Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Should this servers be allowed?

I don't mind...
1616 (64.1%)
That's not America's Army, they should not track!!!
322 (12.8%)
Well, i kinda like them, there should be more of them...
582 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Modified Servers  (Read 5302 times)

Offline Ru$tY.

• View Profile
    • eleganceinviolenceclan.com
Re: Modified Servers
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 01:51:50 AM »
I think Random Mod itself is not changing much actually. I think on the long run it's should be equal for everyone hence everyone should have the same chances of getting a certain gun.
What makes the differnce in my opinion is how unbalanced the side are in certain maps.

I guess a lot people knows that on Bridge defense has a huge advatage.
Even when I said before with Random Mod or Random FC it's should be equal over the long run but now, because of the advatage defense has, that changes. Taking into account that on a full server on average 4 or 3 people usually get the G it's get a lot harder now for assault. It's not easy if you have  to face around 20 nades every round, especially on a side where people can easily hide and just need to wait for the enemy to show up.

SF Mod for instance, which a lot people think is one of the more fair mods. Which I think it's not.
Imagine 20 players on a Bridge server, 10 players on each side, equals 20 nades on defense.
Good luck assault! If all of them just save the nades for the end game rather using them for drop shots, assault would almost never have a chance. There is a reason why a lot of players just tend to play SF Bridge and only join defense.

I also would rather count on the old school players prefering normal guns, which I see now coming back almost every day, especially old school Bridge players, which definitely didn't came back to play again only on modded server, than to attract new players with crazy mods. I think a lot of them just heared it's possible again to play on a full normal gun Bridge server, like in the old days and thats why they try A*A again. But I'm afraid of that they might see it get's harder and harder to fill a normal gun server, so they just give up again and don't play.

So in my opinion all the modded server should be non honor and not tracked.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 03:07:32 AM »
imo, anything that is not a type of "cheat" like huge ammount of points & etc should be allowed, its up to the players to choose how they want to play.

and my opnion its extensive, i just cant express all.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Ru$tY.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 03:14:36 AM »
assault spawn to defence arch usually kills half of defence in a public server
I wish it would be like that... lol

Playing against excellent Bridge players trying to play serious or just some good def hoes which know how easy it can be to avoid spam or drop shots and of cource who knows exactly how to use the nades to there advatage would change your oppionion very quickly.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 04, 2012, 03:43:43 AM by Ru$tY. »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 06:42:04 AM »
You should make a clear difference o bridge crossing between the noobcamper and the profraghoecapmperS. But I'm not going into the most stupid argument of AA " It's easy for def cauz they have this cauz they have that" that mentality ruined the game, now we got both sides camping. Yes assault is hard when def hardcamps but in my view if u have teamwork, assault is more easy than defence, even with sf.

And finally like it's mentionned before, u enter a server, u choose to play there so don't complain. If u want oldscool go oldscool but let us play fun mods or whatever.

And btw I guess there are as many oldscool players coming back as old players coming for mods.

Offline Ru$tY.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 08:27:11 AM »
You should make a clear difference o bridge crossing between the noobcamper and the profraghoecapmperS. But I'm not going into the most stupid argument of AA " It's easy for def cauz they have this cauz they have that" that mentality ruined the game, now we got both sides camping. Yes assault is hard when def hardcamps but in my view if u have teamwork, assault is more easy than defence, even with sf.

Well, this topic is not about tactics or whatsoever but that's just ridiculous what you're saying.

I'm not sure if you're now just trying to troll or if you're only trying pretend to know what you're talking about.
You never played against any competitive nor smart playing defense team using teamspeak so far, and even a random group of experienced players would be hard to beat. It's so funny to see this always coming from  people who mainly play only on SF Bridge and on defense. Don't get me wrong I'm not judging you, play like you prefer but do really think based on your server and side preference you are the right guy to know how difficult it can be to play assault sometimes, even more with a lot of weak players on your team.

You're probably one of these guys who, when they do play assault and realize defense is way to strong, leaves the server after calling them "profraghoecapmperS" and whatnot because they can't handle it. On the other hand when they do join assault and it's full of good players overruning some weak defense team calling it "teamwork". Uuh yeah!

in my view if u have teamwork, assault is more easy
Oh really! And defense might not be capable of using teamwork, or what? Jeez, what are you trying to sell here? What a empty phrase from someone who does not know what he is talkig about. I guess we were all wrong over the years that assault is the more difficult side to play. I guess I should mark that day in my calender where you found the secret of playing assault.

Someone who is defending, who can sit and wait or whatsoever always will have an advatage, always.
Most of the mods will increase that advatage even more depending on whatkind of weapons you get.
The fact that you have only one smoke grenade on assault with SF Mod doesn't makes it easier anyways, but I assume on defense it wasn't bothering you.

Offline -Dave-

• View Profile
  • AA: jMz;-
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 09:11:48 AM »
the server is laggyy..

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 10:13:12 AM »
I really hoped sur such a cool well found reply from u. U seem to be really frustrated and u are raging so hard.
Poor guy on assault ... life is really hard.

perhaps what u say doesn't make sense at all.
"oldscool players leave becauze there are too much fun servers" so we should not track em and honor em and whatever.
But wtf, think abit before talking. Some like fun servers. So if u dont track em or dont honor em or whatever PEOPLE WILL LEAVE and oldscool can still go on OLDSCOOL server, it's not forbidden, it's just empty ...

This is last answer in this topic cauz I'm getting really bored of you. U are telling everyone that defense sucks blablabla and u are a proud assault player but wtf look at u playing u never try to do obj, u always use that g and camps more then defence so perhaps u shouldnt talk that much
regards

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 10:39:01 AM »
This is getting out of proportions... Related with the server i linked, anyone even played there? I joined SF Extraction the other day and everyone could jump so high that we could go from ground to the top of any building. That's what i am talking about. that isn't AA. I'm not talking about maps balance, etc.
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
Sorry if i don t understand the total problem here,   servers admins  are meaking fun into the game for the players how like the mods, What does it matter A jump higher ore lower Player how get more honer point Personal i never go to that server how put that point higher for a kill but when players thinking dee play better whit high honer led them I can Tell you NO dee don t play better. LOOKS LIKE WE SEE GHOST HERE> STOP IT.
Best regards to all from a passionate Player Admin how like summtimes to put the jumps HIGHER for better game, more action, New input.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 12:47:13 PM »
In my opinion, I do not think sf in brigde, Ic, border, etc it's "a matter of having fun" i guess people use it to make the game play easier.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 13:24:16 PM »
It dussent harm players how come and say LOL. they all have the same gun so whats the problem we play sf on border in the time most of 25 assist players were on the breast of Mother.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: Friday, May 04, 2012, 13:25:48 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 13:34:41 PM »
I lol @ you guys talking about mods on bridge. Most useless discussion ever.

Realistically, it's the players that ruin the game. Think about it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 13:41:14 PM »
ROGER summtime thinks go a adder way OOPS !!

Offline Ru$tY.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 14:46:22 PM »
I really hoped sur such a cool well found reply from u. U seem to be really frustrated and u are raging so hard.
Poor guy on assault ... life is really hard.

perhaps what u say doesn't make sense at all.
"oldscool players leave becauze there are too much fun servers" so we should not track em and honor em and whatever.
But wtf, think abit before talking. Some like fun servers. So if u dont track em or dont honor em or whatever PEOPLE WILL LEAVE and oldscool can still go on OLDSCOOL server, it's not forbidden, it's just empty ...

This is last answer in this topic cauz I'm getting really bored of you. U are telling everyone that defense sucks blablabla and u are a proud assault player but wtf look at u playing u never try to do obj, u always use that g and camps more then defence so perhaps u shouldnt talk that much
regards

Is this really the way you argument with people just putting words in there mouth just lying about things they say? Just look, you put quotation mark on a sentence I've never said. Seriously, you're talking to the wrong guy here kiddo. I'm probaly not one of these guys you normaly argueing with because If you pretend to be intelligent trying to blend me with your laughable arguments then you doing it wrong. I know you really try to be one of the guys here, you trying so hard to be a smartass but seriously the crap you're writing here in this topic is equally pathetic as ridiculous. I've never said or did any of those things you blame me for to have said or done.  What the hell is wrong if you? You actually don't stay long enough in those games where I play to know what I'm saying, so knock it off spreading lies about me.

Well, it's actually not the first time you're doing it.You remeber the first time when you started to instult me for using G when I blew you up 2  times in a row at the 2pr, you were just wating there like a donk, actually every decent player knows that this is not a good spot to go because it's to easy to hit the car right there but anyways, you're the expert here, maybe I'm wrong. After that you were pissed and started to insult me, blaming me for your own stupidity, and you referred to a topic in my ex clan website where you saw me complaining about people who are using the G as well, which is funny because I've never did that, the only thing someone said was that he should stop teamkilling other people to get G, that's all. You just referred to a thread you actully never read assuming that I'm the same kind of hypocrite like you are.

The point is that a conversation between someone who likes modded server and someone who does not is pretty much pointless same as a conversation between christians and an atheists. The only thing you can do is to respect them for there own opinion rather trying to fight with them about who is right and who is wrong. Just respect my opnion same as I respect yours but be careful when you write some crap about me or something where obviously are not experienced enough, so it might just be better to shut your mouth rather to be a smartass in every thread.

And yes! You should stop talking here since the more you write here the more you embarrasses yourself even though I start to like pointing out how fake and stupid you are.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 04, 2012, 15:10:10 PM »
Well i'm not gonna argue about what is better, or more fun, or whatsoever, competitively speaking you have to use the regular weapons, the maps and the weapons we should use were made by devs which must/should have a lot more knowledge than all of us, for me it's pretty simple, now if u wanna play sf recon with m9 it's up to you guys  :P

Spanky:

That's the old cliche quote... "Don't hate the game, hate the ..."

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager