Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: My Army Icon?  (Read 10057 times)

Offline ^Soldier[NG]

My Army Icon?
« on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 15:47:37 PM »
I was wondering if there was any way I can get my Army icon back?

Back in 2.8.5 I just had to enter in my @us.army.mil email and confirm it, can I still do that?

Thanks

Offline Alex

Re: My Army Icon?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 15:51:56 PM »
Unfortunately, no. Everything account related is handled by battletracker and the few icon we have are for server admins,donators, etc. It would definitely be possible to do it, I'm just not sure if anyone is willing to.

Offline ^Soldier[NG]

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 16:02:35 PM »
Well I figure I would have horrible luck getting it from them so Ill just say forget about it haha

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 16:06:28 PM »
Well I figure I would have horrible luck getting it from them so Ill just say forget about it haha
Yeah, we would need battletracker to track military emails and give out icons accordingly. Definitely possible, I'm just not sure how active they are over there though.

Offline GoD-ICA-

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 16:12:04 PM »
Cant he prove to you guys by sending an email from his gov email? You have control over in game icons, do you not?
<< lol @ Spell Check Button

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 16:17:14 PM »
Cant he prove to you guys by sending an email from his gov email? You have control over in game icons, do you not?
We do, but we don't currently have a U.S. Army in-game icon set up. All that was lost when the official auth went down. We would need pit to add it, which shouldn't be that hard. I guess we could take requests, we already do it for honor.

Offline ^Soldier[NG]

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 16:30:04 PM »
We do, but we don't currently have a U.S. Army in-game icon set up. All that was lost when the official auth went down. We would need pit to add it, which shouldn't be that hard. I guess we could take requests, we already do it for honor.

That would be great I would love to have it back haha

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 16:30:59 PM »
Why don't you PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you an e-mail (so we can verify you have access to it) and then you can help me test the various icons to see which is the Active Service one or whatever it's called.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 16:47:43 PM »
I'm trying to find a list of the in-game military icons but I'm not having much luck.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 16:59:07 PM »
I'm trying to find a list of the in-game military icons but I'm not having much luck.

Don't worry. Once we verify his e-mail, we'll give him icons and have him report back which are which since I'm too lazy and careless to open the game and check myself.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 17:21:33 PM »
Since we already started assigning different meanings to the icons (and may also come up with some further uses), I understand we should only have single icon used for 'active duty', not different icons for different duty types (like originally), right?

Offline Alex

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 17:32:41 PM »
Since we already started assigning different meanings to the icons (and may also come up with some further uses), I understand we should only have single icon used for 'active duty', not different icons for different duty types (like originally), right?
That's what I was thinking. We should also give one for veteran. So just two icons for military active and veteran.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 17:36:02 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 18:03:03 PM »
That's what I was thinking. We should also give one for veteran. So just two icons for military active and veteran.

I'd start with one. There aren't that many left, so maybe it's better to save them for other purposes, like e.g. the medals assigned in competitions (I already wrote about it in some other topic).

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 18:37:44 PM »
And when we will want to add special 'veteran' icon, let's just reuse the current 'AA veteran' icon, as it is redundant and mostly useless (100+ honor speaks for itself).

« Last Edit: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 18:53:37 PM by pit-23 »

Offline Alex

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 19:42:07 PM »
And when we will want to add special 'veteran' icon, let's just reuse the current 'AA veteran' icon, as it is redundant and mostly useless (100+ honor speaks for itself).
I like that idea. I never liked how you got an icon for being 100 honor.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager