being naded. People know timings when to nade. they know where the players going to go, what direction. Playing on HT server, everyone mostly using ts its hard to play. For beginners its really hard, thats not even a question, its a fact. It's like placing a noob against Ganja, sorry ganja but since you're a good player I put you in this sentence. All competitive players want the same, easy kills. Is this even a competitive player having no skills? Changing this into random spawns would show real skills, if you denying this means you are sticking with your option for now go as of not understanding everything that it would bring to the game.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager