Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Maps of Ancient Returns to AA2 Options  (Read 5021 times)

Offline Lukinhass

Maps of Ancient Returns to AA2 Options
« on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 01:11:51 AM »
Cool old maps would be leveling the AA2 to Assist the maps: ES2 Border, Interdiction, SF Hospital SE ..
These maps could go back to AA2.

Its not see a way to bring back these maps do not?

Offline Alex

Re: Maps of Ancient Returns to AA2 Options
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 01:14:33 AM »
Co-op maps are not currently possible in AA 2.5. The editor simply doesn't have the AI features the 2.8.5 one does. However, we definitely can convert 2.8.5 maps for the 2.5 version of the game we use. It's all a matter of free time and how much demand there is.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 06:51:12 AM »
Is it difficult to learn .and are it standard proceedings . To change those maps

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 13:32:38 PM »
Vanoke, if you want to learn, go look at UT2004 editor tutorials and download the 2.8.5 map editor.

It's not just about converting the maps, ELiZ made that job easy. It's about getting the maps playable and enjoyable by fixing bugs, adjusting loadouts and that kind of stuff. All that effort and then very few people actually want to play the maps.

You can't tell me that you're 100% bored with all the 2.5, 2.8.5, AA3, and mAAp maps.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 16:36:12 PM »
I enjoy every moment that i am in game together whit the clan and adder players and i like alot maps but its Always good to have sum new one s that are intresting.
I will look UT2004 editor tutorials.

And is it this one  AA2.8.5Converter.v.1.1 :up: :down:
but soon holyday so it hase to wait a little longer to look

Vanoke, if you want to learn, go look at UT2004 editor tutorials and download the 2.8.5 map editor.

It's not just about converting the maps, ELiZ made that job easy. It's about getting the maps playable and enjoyable by fixing bugs, adjusting loadouts and that kind of stuff. All that effort and then very few people actually want to play the maps.

You can't tell me that you're 100% bored with all the 2.5, 2.8.5, AA3, and mAAp maps.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 17:22:39 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 17:27:40 PM »
I don't know which converter is the latest one but that's not something you need to worry about right now.

Personally, I'd like to see some public votes put up for adding individual maps. Just because you want it doesn't mean it's worth the time to add it to AA especially when there's 76 maps to play on already but only about 10% of that get played regularly.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 18:02:22 PM »
I know thats a problem . one  possible way to get more players in is to puth intresting maps in . and cooperation whit adder clans to choose maps . it happend already that we support a map and it fills up. and if we have 3 piplines and 3 bridge we must choose whitch one is the best and replace it for one good adder map.  summ maps are realy not interesting they are never played so thats way we must look further.

and i found this and i have a adder question who sings this its nice:   

Offline Ganja

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 18:03:10 PM »
Lucas you want to play other maps with your idle-free-kill-ghost-account? lol

http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/831112/
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/809921/

Was too much, had to reply

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 18:07:25 PM »
Vanoke, I used to think the same way. More maps = more players. That's not how it works though. Look at all the maps we've added but nobody cares about them. They're even popular official maps from 2.8.5 and AA3! A lot of the mAAp maps are pretty good quality too. People don't like to go out of their comfort zones and try new things, especially when talking about teenagers and video games. They like doing the same thing over and over because it's what they're good at.

The music is from Portal 1, the end credits. I forget the name of the person that plays GladOS but that's who it is.

Offline Alex

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 18:56:49 PM »
especially when talking about teenagers and video games. They like doing the same thing over and over because it's what they're good at.
I'd like to point out that I have yet to even talk to anyone who was a teenager playing this game. Most of us are in our 20's and 30's, and some even older. The people still playing this game are the ones who grew up playing it.

But the rest of your post is spot on. People only want to play maps they know they can be decent at, and that's ridiculous. I'm sick of playing Pipeline every god damn night. Nobody plays any different maps and if we add more, that's just more maps not being played.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 19:07:11 PM »
Reaction to Spanky

I understand  that but you must tell me that if you look to the coop movies i did made that ther are maps that are far better then sum we have in assist. and if they were ready you do change them directly.

About the players hmmmm!  you know better i see constant new names, it must be gowing better after summer
And think about this >>>>>
and i do also like say to about the new guy. Its not motivating that new players don t get all weapons. only when they have 15 honor . on sum maps they can t defend themself aganst sf ore better snipers ore adder  weapons ( i don t know all )
Gif them the same like all adders and they will learn to schoot in game and they are more happy, equel to the old well trained members in the game)

In old training they did schoot onfor training 10 times to practise and than  3 little white rabbits and  schoot the ganade 3 time good.  and than they got ther licence allready.  10 honor and GO into the game .

The thought that assist had that people have to do summthing for ther account -name- and to be proud on that hey have all. Is good but if i can t schoot players and have difficulties to get point my motivation can go low. 
I wood make game atracktive for the new players . only for the reason: equal weapons equal opportunities.

Oops bed time. bye

Offline Ganja

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 19:20:58 PM »
Nobody plays any different maps and if we add more, that's just more maps not being played.

Let's delete all the map but Hospital and Pipeline. We'll be able to say all the maps are played :D

Seriously, yes adding more maps would be fun for like 1 month but then some people will be better at it than others and only a few will keep playing them. That's what happened with the AA3 maps.

Offline Lukinhass

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 19:36:08 PM »
This is another account of a friend of mine, who lives next to my house, I want to see you prove that I play with 2 accounts with free ... kill ... man I'm assuming my actions, and I'm totally convinced that game clean ...

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 01:45:02 AM »
This is another account of a friend of mine, who lives next to my house, I want to see you prove that I play with 2 accounts with free ... kill ... man I'm assuming my actions, and I'm totally convinced that game clean ...
Well you did play on the same computer as the other account at the end of March and numerous times last year. Most of the times the logins are different, though.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 03:25:25 AM »
Well you did play on the same computer as the other account at the end of March and numerous times last year. Most of the times the logins are different, though.

Idle account I tell you.
He joins an empty server with both accounts, other being idle. When I join and decide to ghost him back, his main account stops moving and the idle revives from the dead ;)
All AA knows Lucas has been fapping on his tracker since ever. Sorry for the offtopic anyway I felt like sharing but this can be deleted I think, my bad !

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager