Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Site/Community Ideas  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Saltuarius

Site/Community Ideas
« on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 18:00:22 PM »
just some input, dont be offended. but
your post should actually be a news on the frontpage.
the basis for a strong healthy community and rising players is a good community page with regular news (about the dev-things and community related news), information/boot camp for new players, events for  fun-players, help for recruiting/clanbuilding and funwars, good integrated competition and other things i dont think about....
in my opinion this page is mainly a dev-forum with its own community. there is a large forum, but only 2 small sections for aa2. front-page is mainly shout-box for a few interested. a lot of information in the forum, but spread all over the place and difficult 2 find. not really the best base for rebuilding the community.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Site/Community Ideas
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 18:07:59 PM »
I split your post from the original thread because I feel this needs to be talked about more.

I've hit a wall as far as forum organization. I know it can be better, I'm just not sure how to organize things properly. This site was originally just a place for a few of us to gather and hang out and bullshit about things. It's since been turned into the main forums for Assist and mAAp (which used to have a separate website/forum).

There is a news/FrontPage feature to TinyPortal but I can't figure out how it works, it doesn't show up anywhere. I think this theme is nice but it makes the front page crowded with all of the information that needs to be shared.

There definitely needs to be changes, I'm glad someone finally brought this up.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 18:43:29 PM »
More members. I try to drop the URL when I leave servers sometimes but I personally want these forums to have all the positives of DRAAT without the bullshit. It seems to be organized well but I wish I could have something new to post every time I came to the site. That's the biggest thing for me.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 18:43:53 PM »
Yeah lemmie repeat something Spanky said because most people will miss it. The site started out as a hang out place for a couple of us where we worked on random stuff. Thats why theres a bunch of boards like hardware, software, art lounge, audio, etc. Then when AA came up to speed, we kept using the forum as it was before. Just a place where we hang out and do small development.

So yeah, that is going to need to change/upgrade.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 20:50:22 PM »
I spent a little time just now trying to re-organize a bit and make the main forum page smaller with more emphasis on moving Assist up in the list. It could be better than it is but I think it's improved.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 27, 2012, 20:55:15 PM »
Jared's League site has the right idea. But we need to reform the main page and such. It'd probably be best to start over keeping the Assist/AA stuff, but I wouldn't want to lose all of our old posts and threads from when it was Headshot.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 01, 2012, 16:54:49 PM »
good thing, that my post got recognized. in my opinion the most urgent thing is, that u get a good newsportal, where u can regularly inform the community about new things, actual problems etc.
maybe u could recruit some ppl to help u...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager