Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Mywwig.com and AA025.com Tournaments  (Read 8620 times)

Offline eKC0mm

Re: Mywwig.com and AA025.com Tournaments
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 02:47:34 AM »
Skill not luck!

Yep, you guys haven't changed a bit.

Non-Sense will not be participating in these events if shooting 203's into a window and throwing nades down a hall way is considered luck and therefore against the rules.

Good luck with your tournament.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline -snap.iog-

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 05:23:20 AM »
The site is impossible to operate. Registering a roster has taken me forever and it still isnt showing...

What are the prizes for these tournaments?

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
  • AA: k!cker
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 14:06:37 PM »
Most wack rules I've ever seen

The following Rules and Requirements are to insure a fair and enjoyable tournament for all who participate:
1. Have fun and Enjoy yourselves!
Tournament Basics
2. Clans should experience playing AA in Tournament Mode prior to engaging in a Tournament. Please review the “Team Leader” functions before the tournament. If your clan does not have its own server and you are unfamiliar with Tournament Mode, please contact an WWIG tournament leader to arrange for a demonstration prior to the tournament night.
3. A maximum of 16 Clans can participate in each Tournament. The first 16 Clans registered for a Tournament have priority for that Tournament. All other Clans who register are on a first-come first-served basis as room permits.
4. Clan Leaders are required to register their Clan no later than 8 hours prior to a Tournament. Individual clan members are not required to register. Clans not registered prior to a Tournament are entered only if room permits.
5. Clans who are registered must use the “Check-in” function of the tournamentsbyeck.com website no later than 30 minutes prior to the Tournament. Clans that have not Checked in 30 minutes prior may be replaced by another Clan.
6. The Team Captain is responsible for their Clan members. Tournament Hosts will communicate any instructions or problems with this individual only. It is the Captains responsibility to communicate all instructions to his or her team prior to the start of the tournament.
7. All Members of a Clan must be listed in Battle Tracker.com Tracker as a member. This will be verified by a Tournament Host. Players who are not listed will be asked to leave the Tournament, as well as the rest of the clan playing with them.
8. All Tournament matches will only be played on one of the eight +EcK+ hosted servers. No exceptions to this.
TeamSpeak
9. All players MUST be in +EcK+’s TeamSpeak to participate in the tournament. EcK TeamSpeak’s address is 64.31.47.246:10003 . Please wear your clan tags into TeamSpeak so we can place you in the appropriate channel. You must block whispers during the matches. No secondary Communications programs running during tournaments play.
10. Clans must be in WWIG’s TeamSpeak 30 minutes prior to starting time for directions, house rules, etc. Clans not in TeamSpeak may be replaced by another Clan.
11. Each Clan must choose a Team Captain. This Captain must notify a Tournament Host as soon a possible upon entering TeamSpeak. The Captain will be given Registration Rights in WWIG’s TeamSpeak. This will allow the captain to report any issues that may arise. The Captain will then post their clans tracker ID to the tournament host.
12. Clan’s are permitted to have extra players in their TS Channel. All players not playing in the server during Tournament Play MUST have their mics muted via the TeamSpeak controls, not just the button on the microphone.
13. Dead players may not talk in TeamSpeak. This will be monitored by Tournament Hosts. Any player found talking after his/her death will be ruled as Ghosting. The penalties for ghost may include disqualification from the Tournament.
14. While you are allowed to have extra players in TeamSpeak, please ask your Clan Mates to refrain from repeatedly entering and leaving. The constant cycling of “Member Joined” messages detracts from the game. Clan Mates not in play must mute their Mikes.
15. All reserve players must be in TeamSpeak prior to Playing. The Tournament will not be placed on hold awaiting a player to enter TeamSpeak. If a player enters TeamSpeak after the tournament has begun, they must provide their personal Tracker id to a GOL or GOA before entering their clan channel.
The Specifics of Play
16. The Web Site host computer will randomly place the Clans on the bracket page upon the start of the tournament. Each Team will receive a match com in an email. The match come will indicate the Home team, Away team and the server IP the match will be playing on, The Home team will enter the server on the Assault side and the Away team will enter the server on the Defense side.
17. When a Match COM has been assigned a server, the clans assigned have 5 minutes to enter the server and start play.
18. During the Planning periods of the Match, the Team Captains shall click the ready button to start play. (Running around and shooting is prohibited) If your team needs this time to plan or bring in a sub, please do so, but if not help shorten the Tournament by clicking on the “Ready” button.
19. If a player leaves the game because of a computer issue, the Captains must pause the game for up to 5 minutes before the round ends. This will allow the player to rejoin the game after the round. If the above occurs before a death of any player the round will be replayed. If the above occurs after a death of any player the round will continue and the player can join after the current round has completed. The Team Captain must report to the opposing Captain there is a problem and please pause the game. The Captains must accomplish this in TeamSpeak by going to the opposing clan’s channel A.S.A.P.
20. Server Problems: In the event of a problem with the server, Team Member didn’t spawn with a gun or any other spawn glitches, the Team Captain must go to the opposing Team’s TeamSpeak channel, and report the problem. Everyone in the game server must stop. That means no one should fire their weapon or continue moving in the server. If a player kills an opponent or teammate during the hold, or causes his own death, this player is suspended from play during the replay round. The round must be replayed.
21. Substitutions can only be made prior to the start of the match or during Halftime, the period between the changes of sides.
22. After a Match is completed the team Captains must report their Losses OR Victories to the Tournament Host in the Tournament Briefing/Support Section of TeamSpeak.
23. All Players must exit the game server upon completion of each match so it can be reset.
24. The Tournaments Hosts are here to help you with any problems. In game disagreements must be brought to the attention of the Tournament Host as soon as possible. Don’t hold off until the end of the Match to report any problem. The Tournament Hosts are on Stand By in the Tournament Briefing/Support of TeamSpeak.
25. Clans may have two teams in a Tournament if space is available. A Member can only be on one team for the duration of the entire tournament, even if his/her team is eliminated first.
Anti-Cheat Protection
26. All Tournament Rules server rules will be enforced.
27. WWIG is a member of ACI, AASA and AON. Our servers may run CVARs or MD5 checks from any of those anti-cheat groups at our discretion. Different tournament servers may be running a variety of packages. We also run all three group’s ban lists and check screen shots during and after tournaments.
28. Our rules on this are very clear, “No Cheating of any Kind!” This includes any use of hacks, exploits and/or secondary programs. Infractions may result in penalties including permanent suspension from any WWIG or EcK event and servers.
Dispute Resolution
29. All rulings by the Tournament Hosts are final during any Tournament. However, Clan Captains (and Clan Captains only) may request reconsideration of a ruling from the leadership of WWIG or EcK. You can find the Leaders listed in the TeamSpeak Tournament Briefing/Support Section. They will be visible on the right side of TeamSpeak. Captains may request reconsideration in writing only. This can be done by sending a private message to the Leaders above, or by emailing them.

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 14:31:13 PM »
7. All Members of a Clan must be listed in Battle Tracker.com Tracker as a member. This will be verified by a Tournament Host. Players who are not listed will be asked to leave the Tournament, as well as the rest of the clan playing with them.

Unnecessary and a headache. Whats the point?

13. Dead players may not talk in TeamSpeak. This will be monitored by Tournament Hosts. Any player found talking after his/her death will be ruled as Ghosting. The penalties for ghost may include disqualification from the Tournament.

lol

18. During the Planning periods of the Match, the Team Captains shall click the ready button to start play. (Running around and shooting is prohibited) If your team needs this time to plan or bring in a sub, please do so, but if not help shorten the Tournament by clicking on the “Ready” button.

The whole point of mission planning is to run around and cache the map. Shooting, throwing smokes helps with this.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline +EcK+ronhigh

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 14:57:30 PM »

First off please read the rules before making any statements.  We have made some changes to the rules.  Nade and 203 rules are not in the rules. 

I love this game and wanted to support it.  I am trying to give the gamers who love this game some support with competitions. It would be nice to have some support from the gamers. This is a dying game and it’s not like before, so we need to work together. Come join us and have fun this is what this is all about.

To create a team:
First: create an account. Second: log in and click on the team’s link at the top of the page. Third: click on create a team and fill in the needed information. Forth: give the gamers the team name and password for them to join.
To register your team on a competition, leaders should click on the aa 2.5 link at the top of the XPL site page.  Then click on the » Register Team « link.  Only the leaders can register a team for a competition.
Gamers join the site and click on the teams, find the team name and click on it.  Then click on join the team on the upper right side of the page.  Put in the team password and you’re done.

If you need any help, please submit a support ticket and our staff will help you.  You can also log onto the mywwig.com Team Speak for help.  64.31.47.246:10003. People in ts with wwig in front of their names will help you.

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 15:15:41 PM »
Pretty safe to say simply amending rules 7, 13 and 18 will help support this tournament.

EDIT: At least the servers are in NY, thats tah BEST.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 15:37:36 PM »
Lets just say .neXus will not be participating.

Offline +EcK+ronhigh

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 16:27:12 PM »
I can’t believe how negative some of you are.  How about working with us and give us what you think the rules should be.  We want this to work for everyone.

It is easier to tear down and bitch, than jump in and help make things better for everyone.  How about some maturity and give your recommendation or am I just spitting in the wind and should forget aa 2.5. and move on.  I am doing this for the AA community. 

Offline eKC0mm

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 17:30:36 PM »
I can’t believe how negative some of you are.  How about working with us and give us what you think the rules should be.  We want this to work for everyone.

I posted on EcK forms a LONG time ago with suggested changes and was completely ignored.

In the past you haven't given a rats ass about what I thought. If you want to listen now then I'll more than happily work with you on some of the rules. I'm sure Kicker and snap also have good, constructive input as well.

Not to mention the three of us represent three teams that would probably enjoy playing your tournaments if the rules are reasonable. Were not being negative, we just like to play matches the good old simple way, without tons of rules and pointless formalities.

« Last Edit: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 17:33:52 PM by eKC0mm »
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 17:38:23 PM »
I posted on EcK forms a LONG time ago with suggested changes and was completely ignored.

In the past you haven't given a rats ass about what I thought. If you want to listen now then I'll more than happily work with you on some of the rules. I'm sure Kicker and snap also have good, constructive input as well.

Not to mention the three of us represent three teams that would probably enjoy playing your tournaments if the rules are reasonable. Were not being negative, we just like to play matches the good old simple way, without tons of rules and pointless formalities.

I'd have to agree with Ek on this. We are a pretty small community compared to what it used to be so there's really no need for all the bickering back and forth first off. Second off lets work together on this to make it fun and enjoyable for all parties involved.

Why not just snag the rules from TWL and apply then to your tourney? Nobody has any issues with TWL rules as far as I know. Just use their rules as a base and make modifications if they need to be done?
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline +EcK+ronhigh

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 17:54:57 PM »
I just want this to work.  Most of the old +EcK+ guys are gone.  I am the owner of mywwig.com and was also a member of eck.  The main guy that did the rules for eck is gone. So lets get this going.  I am like you I just want to kill people.

Offline +EcK+ronhigh

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 17:56:37 PM »
PS:  if someone can send me the TWL rules I will change our rules.  [email protected]

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 17:57:32 PM »
Aright this is a start :)

Like I said TWL Tourney rules would be a good base to go off of for times and all that good stuff. As far as nade rules. I dont see a use for them. There really isn't a way to prevent ghosting fully so you kind of just have to trust who is playing. With the teams that exist now I don't see ghosting being an issue.

http://teamwarfare.com/rules.asp?set=Oceanic+4v4+Open+League

^^Theres a link to the 4v4 league rules from twl.
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline k!cker

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 17:58:41 PM »
I just want this to work.  Most of the old +EcK+ guys are gone.  I am the owner of mywwig.com and was also a member of eck.  The main guy that did the rules for eck is gone. So lets get this going.  I am like you I just want to kill people.

Sorry for judging before I knew what this was all about but my opinion was based on hearing from one person's past experiences (ekC0mm). Lol so anyways if this tourny could be a bit more simplified as a TWL match this would be cool with me.

Offline +EcK+ronhigh

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, July 08, 2012, 18:20:15 PM »
People need to create a team.  My goal was once we have team leaders, I can communicate better with gamers who are going to participate.  Leaders of teams will have a huge say on how thing are run.  Majority rules will be what make decisions on how things are going to be run. So the best thing is join make a team and come to any meetings we have in ts or communicate in our aa forums.  I am only going to let team playing in the tournaments have a say on how things are done.
I have no problems spending money on servers for the tournaments.  We could have leagues and ladders if gamers want it.  This all depends on participation.
Thanks and I hope all come and support this.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager