Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: New Authorization Server  (Read 11848 times)

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New Authorization Server
« Reply #15 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 16:25:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure if that were the case, we would also have the ability to modify honor stats.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 16:28:05 PM »
I would vote to keep honor irrelevant or keep everybody at 10.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 16:29:16 PM »
I would vote to keep honor irrelevant or keep everybody at 10.
But I'm so close to 80. :(  :P  It's not like honor did anything anyways, besides give you a better position to select a weapon.

Jared

« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 16:48:16 PM »
If we had control it would be cool to do like the cod honor system reach 100 reset get a neato icon

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 16:50:30 PM »
If we had control it would be cool to do like the cod honor system reach 100 reset get a neato icon

I'm cool with that and fresh starting everyone at 10. Or might as well start everyone at 1 honor for shits and giggles.

Jonnym

« Reply #20 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 17:04:03 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of when someone creates a new account they also submit a Honor Claim, which gets e-mailed to a mailbox and someone from our team reviews this claim to see if its resonable, Like look at the players history on the trackers to asses if its valid or not.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #21 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 17:24:11 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of when someone creates a new account they also submit a Honor Claim, which gets e-mailed to a mailbox and someone from our team reviews this claim to see if its resonable, Like look at the players history on the trackers to asses if its valid or not.

As much as I hate honor, this is the most reasonable.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jared

« Reply #22 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 23:40:50 PM »
Would that keep people from joining I would really just reset it to some number that system would be really dependent on people to read emails update the player list ect. The more automated the system the better

Sry for typos done on iphone

Jonnym

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 03:39:42 AM »
they would join instantly as 10 honor, we would then update the honor level manually when someone got round to reading it.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 06:28:16 AM »
As much as I hate honor, this is the most reasonable.

Battletracker had honour points information up to a month or so ago, it was discarded but they used to track that too (they tracked the pure honour level and even the points still needed for reaching the next level, but the latter wasn't tracked precisely imho).

Offline -GrAz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 06:57:03 AM »
They still have the Info of People's honor just not showing it(battle tracker). Sure it would be simple enough to grab that of them even if with a polite email.

Offline RSJohnson

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 08:34:17 AM »
In my opinion it would be a pity if training is not included anymore. It ad's a realistic flavor to the game, especially  for beginners...

But it seems to be a problem to just have the same functionality in this new system as the game used to have?

Looking forward to see it all being build up...

Grts

RSJohnson
"He who conquers others is strong, he who conquers himself is mighty"

(Lau Ze 500 BC)

Offline Homey[GER]

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 10:16:27 AM »
Hey there,

its homey from battletracker (formerly knows as aaotracker). Just wanted to drop a line here and say that I am looking forward to your progress with 2.5 Assists and if you need some help, just let me know!

As you might know, before the Army shut down the Auth-System we were already working on bringing the old aaotracker.com website back, but have stopped working on it after we heared that auth will get shut down.

So just a suggestion: we could still bring the old website back and probably we could also use our aaotracker database for your new auth system. We have most players and their stats in our database anyway so people could continue playing with their stats that they had before auth got shut down. They could then simply login into the game with their aaotracker login. We also had some very nice uMods for stats tracking in 2.5 that could get included in aao servers so that they report very detailed and accurate statistics after each round on a server. That was really cool but we had to remove it because the army did not like those uMods and disabled them a verion later anyway.

Like said: Just doing some brainstorming.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 10:18:19 AM by Homey[GER] »

Jonnym

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 10:36:57 AM »
Yes, this will save me making a database of user accounts and tracking stats myself and making our own website..
I think a good place to start is to set-up a link between the assist master server and your accounts database. Give me a PM and we will start discussing it.

Offline Homey[GER]

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, December 31, 2011, 10:41:29 AM »
sounds good! looking forward to work together with you!

But I am off for today and celebrating new-year party. Let's discuss it next year  ;D

BTW: And for sure: Happy new year party everyone!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager