Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Suggestions for a better and wider partecipation of the players base  (Read 4525 times)

Offline ELiZ

Re: Suggestions for a better and wider partecipation of the players base
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 20:06:11 PM »
There's the problem right there Spank...It's always "I"VE" as in YOU that can't deal with it...There's more than YOU who are admins around here....Quit making decisions for the majority Spank!

Dav3 asked me to remove his account here on the forum.
But it's better just to let it be.

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 20:11:09 PM »

All good Eliz....  :up:

Offline Dialects

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 20:13:42 PM »
There's the problem right there Spank...It's always "I"VE" as in YOU that can't deal with it...There's more than YOU who are admins around here....Quit making decisions for the majority Spank!

We have all put up with Dav3's attitude. Not just Spanky.

It becomes an issue when attitude > ideals.

The ability to perceive defect is within us all. The ability to perceive effect is within those who desire.

There is no point in having great knowledge if you chose to retain it for your own keep.

This is utterly what defines a "Great User/Person" from a "Bad User/Person" within a community context.

"Responsibility is not without Knowledge. Knowledge is not without Responsibility."

/Dan
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 21:05:52 PM »

So you like his demanding, hateful, know-it-all, baseless complaints? You gotta be kidding me. If he's not complaining about the game, he's putting down someone or some group of people. It's 100% negative attitude. It's not just me that doesn't like it.

Again, I have no issue with someone not liking something, I accept that. But Dav3 has some kind of bitterness in life that must make him feel better to vent his personality/attitude the way he does. It goes way beyond disliking a feature in his posts.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, October 27, 2013, 21:17:58 PM »

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 05:05:17 AM »
Dav3 is a sharp person, this community needs the people like him. He is not affraid to speak something, I like this kind of people. He isn't pussy.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 06:00:29 AM »
Dav3 is a sharp person, this community needs the people like him. He is not affraid to speak something, I like this kind of people. He isn't pussy.
Although I agree that you should not be afraid to speak about something and you should speak out if you do not agree, it is about the way you bring it.

You can bring things diplomatically, bring it in discussion, give arguments for and against and use logical reasoning.
Another way is to talk down to everyone who does not agree.

Even if you are right, the second option is not the way to have people listening to you. Knowledge itself is not a skill, the way to bring this knowledge to a good use is.

In my opinion, he should work on that. The problem is that he is so much focused on the fact that he is right, that he will not look at other aspects anymore like how to bring this over onto others.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 16:34:53 PM »
Discussing things is all good but when your attitude is negative and argumentative with everything that comes out of their mouth it gets old damn quick.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 16:44:25 PM »
I've a question/suggestion - why don't players use the Assist ts3 server exclusively? People attracts people, no one would enter on a empty club, however if people join the Assist site and see the ts3 full, or at least with 15/20 players would have expression.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 17:11:09 PM »
That sounds like a good idea about ts. But what about the younger players and the drinkers that get to screaming and yelling and the people who decide to carry on non stop conversations when they are dead in game with no regard for those still alive and trying to play? Need to set it up so when you die you are auto switched to another channel. 
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 17:17:59 PM »
I'm not sure how big an issue it is, but with one TS (especially from an other continent and with a lot of traffic, which is suggested) there might be issues with latency.

And I believe people just like things that are their own. Every clan wants their own server both in the game and TS. (not that it's an ideal world, but that's the world we seem to live in)

And I think some clans still use ventrilo as well? (not 100% sure about this anymore).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 17:40:42 PM »
Of course it would have his problems like you guys said above and it should be very strictly moderated but on other hand since the community is so small it is pretty easy to ban or warn the player...

Offline zoxee

« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 17:43:14 PM »
there 1000 ppl a day who are using assist. decisions are base on polls of 20ppl

This thread is useless if you ask me. All those 1000 people currently using assist
know that there is a homepage and a forum, they downloaded assist from there.
The only problem is that they don't give a fuck about what is going on here, until
some weird critical error happens or they get banned because they fooled around
with sulfurous toys. If someone wants to come in here & read & post & argue & participate,
he needs to be interested and have a minimum of motivation because
all threads / answers here are not always very relevant but they belong together
as a whole, so one can understand the bigger picture of Assist's situation day by day.
I personally visit the forum every day since years, i'm not sure if any of those 1000 does the same.

So don't present the situation as if all those other players didn't have the right to come here.
Everyone can make an account and participate within seconds. But they just don't give a fuck.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 28, 2013, 20:48:43 PM »
Good ideas, should bring some spirit into community to be honest.

-  Why use ts?, ts brings lag and connection interrupts between you and the ts users. Why ELIZ don't make voice interfere inside the game/assist. Like in 2.8 you could talk just by pressing V button and so on as you would choose by default. As long as you've mic of course:) Ts would be only good for tournaments or for a hang out around clans/friends and private games.

- Implement voting poll into assist, as long as they are logged in they could vote and decisions would be made by the ''majority of players who play the game for real''.and not by ''only'' as we say forum users who doesn't play. You could also make an extra voting poll on forum if needed if the votes are too close each other. Also some stuff could be private as a poll discussions between admins and the answers of the poll, people shouldn't look at the majority voting but think their head and take the best option for himself and the game, in other words players shouldn't see the voting results as they are and same with the other votes.

- Implement more staff, trustable and active for daily use and who would visit the forum with strong infancy of doing his/her job in cleaning the forum. This would bring more discussions and more ideas between admins and the community. You may agree or deny but there should be an application section where the people of the forum could apply for staff position if there are any available with specific requirements. Also staff should discuss more within community and support their ideas and not ignore them as they may don't like the idea itself.

- Some donation ideas would be good, since you guys work for this game at your own free time without getting payed, it would be good with some special offers you would offer in within the game or forum, I think the logo in front of your name could be better, more interesting. I know many things can be thinked if you are motivated and have passion in earning some money for the project and making the game a bit more interesting.

- Some ideas on language here on the forum. I see a lot of swearing going on here, it would be good if the wroted stuff like ''fuck you'' could be marked as **** *** so we would minimum the need of swearing and users would be more used to speak clear and nice to other forum users.

This is only my opinion, I am trying to throw some ideas so the game could develop into the good shape and may not collapse any soon in upcoming years.

P.S ''zoxee'' You are wrong. If admins did something when people open assist for example, they have to read the read me through to play the game. I would agree if they were forced to vote and participate on the forum as well as in the game. I think every user could register on the forum to play, this way we would bring more people into forum but it has also disadvantageous such as time and laziness. Many things can be thinked off , just time and passion will do it and of course the participation. Hooah.

I wouldn't mind if this was intended into the new thread with suggestions:)
« Last Edit: Monday, October 28, 2013, 20:53:51 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager