Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Ping in F1  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Pipez0r

Ping in F1
« on: Saturday, October 03, 2015, 17:35:44 PM »
Im wondering why people are asking their ping from others, while others see 4x less than reality and you see yourself the correct, and in assist server browser you see it correctly. Who has 4 ping really in aa server? I have that ping just after my router.

I remember the time when high pingers were kicked, and devs made in one patch that pings were not anymore showing the correct, and max ping you could see was 250.

I see my correct ping in F1, others see 4x less so its false. Its annoying how people always ask whats their ping and they dont believe that its incorrect what others see.

Offline Bart!

Re: Ping in F1
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 03, 2015, 18:17:05 PM »
You are correct, I dont know why others ask though.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 03:10:06 AM »
Yeah, its sometimes just annoying, when someone asks their ping and I tell them to check it at F1, then they say its incorrect, and I explain it (again and again) and nobody seems to believe, once someone even thought Im stupid because Im wrong and still explaining. I tell ppl to check from assist  browser if they dont believe me, or even using tracert xx.xx.xx.xx (IP) to check it if the ping is really 10-20 or 40-80.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 03:24:03 AM »
I'm fairly certain that people ask this because this way it's easier to compare it to what they see as other people's pings.

<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 03:49:45 AM »
At least many people seem to believe its the correct ping. Its the bad side in that what devs changed in it, but good side is less kicks for high ping. I saw a guy whose ping was about 200 in reality, but it showed 50 and nobody thought he is a high pinger. Once someones ping was 80, and people thought its a high ping (oh yeah, 80x4 is high )

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 03:51:47 AM »
Yea its wysiwyg and you need to multiply others pings with four. Some keeps telling for those who asks their ping to press F11, my mac has other functions on F1-F12 and im too lazy to turn them off while playing, so I don't know what actually happens from the button, are there some sort of stats listed?

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 04:35:19 AM »
F1 -  players info with pings and sides. F2 - weapon select. F3 - team select. F4 - minimap maximize/minimize etc.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 04:37:01 AM »
F11 is maybe the same than console  command stat net. It gives detailed info about the connection.

Offline Infinity

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 06:02:33 AM »
imo they ask it to show people that they're playing bad because they're "lagging"

Offline ronski

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 07:13:54 AM »
imo they ask it to show people that they're playing bad because they're "lagging"
lol this might be so true

Offline Infinity

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 07:17:29 AM »
lol this might be so true

It is true... thanks to that "reason" they have a "legitimate" excuse.

To know your ping you can easily divide by 4 or whatever so there is no point in asking.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 07:24:33 AM »
Infinity, you missed the point. You see your real ping in F1 or at least nearly. If you want to know other peoples ping, multiply them with 4.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 07:27:34 AM »
As I have said, the next server after my router, which is nearest server of my ISP, has higher ping than some people have in F1. Assist server browser also shows the correct ping, as well as F1 only for yourself.

Original AA devs made it so to reduce kicks for high pingers.

Offline Infinity

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 07:47:36 AM »
I know what you mean pipezor.

What I am stating is the 'WHY' people ask for their ping when they can easily know it.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, October 04, 2015, 07:50:16 AM »
Well, To know your ping you can easily divide by 4 or whatever so there is no point in asking.

just thought so because of this above sentence of yours.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager